Mobile Terraria 1.2 for Mobile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread moves very fast because people have been keeping it busy. Francisco was excited to share his discovery here, and despite the update being out, you are here commenting on his posts. Just leave it be . . . there is almost nothing more to say in this thread.
Me to I was being a little childish

505 you messed up my game more :(. Now it's saying "failed to fetch download url" and crashes at your logo. It's never done that before until after your update. I'm not taking a risk (again) to losing my character by uninstalling and reinstalling so please fix this issue, preferably before Valentine Day so I can get my Heart Arrows.

Advice for some android users
Don't download the newest update because it's not working for some reason. It keeps saying "failed to fetch download url" or "unable to download,enable wifi or enable cellular download". Just giving android users a heads up

The spawn rate actually seems even lower now, I just went three full minutes without a single mob under the effect of a water candle. On top of this, Floaty Gross are definitely still not spawning. So my guess is neither are Corruptors or Paladins, but I'll spend some time in their respective areas to make sure.

Other issues

All Flame dyes still do not change the characters appearance.

The "hot using issue" is what I'm guessing caused some ranged and magic weapons to work only half their intended speed due to the attack animation being performed twice, and while it seems to be mostly fixed, it still happens on occasion.

Having certain materials in your inventory seems to cause the crafting menu to highlight certain items even if you can't craft them, making you have to scroll all the way up to craft what you want. I haven't come up with a list of materials that cause this, but it seems to involve gray brick and glass walls somehow.

And this is just a personal preference, but since we have visual accessories this early, why don't we also have the option to turn them off individually? I don't wan't to see my mage using a shield, that breaks immersion. But at the same time, I'm not about to let things knock me all around.
(first of all I have the Amazon version and a good terminal, which may or may not have a relation to the spawn rates since lower end terminal couldn't render and control many enemies) the spawn rates are better now I think, in the dungeon under the effects of water candle and battle potion I have had to deal with massive amounts of enemies, comparable to the pc spawn rate (but still a little low in comparison when the same effects are applied in pc)
The highlighting also happened to me, but I didn't had gray brick or glass walls, the highlighted item was frozen wings and I only had the frozen feather.

And support you in the turning off for the accessories, or at least dye them

I had to Uninstall and reinstall a few times to get it to work. Lost a couple months worth of stuff. Suuuuuper pissed.

You could've made a backup of your data and restored from it after reinstalling. I always do that with mobile Terraria, because this always happens.

I've updated the OP in this thread, but wanted to let everyone know that we've pushed a bunch of fixes for Android this morning.
Please note the Android keyboard issue is still being worked on.

Note: Although the build version numbers don’t match up the game content is the same across both platforms.

Google Play Build 1.2.6781 - just published right now so it may take a couple of hours to go live
Amazon App Store 1.2.7122 – this is the build that went live yesterday

· Fixed crash for android 2.3 users

· Fixed issue where accessories weren’t being drawn

· Fixed rendering of jack-o-lantern

· Fixed issue where ‘hot using’ an item would use it twice instead of once (Potions are being ‘hot used’)

· Tried fixing NPC moving-in code, truffly NPC should move in quicker

· Crafting now recognizes when it should use lead or iron bars

· Crafting now recognizes correctly which type of wood it should use

· Fixed crash on suspension while in crafting screen

· Added blue & green wrenches

· Golem now has correct values for health & damage

· Ocram is a bit more difficult to fight

· Lowered mummy spawn chance in pyramid

· Hardmode spawnrate has been made slightly faster

· Holiday bauble has a chance to spawn from a cut down tree

· Fixed the following drill types:

o Mythrill

o Palladium

o Orichalcum

o Titanium

o Chlorophyte

· Fixed issue where sell prices might not update correctly

· Fixed issue where 1.2 items were not reforgable

· Fixed several multiplayer issues:

o Fixed issue where no HUD was displayed as client

o Fixed issue where dyes were not correctly synced

• Fixed rare crash when returning from suspension
Mine won't open anymore:mad:;( I use a Nexus 7, it says: "connecting to server" then just shuts down.

...Good thing I backed it up about a week ago.

Going to ask and see what's up tonight and hope for an answer.

You could've made a backup of your data and restored from it after reinstalling. I always do that with mobile Terraria, because this always happens.

I can't do a backup because my phone isn't rooted. And I can't root it because it's my work phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom