PC Terrablade should always be the best Melee weapon (at least damage wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I completely agree. Buff it and make it harder to craft, maybe it could require Ectoplasm or something else. If ANYTHING were to best it, it would be Ria from Tobbvald's Tinkering.

I'll hand it off to the Terra Blade because it made fighting Duke Fishron's second form much safer. Keep using a more-damage paladin hammer, you risk contact damage trying to get a hit. But PH always saw me through first form because it destroys all those bubbles without disappearing every few bubbles (Terra Blade beam only has 2 pierce, meaning it dies on the third hit). But it came to the point that I just wind up using the Terra Blade anyway.

The problem with leaving 88 to be the top damage for a sword is that then no others word will ever beat out the Terra blade.

And that would be boring...

Damage is only a small portion of how effective a weapon is. Compare the sniper rifle and the tactical shotgun as an example. The sniper rifle may have a much higher damage, but it is extremely slow.The tactical shotgun lacks this damage and is generally faster, and has a high amount of spread, making it capable of insta-gibbing the EOC in a single shot.
The only weapon capable of beating EOC in one hit is the North Pole.

Almost. Tsunami does around 2000 damage.
Not after I've seen this:
8VXWO.gif

(Credit to Suweeka)

Oh. I was thinking about it with holy arrows (which by the way make it easily the best weapon in the game). What arrows are those?

Okay, let's say the tactical shotgun does 100 damage. 100 x 8 = 800. Crystal bullets do 60% of the damage caused by the BULLET. Let's say the bullet does 30 damage. They spawn about 4. 60% of 30 is 18. 18x 4 = 72. So, 72 x 8 = 576. 576 + 800 = 1376. The eye has 2800 health. There's a 3 in 1376. Illuminati has 3 sides. illuminati confirmed. Seriously though, it'll take 2 shots to kill it.

Just because a sword represents a majority of the major biomes of Terraria does not make it a sword that represents Terraria in its entirety.

It literally means 'Ground' Blade. That can mean that it merely is a sword of different biomes, as indicated by its recipe.

So where does it say that it represents Terraria as a whole?

Almost. Tsunami does around 2000 damage.

Tsunami can deal more than 3200 damage with Holy Arrows and maximized damaged builds.

Okay, let's say the tactical shotgun does 100 damage. 100 x 8 = 800. Crystal bullets do 60% of the damage caused by the BULLET. Let's say the bullet does 30 damage. They spawn about 4. 60% of 30 is 18. 18x 4 = 72. So, 72 x 8 = 576. 576 + 800 = 1376. The eye has 2800 health. There's a 3 in 1376. Illuminati has 3 sides. illuminati confirmed. Seriously though, it'll take 2 shots to kill it.

Your information on this is greatly misleading. Crystal Bullets' shards deal 50% of the TOTAL damage. Crystal bullets always spawn 3 shards. You didn't calculate crit chance.

With maximized damage, a tactical shotgun can deal 92 damage per bullet with 98% crit chance. Crystal bullets deal 21 damage at a 93% crit chance. That brings the total to 113 damage at 99.9% crit chance, essentially 100%.

Tactical Shotgun fires at a rate of 6 bullets per shot, for a total of 678 damage. It would instead deal 1356 due to the insane crit chance.

Crystal shards would deal 50% of that. At a rate of 3 shards per bullet for a total of 18 shards, each shard would deal 56 damage [round to even number if decimal has .5]. Multiply that by 18, and you got 1008 damage. Multiply that further by 2 due to the crit chance and you got 2016.

For the total damage, we have 3372 average damage per shot.

Now for defense, take the total number of projectiles [24] and multiply that by 2 [48] because of crit. Now multiply that by 6 [EoC's damage reduction per projectile]. That's 288 less damage.

3372 - 288 = 3084

So no. It will, for the most part, kill it in 1 shot almost every time. QED

And before you retort that not all 18 shards are guaranteed to hit, keep in mind that it's VERY EASY to make them all hit: Allow EoC to clip through you and shoot while you are directly inside his hitbox. This guarantees ALL projectiles to hit.

On the other hand, you have to calculate the direction in which you have to aim the north pole for all projectiles to hit...
North Pole's reliability plummets while Tactical Shotty and Tsunami's chances are guaranteed.

Last edited:
Just because a sword represents a majority of the major biomes of Terraria does not make it a sword that represents Terraria in its entirety.

It literally means 'Ground' Blade. That can mean that it merely is a sword of different biomes, as indicated by its recipe.

So where does it say that it represents Terraria as a whole?

Tsunami can deal more than 3200 damage with Holy Arrows and maximized damaged builds.

Your information on this is greatly misleading. Crystal Bullets' shards deal 50% of the TOTAL damage. Crystal bullets always spawn 3 shards. You didn't calculate crit chance.

With maximized damage, a tactical shotgun can deal 92 damage per bullet with 98% crit chance. Crystal bullets deal 21 damage at a 93% crit chance. That brings the total to 113 damage at 99.9% crit chance, essentially 100%.

Tactical Shotgun fires at a rate of 6 bullets per shot, for a total of 678 damage. It would instead deal 1356 due to the insane crit chance.

Crystal shards would deal 50% of that. At a rate of 3 shards per bullet for a total of 18 shards, each shard would deal 56 damage [round to even number if decimal has .5]. Multiply that by 18, and you got 1008 damage. Multiply that further by 2 due to the crit chance and you got 2016.

For the total damage, we have 3372 average damage per shot.

Now for defense, take the total number of projectiles [24] and multiply that by 2 [48] because of crit. Now multiply that by 6 [EoC's damage reduction per projectile]. That's 288 less damage.

3372 - 288 = 3084

So no. It will, for the most part, kill it in 1 shot almost every time. QED

And before you retort that not all 18 shards are guaranteed to hit, keep in mind that it's VERY EASY to make them all hit: Allow EoC to clip through you and shoot while you are directly inside his hitbox. This guarantees ALL projectiles to hit.

On the other hand, you have to calculate the direction in which you have to aim the north pole for all projectiles to hit...
North Pole's reliability plummets while Tactical Shotty and Tsunami's chances are guaranteed.

Regarding your statement on the Terra Blade, it literally has Terraria in the name. It stands for the Forest biome, and Purity. The biggest icon of the game, the tree, is also the biggest icon of the Forest Biome. Other big icons of the game include green/blue slimes and bunnies both of which are found in forest biomes. If you don't like the idea of the Terra Blade or a possible upgrade being the best broadsword (broadswords are hardly the best weapon for melee as it is, Flairon :p), then in my opinion you should argue that, rather then targeting its symbolic meaning, because its fairly clear what it stands for, and I think you're looking a bit too deeply into it :p

Regarding your statement on the Terra Blade, it literally has Terraria in the name. It stands for the Forest biome, and Purity. The biggest icon of the game, the tree, is also the biggest icon of the Forest Biome. Other big icons of the game include green/blue slimes and bunnies both of which are found in forest biomes. If you don't like the idea of the Terra Blade or a possible upgrade being the best broadsword (broadswords are hardly the best weapon for melee as it is, Flairon :p), then in my opinion you should argue that, rather then targeting its symbolic meaning, because its fairly clear what it stands for, and I think you're looking a bit too deeply into it :p
North Pole. 'Nuff said.

Literally? No. It literally has the word Terra in the name, which means 'ground'. If any, Terraria would also represent this, as it's common fad to name 2d sandboxes with stuff like this. It's not a triangle of representation in this case. It's a V.

The conclusion to this is that both Terra Blade and Terraria use the same term 'Terra' in their name, 'Terra' being an actual word that represents the ground, the earth. That isn't enough evidence to prove that Terra Blade literally represents Terraria as a whole.

I'd be more convinced if they added a tooltip indicating it as such, but nope.

Flairon is the highest DPS weapon at the moment. North Pole has a damge cap, but it's hard to calculate its average dps as it relies entirelly on whether the target is stationary, the wind, the trajectory and so on. Flairon works in much more scenarios and needs much less open space to work effectivelly. North Pole might be easily stronger than Terra Blade tho in terms of raw dps when used to maximize its dps, if not, shooting it straight out at an enemy is known to deal quite a meh dps considering the spear is a piercing projectile and triggers invincibility frames, so does the projectile it shoot, which means they cannot both damage together, differently from Terra Blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom