Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the Moon Lord fight, I don't really see how any of those jumps are anything but standard progression, though.
The beginning of Hardmode is, arguably, the hardest part of the game before fighting Plantera. Most enemies 3
After killing the Golem, there's the Martians and the Lunatic Cultist/Lunar Event. The Golem is a cakewalk compared to these.

Beginning of hardmode is one of my favorite times :p

Eh, forgot about Martians. They are certainly a pain, mostly because saucers spawn as soon as one is dead. Control flipping and gravity distortion don't help though :D

I did encounter a point where I had back to back solar eclipses with martian invasions inbetween. That was fun (read: tedious)

And while the Moon Lord is definitely a bigger jump in difficulty, I still don't think it's too much.

Have to disagree there. It's is a bit much.

I wish it would resemble more the bosses he's a conflux of (Eyes oC - charge and projectiles, Brain oC - summoned eyes, WoF - tongue, Skeletron - hands/projectiles). I mean all the elements are there yet it feels nothing like fighting any of them, or even like fighting all of those at once.

It would be like a final exam for the player, to put to use what it learned from fighting each of them.

Have to disagree there. It's is a bit much.

I wish it would resemble more the bosses he's a conflux of (Eyes oC - charge and projectiles, Brain oC - summoned eyes, WoF - tongue, Skeletron - hands/projectiles). I mean all the elements are there yet it feels nothing like fighting any of them, or even like fighting all of those at once.

Yeah, rather than having the hand eyes, it would have been nice to incorporate hand attacks. It would still need to be able to be invulnerable at times, though, otherwise it would just be focusing the hands down to take out damage sources.

Edit: I'd like it to still incorporate the difficulty going up during the fight, but maybe after a certain point it starts to get easier again? So, as the individual parts weaken they "enrage" but then you can eventually take them out decreasing the overall difficulty? At this point though, the patch notes isn't really the place to talk about revamping the boss. ;)

Yeah, rather than having the hand eyes, it would have been nice to incorporate hand attacks. It would still need to be able to be invulnerable at times, though, otherwise it would just be focusing the hands down to take out damage sources.

You'd be too busy dodging charging and laser shots eyes to actually focus anything in particular any more than you can now. And hey, the head beam could stay, to add it's own flavour to the boss; one is fair enough.

You'd be surprised.

Though I do think the poll also should've asked whether you've beaten him solo, because the Moon Lord is piss-easy in multiplayer. Might do another one later.
maybe in normal mode his hp should scale with the number of players like in expert mode..but I think in solo mode he needs a nerf... :/...on another note im EXTREMELY happy that strange plants will be more common...just how much more common is up for debate though...but the more strange plants I get the better <3

You'd be too busy dodging charging and laser shots eyes to actually focus anything in particular any more than you can now. And hey, the head beam could stay, to add it's own flavour to the boss; one is fair enough.

What would charge? *is picturing The Moon Lord flying around trying to head butt you*

Edit: Summons wouldn't have as hard a time as focusing as they do now, though.

Edit2: Also, overall I enjoy the whole end game sequence. I guess I'm just weird. :D

Just because people can beat something doesn't invalidate the fact that there may be, and possibly are problems with it. Anyone who says it does is closing their eyes to the flaws* or feels they're really just that "hardcore." Moon Lord absolutely needs to be retooled. I've already detailed why previously, so I'm not going to repeat that again. This isn't about "casual vs. hardcore" here, people. Get off that style of thinking and actually look at the boss objectively.

*Let me ask you something. Sit someone down, pop a bad game into a console, and have them beat it. Just because they beat it, does that mean all of the problems in said game should suddenly be ignored, and all gripes about them are invalidated? No, it doesn't. We're lucky with the age we live in with some of these games. We have the ability to contact the game's devs, point something out, voice our opinions, and help identify legitimate problems in the hopes they get fixed. While the analogy here references a whole game rather than a single boss, the point is still there, and I hope people understand what I'm getting it.

That's just what I'm doing here, and I encourage more people to voice their concerns about this. I'm looking at this boss, looking back at the other bosses I've fought to get up to this point, and giving my opinion based on my experiences as well as tossing solutions out onto the table. At least two of which could easily be done and make the fight infinitely more fair and fun. What's that? Dodge everything? Why not just eliminate the source of some of the grief, like the charging cluster of eyes, and remove them from the fight for 5-15 seconds? Sounds just as logical to me, and more fun. 'cuz, you know... we've only been killing boss adds for the entire game. Why can't we do it here? :/ That's retreading old ground I've already typed out though, so if you want that, jump back a few pages.

Actually, here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...e-changelog-included.24197/page-9#post-603990

Just so people don't need to go searching.

