Member-Run Project ~ Terraria 1.3 Findings Thread! [Spoilers Inside] ~

Khaelis

Plantera
Welcome to the Terraria 1.3 Findings Thread, where you can post all your 1.3 findings!

The aim of this thread is to post your finding so other users have something to check on to help them along.

--- Please refer to the 1.3 Changelog for various listed content ---
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-changelog.20617/

NOTE: I will do my best to compile a list of all my findings in this post for easier access, but I cannot promise how often I will be able to do it, so please make sure to read other posts!

My Compiled 1.3 Findings (will be sorted over time):

- [NEW] Wand of Sparking (magic weapon) ; Found in wooden chests on the surface. 8 Magic damage and requires 2 Mana.
- [NEW] Herb Bag (consumable) ; Found in wooden chests on the surface. Right click to open -- contains various potion plants and potions.
- [NEW] Night vision helmet ; dropped by Granite Elemental
- [NEW] Rally (weapon, YoYo) ; Dropped by Salamder
- [NEW] Frost Daggerfish (thrown weapon) ; Found by fishing in the snow biome.
- [NEW] Balloon Pufferfish (accessory) ; I found this while fishing in the snow biome. Other biomes may be possible.
- [NEW] Tsunami in a Bottle (accessory) ; Found in Wooden crates via fishing.
- [NEW] Bladetongue : found via fishing / fishing crate loot [needs further proofing]

- Bacon (consumable) ; Dropped by Pigron.
- Bombfish (consumable) ; Found via fishing. I found in the snow biome.

Expert Mode list (will be sorted over time):

ITEMS:

- Worm Scarf (accessory) ; Expert item obtained from Treasure Bag dropped by the Eater of Worlds
- Brain of Confusion (accessory) ; Expert item obtained from Treasure Bag dropped by the Brain of Cthulhu
- Shield of Cthulhu (accessory) ; Expert item obtained from Treasure Bag dropped by the Eye of Cthulhu
- Bone Glove (weapon) ; Item obtained from Treasure Bag dropped by Skeletron [needs confirmation]
- Hive Pack (accessory) ; Expert item obtained from Treasure Bag dropped by Queen Bee
- Royal Gel (accessory) ; Expert item obtained from Treasure Bag dropped by King Slime
- Demon Heart (consumable) ; Expert item obtained from Treasure Bag dropped by the Wall of Flesh

Other:

- Falling into water in the snow biome causes the Chilled debuff (10 seconds).

Last edited:
I am going to set an alarm and download it ASAP and play it, so I'm reserving this spot for findings I can actively add to this list C: If that's alright? :D

Currently in Expert mode
All these items I've obtained in Expert mode and on a Crimson World and have no comparison to normal mode/A Corruption World differences may be apparent or not:
- 2 Platforms per 1 wood now from crafting.
- Radar found in normal chests; allows you to see how many enemies are nearby.
- Wand of Sparking (Magic weapon) found in normal chests.
- Stopwatch Sold from the Traveling Merchant (Tracks how fast you're moving)
- Life Form Analyzer Sold from the Traveling Merchant (Tracks if there are rare creatures around you.)
- DPS Meter Sold by the Traveling Merchant (Tracks how much Damage Per Second you're doing.)
- Wooden Yo-yo (Weapon) Made by combining 10 Wood and 20 Cobweb at a Crafting Table
- Amazon (Yo-yo Weapon) made by combining 8 Rich Mahogany Wood, 2 Stingers, 1 Vine and 3 Spores at a Lead/Iron Anvil
- Detonator placeable object found underground use unknown to me.
- New (Underground?) Jungle Enemy "Salamander" 130 HP
- New (Underground?) Jungle Enemy "Crawdad" 100 HP
- Vicious Mushroom Material (Crimson's version of Vile Mushroom)
- New Critter "Red Squirrel"
- New Blood Moon Enemy "Blood Zombie" 150 HP
- New Blood Moon Enemy "Dripper" 100 HP
- Shark Tooth Necklace (Accessory) + 5 to Armor Penetration (Drops from Dripper and Blood Zombie.)
- Armor Penetration New Stat on Accessories and possibly items.
- Money Trough (Summoning item) Summons a Flying Piggy bank that you can access at any time. Dropped from Blood Zombie (Probably rare given how amazing it is but unsure at this time.)
- New Blood Moon Monster "The Bride" 400 HP Drops Guaranteed: Wedding Veil, Wedding Dress.
- All Colors of Slimes have banners it seems, after 50 kills like any other enemy they each have separate color banners. (Yay for Leinfors ! ((Whoops sorry for the tag))
- Ice Mirror, a Recall item exactly the same as the Magic Mirror except in style can be found sometimes in Ice Chests.
(Enemies are mean and steal your monies... although the changelog said that D; )

