3DS Terraria 3DS 1.04 - issues thread

you can store it on your pc by taking out the SD card and copying the data to it.
yeah except I bought the game so I could play terraria off my computer, and my computer has no sd card slot AND I can't use wifi transfer because my wifi card broke and I use ethernet cables now.

use a USB adapter. you can still play off your computer. you put your SD card back in after you do the backup.

Silly little bug : If you take ropes and make a line, go on the ropes and using the D Pad with ropes in your hands go over your head "stroking (i don't know any other way of saying it)" the rope it'll suddenly extend very fast to its max without using any ropes

Try placing a rope in the sky that's big enough to take the full screen and doing it.

When is the 3DS edition going to be updated to speed with the mobile and console versions?
I thought it was already up to date with those, or else a little ahead thanks to dye conpensation, but if I'm wrong, it probably won't be for a while if at all, the only reason Terraria took so long to be released on the 3DS is because it can barely handle it. We'd be real lucky to even see the underground desert, which is only on PC so far.

When is the 3DS edition going to be updated to speed with the mobile and console versions?
The 3ds version is pretty much always going to stay in update 1.2.0. It won't "catch up" with the other consoles or mobile when it comes to the 1.2.4 content (and of course, will never get 1.3 that the PS4, Xbone and the mobile will get).

The 3ds has very little RAM, including the New 3ds. We have some items and features from 1.2.4 and 1.3, along with some mobile and console exclusive stuff. But we don't have many of those 1.2.4 and 1.3 items. Heck, we are still missing many items from 1.2.2 and 1.2.3. We can request for what new items we want to see, but the 3ds can't handle having many more items added into the game, only a few could be added.

The New 3ds could handle a bit more items than the Old 3ds and 2ds, but that would cause trouble when it comes to multiplayer and would probably cause issues within the community since it would be unfair that some 3ds owners got a lot more content than other 3ds owners (let alone the confusion that it could cause too, quite a few people didn't know that the expanded worlds were New 3ds exclusive after all).

Due to having content from many different versions of Terraria, the 3ds game is kind of it's own update now. It won't follow the same route that other consoles and mobile will take.
[doublepost=1481532998,1481532650][/doublepost]
When I open the Christmas presents, candy cane blocks only come out. Is this a glitch?
Not a glitch, the Christmas presents only used to give out Candy Cane blocks and Snowglobes originally. The other items weren't introduced until PC update 1.2.3. The 3ds version of Terraria is update 1.2.0.

Some multiplayer glitches to report to @Deanzor & co. that I don't believe are being addressed with the in-review patch, but might be worth looking into.

Player 1 = Host.

1. Player 2 cannot see the eyes or the mouth of the Wall of Flesh. I have no idea if his/her attacks do any damage to it. You are unable to lock on with targeting. Sometimes for a split second one of the eyes or mouth might flash on the screen. It's just the vertical wall that's visible. This was tried multiple times after reloading the world and characters and the issue still remained.

2. If Player 1 is high altitude, Player 2 will also get high altitude spawns, Harpies and Wyverns. Player 2 in this instance was far below the surface in the underground and both Harpies and Wyverns were spawning. Tested in Hard Mode.

3. Wyverns are glitched for Player 2. Usually appearing as only its hind legs, and oftentimes as 2 entities (one being invisible, or just the face) flying indipendently from each other - when I believe it should only be one being/spawn. (If this makes sense?) Tested in Hard Mode. This appeared above and below ground.

4. I know you said it was intentional, but could you please look into spawn rates again because I don't remember enemies being this intense on any version of Terraria, and I've played a lot of 360 and PC versions. I think something's up.

Thanks for your time and good luck with the updates. :)

I think I've also got an issue with the Eater of Worlds. I've been trying to get it's trophy, but it won't drop anything, not even Lesser Healing Potions! Now, I'm not trying to say this could be a bug, bit is anyone else experiencing this?
Whoa. I just realized I don't get any potions either.
Wait, for you it won't drop anything at all? For me, it only drops Shadow Scales and Demonite Ore. Do you get those at least?