Last edited:
What would charge? *is picturing The Moon Lord flying around trying to head butt you*

Edit: Summons wouldn't have as hard a time as focusing as they do now, though.

Edit2: Also, overall I enjoy the whole end game sequence. I guess I'm just weird. :D

If by sequence you mean cultists + pillars + boss, then I agree: it's great!

What would be different? Remember the twins fight? One shooting lasers and one charging you? Add to that the phantom eyes that Brain oC had, and even ML has but they're unkillable for ML. Then add sweeping hand attacks, on top of the projectile that they shoot. So basically even more dodging, targets that give health/mana when killed, no more I'm-trapped-in-a-corner-by-3-laser-beams moments and killable leech tongue.

Maybe I'm delusional or too tired, but that sounds like a more fun and fair fight to me.

If by sequence you mean cultists + pillars + boss, then I agree: it's great!

What would be different? Remember the twins fight? One shooting lasers and one charging you? Add to that the phantom eyes that Brain oC had, and even ML has but they're unkillable for ML. Then add sweeping hand attacks, on top of the projectile that they shoot. So basically even more dodging, targets that give health/mana when killed, no more I'm-trapped-in-a-corner-by-3-laser-beams moments and killable leech tongue.

Maybe I'm delusional or too tired, but that sounds like a more fun and fair fight to me.

Sorry, thought you meant to get rid of all the phantom eyes >.<

Edit: Also, that sounds like an amazing fight :naughty:

I started drooling rainbows when I saw the Medusa nerf. Seriously that's the thing I wanted the most, thanks Cenx!

While I agree that the boss fight is not really well designed, the charging eyes are hardly the problem, except their invincibility. The 3 laser beams and having no killable summons is a greater issue.
How is it fair for a boss to have infinitely more HP than the player, to deal more damage, steal life often, have an almost undodge-able combo, negate player life steal, but give the player no source of health or mana (except getting hit which is obviously something to avoid - and it's a long fight, mana potions = 50% less damage quickly) ?

While I agree that the boss fight is not really well designed, the charging eyes are hardly the problem, except their invincibility. The 3 laser beams and having no killable summons is a greater issue. How is it fair for a boss to have infinitely more HP than the player, to deal more damage, steal life often, have an almost undodge-able combo, but give the player no source of heal or mana (except getting hit which is obviously something to avoid - and it's a long fight, mana potions = 50% less damage quickly) ?

I picked one example out of the ones that I could have. In a previous post I made, I detailed that pretty much ALL of his adds are unkillable. Linked to it too.

• You can no longer escape from the final boss's wrath.
I read this, and then failed to notice that there were no edits made to his (or the Pillar's) loot tables.
Is it too difficult to give us more of a reward for spending 30 minutes getting to the final boss?
I have to defeat him twice just to get enough ores to make 1 set of armour (1 hour gone) and even then he doesn't drop any money (neither do the Pillars) to help cover the cost of reforging what drops we do get from him.

This is my only qualm at the moment. I hope that you either make him give more Luminite or make a craftable summoning mechanism to avoid the tedious Pillar battles (which, as I should mention, take up most of the 30 minutes per fight).

Seriously, why is everyone so mad about the moonlord, because a clear cheesing method was removed from the game?

I also wonder why is it so hard to create an arena and deal with him there. Most of his attacks can be avoided that way. Fighting him in the open world really isn't wise to do anyway, so arena seems like the best idea to deal with the guy. He deserves one, too, as he isn't a joke and that's what's great about him.

I'm honestly wondering whether people are just lazy to build arenas or to think of an actual strategy other than sma:red:ba:red:, or what? I have killed him over 30 times so far and have no issues doing it with any class, without teleporting to the nurse. Terraria offers you to use the terrain, so why not doing it like that? I guess that's it just easier to cry how he's hard so that he gets nerfed...

*sigh* I just had to let this out of me, because it really is annoying seeing people state that he's that hard, whilst others beat him regardless of his buffs. If it offended someone, I'm sorry, it wasn't the point of the post.

Because not everyone find the building aspect of terraria fun I do and I still don't build arenas because of all the grinding and materials involved it's just not fun for me why would i play the game and do something that bores me in it?

Because not everyone find the building aspect of terraria fun I do and I still don't build arenas because of all the grinding and materials involved it's just not fun for me why would i play the game and do something that bores me in it?

Creating the arena mentioned needs only wood, torches, a bit of honey and heart lamps. It takes approximately 10 minutes of building and you're set for the boss fight, making it a guaranteed win if you're smart.

So, the building aspect involved in the arena is as little as it can be. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom