Items Teenage Mutant Ninja Frog Gear

MrD108

Official Terrarian
A must-have for all ninja frogs, this unique accessory allows for great mobility.

Recipe:
• Master Ninja Gear + Frog Gear + Sailfish Boots + Tsunami in a Bottle

Alt Recipe:
• Master Ninja Gear + Frog Flipper + Sailfish Boots + Tsunami in a Bottle
• Frog Gear + Sailfish Boots + Tsunami in a Bottle + Tabi + Black Belt
• Master Ninja Gear + Amphibian Boots + Flipper + Tsunami in a Bottle

The set combines the functionality of all accessories, allowing you to swim, climb, run, dash, dodge, jump higher, double jump and auto-jump.

I like the concept a lot, truly I do, but as it is, this seems a bit overtuned. It also kind of overshadows a lot of other accessories. Neptune's Shell, and by extension the Celestial Shell, outperforms the swimming boosts from the Frog Gear, wings outperform the double jump, increased jump height, and fall resistance, existing boots (namely Terraspark) outperform the run speed, but none of them can do it all at one time. I think if we just combined it with Frog Gear, instead of adding in the Tsunami in a Bottle and Sailfish Boots, that would be better. Boots and double jumps don't typically combine with stuff that isn't in their specific categories, so it makes more sense to leave them out too. But then, at that point, the main reason to combine these would just be to add the Frog Leg to the Master Ninja Gear, since Celestial Shell is way better than any other swimming option.

Adding Frog Leg to the Tabi is ridiculously strong

Adding Frog Leg to MNG is ridiculously stronger

Adding Frog Leg to MNG, and also Sailfish Boots and Tsunami in a Bottle just for the heck of it, is throwing all sense of game balance out of the window

Adding Frog Leg to the Tabi is ridiculously strong

Adding Frog Leg to MNG is ridiculously stronger

Adding Frog Leg to MNG, and also Sailfish Boots and Tsunami in a Bottle just for the heck of it, is throwing all sense of game balance out of the window
I didn't want to phrase it so strongly, but yes, you're right on the money. It would be far, far too powerful.

This accessory is intended to be perfect for traveling, making it easier to overcome terrain. Has the run of Sailfish Boots, but has no additional speed bonuses, has one extra jump, and does not negate fall damage to zero. This is a multi-functional accessory, but it is made of basic ingredients and helps you traverse the world.

Description idea:
"Does not require exposure to Mutagen"
"Why would you be a turtle when you can be a frog?"
"Preferred for fighting Martians and Bone Lee"

Back
Top Bottom