Final possible edit: Wiki already has everything up ;-;...so boring when someone just goes through the item ID's with a decompiler and makes finding things manually useless..

Last edited:
so I have found several things:
-beautiful marble furniture
-medusa head- rare drop from medusa, OP as :red:. hold down to charge for more damage, can hit unlimited monsters in a large radius aroundthe player. full charge has around 100 dmg. this thing will :red: up-
any prehardmode invasion
destroyer
EoW
BoC (it owns all the creepers in 2 shots)
-slime rain- slimes fall from the sky. they have items in them
pinky may spawn
mostly purple, blue, and green slimes except at night, when black slimes spawn
after you finish, you dont get the achievement
-marble biome- all the enemies in here are :red:s, but with decent loot
-ice mirror- reskin of magic mirror
-cell phone- it tinkers from the magic mirror and something called PDA (a gps upgrade). it acts like a gps with magic mirror function
-shadow dye- OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS :red: IT IS LIKE SHADOW PAINT BUT A DIE
-negative dye- like negative paint. not as cool as shadow dye

Last edited:
I am going to set an alarm and download it ASAP and play it, so I'm reserving this spot for findings I can actively add to this list C: If that's alright? :D

I'll delete this post if not later ;P

Perfectly fine. Some extra help would be nice since while I enjoy doing this sort of thing, I'm not the best at frequent updates.

I shall also reserve a spot . I am a special child and need a special spot
YOU BEAT ME TO THIS THREAD YE LIL :REDSPIN:

:dryadnaughty: Get rekt.

The hype is real. Spot also reserved! :D

New underground NPC, looks like a skeleton. His wares vary, but may be based on the players inventory to some extent:
62a53e478336fc10effc8b4b23bd74ef.png

ed3da612185ab0443042d9d631e6ec6f.png

d2a37f6df9d4e5b2bdbdf0d838033735.png

126c94275e2a42f225a8e110d2526909.png
New Ore/Bar confirmed: Luminite, confirmed through giving the guide stone

Last edited:
Ah, what the heck, I'll slam down a reserve post too.

New character, new world, Expert Mode. (And lots of dying.)

(Gonna spoiler sections)
General
- Loading bar on making a new world: Will show either Crimson or Corruption, depending on which it will have.
- Trees shown beside savefiles show Crimson/Corruption, possibly Hallow, possibly amounts of?
- 3-4 outfits on new character creation

Fishing
- Bombfish: It's literally a bomb without the sticky or bouncy varieties. Confirmed for Forest and Caves.
- Balloon Pufferfish: Seems to act the same as the Shiny Red Balloon. I caught it in a Cloud Lake.
- Tsunami In A Bottle / Got it out a Wooden Crate, has about the same reach as a Blizzard IAB, maybe less. Can be fused with the above to make an item, then with a Lucky Horseshoe to make the Pink Horseshoe Balloon.
- Frost Daggerfish / 17 throwing damage / 4% crit chance / Very Fast speed / Weak knockback / I fished up 25 in one hook, not sure what the range is. Caught in the Tundra.