This really needs to be looked into because apparently some people do get the trophy to drop but others don't get anything.

Whoa. I just realized I don't get any potions either.
Wait, for you it won't drop anything at all? For me, it only drops Shadow Scales and Demonite Ore. Do you get those at least?

This really needs to be looked into because apparently some people do get the trophy to drop but others don't get anything.

Yeah I get Demonite Ore and Shadow Scales, but those come from the segments, and not from defeating the Eater of Worlds itself.

I found a bug with the items and inventory. I'm in hardmode and just got some orichalcum. I tried to make an anvil out of it, but it just disappeared when I crafted it, along with the material I used to craft it. I tested it with ebonstone and turns out, if I equip ebonstone and exit the inventory screen, I lose a block of it. It happened over and over again and only with my crafting/building blocks, not with potions or anything.

I found a bug with the items and inventory. I'm in hardmode and just got some orichalcum. I tried to make an anvil out of it, but it just disappeared when I crafted it, along with the material I used to craft it. I tested it with ebonstone and turns out, if I equip ebonstone and exit the inventory screen, I lose a block of it. It happened over and over again and only with my crafting/building blocks, not with potions or anything.

Basically this is how the glitch works (just a copy and paste from my post on the previous page):

What weapon did you have equipped before you selected the anvil?

The glitch only happens when you switch from certain weapons/tools and then select the Anvil (same thing happens to Tropheys, some furniture and many more items). This doesn't have to be in precision mode either, this glitch can happen in your inventory when a certain weapon/tool is in the first slot of your hot bar.

I tested the anvil glitch you mentioned. I had the Phoenix Blaster in my hand, then I selected the anvil. The anvil dissapeard. But when I select the anvil when I was holding a different block/furniture/most weapons and tools in my hand, the anvil didn't dissapear. Again, for the inventory glitch, the anvils dissapeard when I had the Phoenix Blaster in the first slot of my hotbar and then I selected the anvil and left the inventory menu.

Certain weapons and tools create the same glitch to what the blaster does. Can you find out what weapon/tool you had in your hand before you selected the anvil? Not every glitched weapon/tool affects the same items. The vampire knifes doesn't affect furniture like the blaster does, it affects other items instead.

If items disappear from your inventory, try swapping your items around in your hotbar. Whatever weapon/tool you have in the first slot of your hotbar is most likely causing this glitch. Putting that weapon/tool in any of the other 9 slots will stop the glitch. Same glitch happens when you are in the builders menu, if you are currently holding a glitched weapon and then you select the anvil or another type of item that you wanted. Selecting the Anvil after holding a different weapon in the builders menu doesn't cause the anvil to disappear though.

Last edited:
I identified the source of most of my crashes in the 3ds version :

The map.
If play around your world for a bit, save and leave, go to another world, mess around (look for like iron and dig it for a bit) then leave the world, go back in your world and open the map it just totally crashes on me.

I think I understand why WoF crashed on me : I opened my map to see which side the "box" of loot was then POOF crash.

I had this happen like 3 times in a row while trying to abuse nimbus rod on the destroyer. (switching map to get materials for the spawn)

Anyways this is a really important bug that should be fixed ASAP as I lost sooo much progress due to this..

EDIT : Destroy the world you mined on afterwards; I think that's one of the most important steps to making this work. I believe the game draws the world map while you're playing even if you don't open the map so afterwards when you leave, delete the world and go back in another one it tries to read map data that doesn't exist, thus crashing

Last edited:
This isn't a glitch but just a issue I have with the game atm : Skeletron prime is kinda op?

Full hollow armor, Golden shower, Excalibur, etc etc and I still can't kill SP before sunrise.
Didn't skeletron prime get balanced for 1.0.4? Why is he so hard now? Or am I doing something wrong?

This isn't a glitch but just a issue I have with the game atm : Skeletron prime is kinda op?

Full hollow armor, Golden shower, Excalibur, etc etc and I still can't kill SP before sunrise.
Didn't skeletron prime get balanced for 1.0.4? Why is he so hard now? Or am I doing something wrong?
Skeletron Prime is a lot easier with Terra Blade

Back
Top Bottom