Member-Run Project ~ Terraria 1.3 Findings Thread! [Spoilers Inside] ~

I think the point of doing it as a tree instead of text is so that complete newcomers to Terraria have to figure out what Crimson/Corruption means on their own; it's a subtle indicator that's easily readable for returning players but somewhat hard to decipher if you've never played or seen anyone else play before.
And then Expert is something that both new and returning players need to know, thus it's displayed as text... Interesting. It's always nice to notice subtleties like that.

I think the point of doing it as a tree instead of text is so that complete newcomers to Terraria have to figure out what Crimson/Corruption means on their own; it's a subtle indicator that's easily readable for returning players but somewhat hard to decipher if you've never played or seen anyone else play before.
It's probably simpler than that. Corruption, Crimson, and Hallowed are all environmental factors, while Expert is merely a difficulty factor. Makes more sense to display the 3 on a tree more than additionally displaying EM via the tree.

By the way guys, I found a easy way to kill Duke Fishron. (If anyone needs help with it.)

I use the UFO and a Legendary Influx Waver, both drops from the Martian Saucer,
if you're capable of getting these drops, Duke shouldn't be a problem.

Just fly around the ocean biome and DO NOT STOP.
I use beetle armour with scale mail.

...wonder if Diceman's built a boss arena that uses hoiks..... but that's a thought for another thread.
If he hasn't yet, someone will have soon. Incidentally, I was considering building such an arena to beat the Moon Lord with no armor. However, I then learned that the Moon Lord's hands didn't follow a very predictable pattern, so I couldn't use the boomerang exploit.

If he hasn't yet, someone will have soon. Incidentally, I was considering building such an arena to beat the Moon Lord with no armor. However, I then learned that the Moon Lord's hands didn't follow a very predictable pattern, so I couldn't use the boomerang exploit.
That works on him?!

has anyone seen the cascade yoyo yet? 29 damage found by one of the mobs in the dungeon, I got one from a dark caster pre hm

Does anyone know how to get strange plants???????????:merchantconfused:

They grow on any moss, any grass other than mushroom, and on dirt. They will not grow within 350 blocks of any other dye related plant. Despite, their appearance, they only require a single 1x1 block of space. Also, they do not grow at or above a certain height, Sky IIRC. They grow in Space, apparently.
Oh, and they are not present upon worldgen to the best of my knowledge.
You break them with a pickaxe, in case that happened to be your question.

Last edited:
They grow on any moss, any grass other than mushroom, and on dirt. They will not grow within 350 blocks of any other dye related plant. Despite, their appearance, they only require a single 1x1 block of space. Also, they do not grow at or above a certain height, Sky IIRC.
Oh, and they are not present upon worldgen to the best of my knowledge.
You break them with a pickaxe, in case that happened to be your question.
It confirmed that they dont grow on the sky?

So far, I've gotten a few of them to grow on a skybridge which was attached to a floating island, entirely made of dirt.

Arkhalis, haven seen it before (i know someone already said something about that sword like 2 pages ago though no pics) found it in a cave near a marble biome... it looks like a Enchanted Sword (while in stone)
tYbeYYY.jpg
3Rk1NWA.gif

It's pretty fast
I found it on Expert Mode on day 3 or 4, and the timing was perfect.

Backstory:
I dug into the Underground Desert biome from a normal cavern. I didn't get very far before I found what I thought was an Enchanted Sword. After fighting off some antlions I grabbed it and grappled back to safety to check it out and equip it. Needless to say, after that I tore through the biome and opened up a ton of cavern space. The next night the EoC was looking for me, so I hid underground that night so I could set up the arena the next day. When he spawned the next night, the sword helped gain me a narrow victory.

Since then, I've also taken out King Slime and a Goblin Invasion with its help :) I can't wait to find the Tinkerer so I can reforge it!

Back
Top Bottom