Craftables
- New campfires: Ice, Demon, Cursed, Ichor, Rainbow (presumably the same effect?)
- Pink Torches (x3): any wood + Pink Slime
- Trap Door: 8 any wood + 4 any iron bar
- Tall Gate: 12 any wood + 4 any iron bar
- Target Dummy: 20 any wood + 50 hay (Sawmill)
- Item Frame: 6 any wood (Sawmill)
- Meteorite Brick (x2): Stone + Meteorite (Furnace)
- Crimtane Brick: Stone + Crimtane Ore (Furnace)
- Chlorophyte Brick (x2): 2 Stone + Chlorophyte (Furnace)
- Shroomite Plating (x15): 15 Stone + Shroomite Bar (Furnace)
- Luminite Brick (x2): Stone + Luminite (Furnace)
- Solar Fragment (x5): 5 Stone + Solar Fragment (Furnace)
- Vortex Fragment (x5): 5 Stone + Vortex Fragment (Furnace)
- Nebula Fragment (x5): 5 Stone + Nebula Fragment (Furnace)
- Stardust Fragment (x5): 5 Stone + Stardust Fragment (Furnace)
- Crystal Block (x5): 5 Stone + Crystal (Furnace)
- Sunplate Block (x25): 25 Stone + Star (Furnace)
- Meteorite Chest: 2 any iron bar + 8 Meteorite Brick (Workbench)
- Meteorite Clock: 3 any iron bar + 6 glass + 10 Meteor Brick (Sawmill)
- Marble Chest: 2 any iron bar + 8 Smooth Marble Block (Workbench)
- Marble Clock: 3 any iron bar + 6 glass + 10 Smooth Marble Block (Sawmill)
- Granite Chest: 2 any iron bar + 8 Smooth Granite Block (Workbench)
- Granite Clock: 3 any iron bar + 6 glass + 10 Smooth Granite Block (Sawmill)
- Martian Chest: 2 any iron bar + 8 Martian Conduit Plating (Workbench)
- Martian Clock: 3 any iron bar + 6 glass + 10 Martian Conduit Plating (Sawmill)
- Metal Sink: 3 any iron bar + Water Bucket (Anvil)
- Vine Rope Coil: Same as a Rope Coil, but with 10 Vine Ropes.
- Web Rope (x3): Cobweb
- Web Rope Coil: 10 Web Rope
- Wooden Yo-Yo: 10 Wood + 20 Cobweb
- Yo-Yo String: 30 Cobweb (Loom). Equippable in any main slot, extends yo-yo range.
- There's beds and sofas for about everything you can imagine.
- Silk Rope (30): Silk (Loom)
- Architect Gizmo Pack: Brick Layer + Extendo Grip + Paint Sprayer + Portable Cement Mixer / Combines the four into one.

Findables
- Guide to Plant Fibre Cordage: Surface Chest / 'Allows the collection of Vine Rope from vines'
Equipped in any main slot. Attacking vines will cause them to drop Vine Ropes.
- Radar: Surface Chest / 'Detects enemies around you'
Equipped in any main slot. Ingredient in the R.E.K. 3000, seems to count any on-screen foes.

Potions
- Blood Water (x10): 10 Bottled Water + Crimsand + Crimson Seeds. Crimson equivalent of Holy/Unholy Water.
- Gender Change Potion: Bottled Water + Daybloom + Moonglow + Blinkroot + Waterleaf + Deathweed + Shiverthorn + Fireblossom
- Wormhole Potion: Bottled Water + Ocular Fish + Blinkroot. Teleports you to a player via the fullscreen map.
- Warmth Potion: Bottled Water + Frost Minnow + Shiverthorn
- Solar Dye: Bottled Water + 10 Solar Fragment
- Vortex Dye: Bottled Water + 10 Vortex Fragment
- Nebula Dye: Bottled Water + 10 Nebula Fragment
- Stardust Dye: Bottled Water + 10 Stardust Fragment
- Void Dye: Bottled Water + Luminite Bar

Purchasable Items
- Lifeform Analyzer: Travelling Merchant, 5 Gold / 'Displays the name of rare creatures around you' / Equipped in any accessory slot
It's also an ingredient in the R.E.K. 3000 - more on that when I'm able to craft it.

Fisherman Rewards
- Weather Radio / 'Displays the weather'
Equipped in any accessory slot. Also an ingredient in the Fish Finder.
- Seaweed Planter / Furniture, looks like a potted seaweed plant.

Drops
- Metal Detector / 'Displays the most valuable ore around you' / Looted from Nymph
It also picks up nearby chests; loot seems to take priority over ores. It will also only give a name, not a location, distance, etc.
- Shield of Cthulhu / 'Allows the player to dash into the enemy' 'Double-tap a direction' / Looted from Eye of Cthulhu, Expert Mode only
30 damage / Very Strong knockback / 4% crit chance / 2 Defense
Double-tapping left or right will throw your character into a dash-bash, dealing 30 damage before armour. Equipped in any accessory slot.
- Javelin / 17 throwing damage / 4% crit chance / Fast speed / Average knockback
Drops from Hoplites, current rate is 54-78.
- Granite Block / Granite Golem and Elemental. Besides looking pretty, it's also 100% renewable.
- Worm Scarf / 'Reduces damage by 17%' / Looted from Eater of Worlds, Expert Mode only
- Money Trough / 'Summons a flying piggybank to store your items' / Looted from a Blood Moon, enemy unknown. Serves as a super-portable piggybank.
- Shark Tooth Necklace / 'Increases armor penetration by 5' / Seems to drop from a Blood Zombie, does what it says on the tin.
- Royal Slime / 'Slimes become friendly' / Looted from King Slime, Expert Mode only / I'm fairly sure this removes all slime aggro and damage, not sure if it works on King Slime himself.

A.I. Changes / New enemy A.I. / New Enemies
If the listed doesn't happen to you, assume it's Expert-only.

Blood Zombie: Blood Moon enemy, acts like a much faster zombie. 150 HP

Bride: Counterpart to The Groom, same zombie behaviour. 400 HP

Crawdad: Pretty sure it just has back-and-forth A.I., same as Beetles. It's also around the same size. Looks like a pink-ish lobster. 100 HP

Drippler: Blood Moon enemy, acts kind of like a Gastropod, but without the ranged ability. 100 HP

Giant Shelly: A large snail with turtle A.I., found in Caves layer. 100 HP

Granite Elemental: Plays dead, negating all damage until it 'revives'.

Granite Golem: Crosses it's arms and sends pulses up them; any melee damage dealt is reflected, immune to ranged and magic (?) damage.

Jellyfish: Surrounds itself in an electric shield (Monster Hunter players, think Khezu) and either drifts or launches forwards. Melee damage is reflected, immune to ranged and magic (?) damage. Confirmed for Blue and Pink varieties.

Salamander: Found in Caves layer, blueish-white, similar to Lihzard. Has a poison spit attack with a second or so of build-up. 130 HP

Skeleton: Bone throw attack. Was underwater, so can't confirm velocity or range.

Spiked Frost Slime: Randomly enters a state where it stops moving, but launches five spikes in an arcing shower three times.

Spiked Slime: Similar to a Spiked Frost Slime, but without the Chilled debuff. 100 HP

Eater of Worlds (Expert): Each body segment has around 240 HP and now shoots projectiles akin to Corrupters. He also seems to plan for higher jumps if the player is higher up, and may also coordinate his segments for pack-attack strategies. I'm not sure if it was from him, or breaking a Shadow Orb, but I had the Weak debuff for the first fight - it was absent in the second.

Eye of Cthulhu (Expert)
: First phase launches Servant of Cthulhu much faster, less delay between charges. Seems to go into second phase earlier at roughly 2/3 HP rather than 1/2, which also summons a handful of Servant of Cthulhu to itself, then toward players. At around 1/3 HP, it begins charging faster with a higher pitch. As it's HP drops, the delay between charges becomes smaller, then non-existent, with the Eye seeming to dash randomly around the player.

Slime King: Seems to be a little faster, also has a teleport attack that he utilized once or twice. Spawned some Spiked Slimes, also.

NPC Attacks
I'll leave this unspoilered for now.
Guide: Bow and arrow, seems to be around Wooden Bow tier damage
Goblin Tinkerer: Spiky balls, seem to be same damage as player-thrown ones
Arms Dealer: Seemed to be a Revolver or similar (?)
Nurse: Throws vials of poison (or similar) that deal DoT.
Dryad: Spell buffs player with Nature's Blessing (+8 armour). Inner ring seems to have constant short-range projectiles.
Angler: Throws... frozen fish? They arc and have pretty decent damage.

Should also be noted I'm simply dumping recipes, stats where possible, and shall avoid drop rates like the plauge - but will, where possible, list where I got X item. I'll also more than likely sort them alphabetically... soonish.

More to come as it comes!

Last edited:
Spot reserved
Ice Boomerang is cool
Merchant now sells sickle and marshmallows
New enemy that spawns during blood moons called dribbler oh and blood zombie they might be crimson guys doe
nymph girls drop metal detectors that tells you if ore and hearts are near
GOLDEN Squirrel

Last edited:
What about posting things that were confirmed in the streams but obviously haven't been released yet? like Shield of Cthulu?

EDIT: above ground chests have a chance to hole the "Quick Guide to Plant Fiber Cordage"
which makes vines drop vine ropes that are pretty much green ropes
MOAR EDIT: found the skeleton merchant, he sells a blue counterweight for yoyos and a strange brew, which restore 80 life and 400 mana

Last edited:
GENERAL:
-Clothes style: I choose the fancy robe

WORLD GENERATION:
-Hardened Sand spawns underground outside of deserts
-Minecart Tracks can spawn underground

MOBS:
-Slimes can have common items in them: I saw some with some platinum, bombs, rope, and a swiftness potion
-Antlions have new sound effects and can spawn in the underground desert

WEAPONS:
-Wooden Yo-yo. 9 Melee Damage
-Chik. Made from one Wooden Yo-yo, 15 crystal shards, and 10 souls of light. 39 Melee damage. Hardmode Weapon.

OTHER:
-Fallen Stars required for a Mana Crystal reduced again, this time only 3 are required.

RESPRITES:
-Soul of Light is now a bunch of sparkles instead of a "Pink Pixie Ball."

Last edited:
RESERVED FOR USE OF WALRUS

1. I got a Night Vision Helmet off a Big snail. Allows the user to see better in the dark.

Last edited:
Reserved :D

Also I will be playing 1.3 with a previously made character (end-game equipment) so if I find anything pretty awesome that might be why.

No problem. The idea is to find as much as possible. There will be some who aren't playing from the start. :b

Updated main post with a few items found in Expert Mode. Item effects are not listed to prevent complete spoilers.

Oh and good luck to you, as well Khaelis. Expect loads of work, and tons of writing in 12 hours! I hope this thread doesn't become too much work for you.

Oh and good luck to you, as well Khaelis. Expect loads of work, and tons of writing in 12 hours! I hope this thread doesn't become too much work for you.

Already got that covered plan because I basically stated I'm not responsible for being slow to update the main post. :dryadnaughty:

I play at my own pace, so I should have plenty of time to cover stuff from start to finish, hopefully.

Looking forward to reading this!

Oh bugger a moderator posted.. now I have to try harder. Curses. :dryadnaughty:

Back
Top Bottom