Terraria Comic Book from DC Comics is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Terrarians!

As you know, we have had a series of Terraria merchandise for some time now - which many of you have taken the opportunity to pick up. From calendars to stickers to posters, toys, and more: we are working with Jazwares as well as directly with a variety of merch providers (how about those sick OneDrop Terrarians?!?) to expand our offerings into areas that will satisfy our quite diverse fanbase.

We will have more to share around that as the year progresses....but we wanted to take some time today to share what we feel is one of the absolutely coolest things we have had the chance to work on: a Terraria Comic Book with DC Comics!!! Join Calista the Dryad and reluctant hero Alistair on a quest against a terrible evil....or maybe just for fortune and glory.....

kdcROYP.png

kdcROYP.png

This project was truly a collaboration between Re-Logic and the amazing people over at DC Comics. From the art style to the story, DC was a pleasure to work with and the end result is a fantastic collectors' item that is equal parts awesome and authentic to Terraria. We sincerely hope that you enjoy it as much as we do! We are quite hopeful that it does really well - as we would love the chance to do more of these. :cool:

The Comic comes packaged with two Terraria figures (Platinum Armor and Dryad) in the same style as the existing toy line. It is available at Toys R Us online now and should be in stores soon if not already!!! To pick yours up, simply click the comic cover above to head directly to the Toys R Us page!
We are really excited about this collaboration and hope that it is merely the beginning of what is possible with taking the Terraria franchise to the next level! Who knows, maybe we will see this become an actual comic series! ;)

Stay tuned for more cool stuff as 2016 marches on! Thanks as always for your support.

Cheers!

All we nee dnow is a terraria based item for tf2.*takes a xeno popper and chloro bullets*FOWARDS TO VALVE HQ!

if its $15 then how many pounds is that?:red:
[DOUBLEPOST=1455224147,1455223942][/DOUBLEPOST]
All we nee dnow is a terraria based item for tf2.*takes a xeno popper and chloro bullets*FOWARDS TO VALVE HQ!

nah, it has to be a versus video made by Re-logic like minecraft vs Terraria-the final battle. probably like marvel vs DC.

WARNING: UNPOPULAR OPINION: I enjoy comic books from time to time but i`m more of a Marvel kinda guy (they have cooler characters) . It`s cool that they made a Terrara comic but the art style they chose looks a little too old fashioned. I might check this out if I can find the right place to get it because I ain`t going to Toy`s R us if that`s where it`s at (Am I a kid? No.). I`m intrested in seeing that Terraria finally gets A story and I hope this comic is good but judging by the cover i`m worried that it might not be as good as I expected.
It seems I may have to clear SOME of this up: I said, I am MORE OF a Marval kind of guy, I never said that I don`t look at DC comics from time to time. As for old fashioned, excuse me for having an opinion. And as for Toys R us: It seems that some people prefer to encorage lieing rather than honesty. Like I said: I ain`t walking into a Toys R Us. If I was going to buy a toy for my 10 year old little sister then maybe but other than that, no.

It seems I may have to clear SOME of this up: I said, I am MORE OF a Marval kind of guy, I never said that I don`t look at DC comics from time to time. As for old fashioned, excuse me for having an opinion. And as for Toys R us: It seems that some people prefer to encorage lieing rather than honesty. Like I said: I ain`t walking into a Toys R Us. If I was going to buy a toy for my 10 year old little sister then maybe but other than that, no.

Bruh! I know plenty of teenagers and adults who go into toys r us for random/stupid stuff even I go into it occasionally for video games and stuff:merchantgrin:.
Oh btw DC ALL THE WAY:cool:.

£10.36 is a lot of money too.I'll have to get from charity shop lol:happy:

That would be our hope here at Re-Logic as well....but I suppose it all depends on how well it does. That said, we do have some ideas for #2-3.....

We wanted something tier-appropriate and we felt Gold Armor had been done to death. Again, Redigit set the art direction and signed off and guided the characters - so while I get that some viewers may think it doesn't fit how they see the sprites "come to life", it did for him. ;)

We liked the semi-retro Silver Age/Strategy Guide vibe/style - it fit what Red wanted and kinda fit the throwback nature of the game to a degree. That won't suit all tastes - same as if we had done it in ANY style. Anime would have had the same reaction - some lovers, some haters.

Same thing with the Dryad. Initial designs had her very dainty, etc...but Red's vision for her had always been more "Amazonian" than the way she is so often portrayed in fan art, etc....so we gave that direction. She is a 500 year old powerful nature spirit after all - apologies if that doesn't fit everyone's desires and tastes.

We were heavily involved in the core plot/story arc writing. The dialogue and actual execution was from DC. Again, though, we are super pleased with the end result. Sure, you can always pick at things after the fact and say we could have done X or Y, but we still feel its solid.

In the end, no matter what direction we chose or decisions we made, pleasing everyone in a diverse fanbase such as ours is an impossibility. If this offering isn't to your liking, perhaps some of the other things that are in motion that may or may not one day become reality will be. ;)

My personal hope would be just that: this is a strong performing proof to DC/JW/Etc that we should do more here.....perhaps even digital releases and turn this into a standalone series. Have to see how it all turns out though....this stuff is all kind of "success breeds more" in most cases.

Anyway, for those that purchase one, we sincerely hope you enjoy it. :)
If you don`t mind me saying you could make Terraria comics that appeal to multiple audiances. Both Marval AND DC have made Alternate versions of their characters usually set in alternate dimentions. Is there a chance that there could be a set of alternate Terraria comics as well?

probs
[DOUBLEPOST=1455227300,1455226781][/DOUBLEPOST]
That would be our hope here at Re-Logic as well....but I suppose it all depends on how well it does. That said, we do have some ideas for #2-3.....

We wanted something tier-appropriate and we felt Gold Armor had been done to death. Again, Redigit set the art direction and signed off and guided the characters - so while I get that some viewers may think it doesn't fit how they see the sprites "come to life", it did for him. ;)

We liked the semi-retro Silver Age/Strategy Guide vibe/style - it fit what Red wanted and kinda fit the throwback nature of the game to a degree. That won't suit all tastes - same as if we had done it in ANY style. Anime would have had the same reaction - some lovers, some haters.

Same thing with the Dryad. Initial designs had her very dainty, etc...but Red's vision for her had always been more "Amazonian" than the way she is so often portrayed in fan art, etc....so we gave that direction. She is a 500 year old powerful nature spirit after all - apologies if that doesn't fit everyone's desires and tastes.

We were heavily involved in the core plot/story arc writing. The dialogue and actual execution was from DC. Again, though, we are super pleased with the end result. Sure, you can always pick at things after the fact and say we could have done X or Y, but we still feel its solid.

In the end, no matter what direction we chose or decisions we made, pleasing everyone in a diverse fanbase such as ours is an impossibility. If this offering isn't to your liking, perhaps some of the other things that are in motion that may or may not one day become reality will be. ;)

My personal hope would be just that: this is a strong performing proof to DC/JW/Etc that we should do more here.....perhaps even digital releases and turn this into a standalone series. Have to see how it all turns out though....this stuff is all kind of "success breeds more" in most cases.

Anyway, for those that purchase one, we sincerely hope you enjoy it. :)

Why don't they use meatior armor or base it in hardmode and give the guy mythril armor- Two armors you can't get for an action figure- only used in fan comics and fan art...;(

If you don`t mind me saying you could make Terraria comics that appeal to multiple audiances. Both Marval AND DC have made Alternate versions of their characters usually set in alternate dimentions. Is there a chance that there could be a set of alternate Terraria comics as well?
Here`s a few possible titles: Terraria: A Rangers story, Terraria: Trials of a Wizard, and Terraria: Hero`s Guild. Hey, wasn`t the idea with Terraria: Otherworld essenially have it set in an alternate Dimention anyway? :)

Last edited:
yeah... wonder why they don't add portals to alternate dimensions in regular terraria?
ALso; another title idea: Terraria-the dreaded bug-out of rage quits...:p

Alright, going to be honest: I had plans to be the over critical shoot down the idea until I'm a hypocrite and love the comic. Well, imagine how disappointed I am to find my job has already been done for me? I have to be a hypocrite sooner than I was before.

Bull:red: that angers me in this this thread major mash up:
"I'm not a kid. I ain't going to Toys R Us." This post alone shows that you are being more childish by refusing to go to a RETAIL STORE than actually walking into the store and buying it. If you feel like you really need to express your adulthood say your buying it for a son/daughter or younger brother/sister.

"No. Just. No." Well thank you for your in-depth response to this comic, we definitely have an encompassing feeling about your criticism for this idea.

"The dryad looks too similar to a 'superhero.'" Please familiarize yourself with the basic details we have about this comic, namely: The hero, Alistair, is advised by the Dryad. Meaning she's going to be a little more important than our average door opening NPCs with tictacs rivaling their intellect. Who wants to read a story that's exactly like the game they play? Just play the damn game. Also, doesn't DC make SUPERHERO comics? No? Just me? Alright.

"Platinum Arm-" He's fighting the Eater of Worlds, I had Platinum Armor when I fought EoW. Am I suddenly Satan now? Are people just going to post "No. Just No." on my profile now? Besides, as I emphasized before. The reason we reach for Fanfiction and stories adapted from the game is because they are not the game, and rather an extension of it derived from someone else's VISION of the game. Since this is Re-Logic's vision, the creator of the game, it becomes even closer to the original VISION. Not everything is going to be "Terraria-In-Game-Dirt-Is-Two-Hex-Codes-Different-In-Game-You-Idiots" level accurate.

"Refusing to buy anything with DC's name on it." Well, besides that being bigotry in its nature, you are refusing to buy anything with someone else's name on it. Including new artists, writers, and now Re-Logic's team. Yay! Congrats! You don't support discovery and artistic expression anymore. :) How cool.

The artistic style is too old, or not modern enough. Hey the retro Sprite style of Terraria is so NEW... Oh, let me look at all those indie games/roguelikes in your Steam list. Huh, imagine that. How weird. Also, remember that the retro style of the comic more than likely was approved by devs. Not to mention that shouldn't matter if you truly have your own opinion and aren't just bandwagoning.

"The EoW is outside of the Corruption" Ever heard of Creative License? Besides the fact this is based on a video game in which NPCs can walk outside in drown in a 3 block deep puddle of water... You're complaining about realistic elements in a comic book based on a non realistic game? Wha?

And so much more, please, for the sake of I want to be the pessimistic bastard in the future, be more open minded. With love, Teal.
This is exactly How I have feel. Its like people hating otherworld because it,"Looks weird, so I probably wont get it". This is just as bad as people not getting Terraria cause it does not have modern graphics. Same goes for the comic. Some people don't want to get it just because of the figures. People need to start having an open mind until they can review it fairly.

if its $15 then how many pounds is that?:red:
[DOUBLEPOST=1455224147,1455223942][/DOUBLEPOST]

nah, it has to be a versus video made by Re-logic like minecraft vs Terraria-the final battle. probably like marvel vs DC.
If were are adding Terraria items to TF2, there needs to be a minigun reskin which looks like the minishark :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom