Terraria conspiracy theories.

Have you ever seen that video, "Redigit Plz" or something like that, from Pedguin's 1.2 adventure? When the Wall's eyes and mouth fly off the wall and into space? What if this happens in 1.2 because the Wall is going to become the Moon Lord? Think about it, on the moon, the eye find Lumanite, perfect for making a new body. He models himself after Cthulu and adds extra eyes and a demon heart. He even keeps his tounge and mouth very similar. He then recruits pillars from the far reaches of the galaxy, Vortex, Solar, Stardust, and Nebula. With his great power, he starts a cult following of five people told to approach the player when they've proved themselves by defeating the dungeon. With their sacrafice, which can be compared to the Guide's sacrafice, the beginning of the end is started. The four pillars then assult the area, and at the end of it, the Moon Lord. So through this glitch occuring we were all warned of 1.3's approach, with this great challenge. This could be why the cultists are called ancient, as they would have been around since the start of 1.2 or possibly even before. Conspiracy confirmed 1.3 confirmed 1.4 confirmed 9.001 confirmed Half Life 3 confirmed.

Yay Pedguin liked my post. ^-^ Senpai noticed me.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436845689,1436845567][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe the guide is the wall of flesh! He's the spirit of the center of the world with the spell being contained in his voodoo dolls, when they're destroyed he goes into a mindless rage from the sudden transition. "Destroying" him (bc how can you destroy the center of the world?!) Knocks sense back into him and lets him get his ess together restarting the spell with a waiting doll as the vector. Hence the once per day rule. :p

The WoF has no such "once per day rule" As long as the Guide is alive, he can be killed. The Guide can even respawn mid fight and many more times per day.

So I've been realizing a few things about the game and I finally came up with some theories:

1. WEREWOLVES

So during a hardmode full moon, werewolves can spawn. We all know that a werewolf is someone who transforms into a wolf during a full moon which raises the question: Who were the people? There are a few possible answers to this.

• Pirates. The pirates appear to be some of the only characters in the game (besides NPCs) who are completely human. They are the most plausible candidate for the werewolves

• Goblins. The goblins are less likely as they are not human. They are however the most plausible explanations for the skeletons found underground and chained up in the dungeon.

• NPCs. Now this one is slightly more far-fetched but hear me out. When an NPC dies, another one takes its place, often with a different name. There seem to be an endless stockpile of NPCs to replace the old ones. The only thing that makes this explanation false is that none of the NPCs will turn on a blood moon.

2. THE POSSESSED

The possessed is an enemy that spawns during solar eclipse. It could be a reference to The Exorcist or The Ring. It is a human figure with long black hair and white, blood-stained clothing. The name implies that the possessed was once a human that was... possessed. I have one theory behind this...

• V Costa Moura. This is the man or woman who painted most of the paintings obtainable in the game. I am only giving one candidate for the possessed as the prefix "The" implies that there is only one. My reasoning behind this is how bad luck and demons seem to follow painters (Vincent Van Gogh, The guy from Ib, etc.)

3. THE MERCHANT AND TRAVELLING MERCHANT

The merchant is an early game NPC who will move in with you if his requirements are met. He will sell various goods to the player. The Travelling Merchant is an NPC who will not move into a house but he will sell exotic goods to the player. However... Where did the Travelling Merchant come from?

(This one will not be in point form.)

The merchant has always referenced the price of dirt overseas. But what's overseas? We never get to cross the ocean completely HOWEVER we can fire projectiles past the boundary which means there is something past there. The pirates help support this as well seeing as they must come from somewhere. (As of 1.3, they bring a flying pirate ship.) There could be some sort of mystical island that we can't get to OR...

It could be the background.

There is so much in the background. Trees! Deserts! Giant cow skeletons! During the slime rain event, you can see slimes falling in the background which means that there IS land back there. I think that there is another race of people in the background that haven't shown themselves... yet.

(This is not meant to be taken seriously. These are some silly theories I came up with.)
higiuv,W,GW;O GRwf ra8of eoa fo8 do8e6tc 7
[DOUBLEPOST=1442387508,1442387471][/DOUBLEPOST]hello peeps

What aren't real are the Martians. Aliens don't exist!
Then how come they're already in game then?
Maybe the guide is the wall of flesh!
Yeah, no leavings there sherlock
Bone Serpents are just a myth.
I don't care about all the photographic evidence and the banners I got from killing them.
They're a myth. They don't exist.
You just debunked your own conspiracy there
The merchant has always referenced the price of dirt overseas. But what's overseas?
It's a joke/reference about prices of common stuff overseas.
Now I'm pretty sure that Mechanic girl got locked in the dungeon because she built the mechanical bosses as weapons, which Skeletron saw as a threat...
Idk how it could be possible. But, I guess it COULD kinda make sense
• V Costa Moura. This is the man or woman who painted most of the paintings obtainable in the game.
FSC already answered this

I know I'm not supposed to take this seriously, but still, I felt like cringing when reading those ones.
Uhh, I think the 2nd part was best for a status, as for the letter-fused 1st post, what?!

Okay, I know this had been said before but here is my first one: The guide is EVIL. He has knowledge of the corruption and crimson biomes, the most evil biomes, and somehow know about a wizard bound up underground! He also know how to make the mechanical boss summoning items! Also: the wizard may have known about the guide and cursed him with the help of the witch doctor, he made voodoo demons which will kill the guide immediately if dropped into lava. After the guide learned of this he bound him up and abolished him to a seperate world and used his evil to make sure that if anyone tried to kill home, they would be sorry (wall of flesh) and that is why, once the wall is destroyed, the wizard returns to his home world. Conspiracy 2: (expanding on the first one) The civilisation that came before you (that went exploring caves, made underground houses and stores things in chests, were sent to hell by the guide, and the remaining few are the NPCs. Conspiracy 3: (yet another expansion) what happened to the clothier? I'll tell you. Moon lord. Skeletron works for the moon lord, and the old man USED to be one of the cultists, but saw the error of his ways, and TRIED to leave, but skeletron, the ruler of the dungeon (therefore the ruler of the cultists) stopped him and cursed him to forever pace the dungeon until skeletron is killed. ( a misconception: Skeletron is NOT the old man. Skeletron is the old mans MASTER. Otherwise the clothier NPC wouldn't exist because he would be dead)

Erm, okay those are my totally plausible and definitely not stupid theories. xD

Last edited:

Hey @gamingchatterbox, looks like you are rather new here, so I'd recommend making a thread here in Introductions. But otherwise, please take a look at the rules; posts like this one being rather off-topic aren't really encouraged. We'd prefer if you said your hellos in your introduction thread, and made sure to discuss the topic at hand when posting in other threads. :)

So here's my theory, it is that every world in terraria is *gasp* A TERRARIUM!

So the reasoning behind this is that world are finite, extremely, even, and the game is called terraria, possibly referencing to the many worlds you'll make (as the plural of terrarium = terraria).

Also it could be that you're not fight the actual moon lord, as a god would oppose himself to a creation, possibly more powerful than him. So he sends in likenesses of him, which are weakened down, and when his creation(the player) deamnds to fight him he actually sends one of his avatars
you're not done yet

So here's my theory, it is that every world in terraria is *gasp* A TERRARIUM!

So the reasoning behind this is that world are finite, extremely, even, and the game is called terraria, possibly referencing to the many worlds you'll make (as the plural of terrarium = terraria).

And you can craft Terrariums.
Terrariception.

Terraria has 8 letters
Terraria has 4 main classes
8x4=32
However, there's also the new Throwing class in 1.3
1 (Throwing class) + 1.3 x 32 ~73
There is a total of 28 bows in the game
73 + 28 = 101
101 is the number made for guides (ie crafting 101)
There is one Guide in Terraria
101 - 1 = 100
However, Guide has 5 letters
100/5 = 20
You sacrifice the Guide to summon the Wall of Flesh
Wall has 4 letters
20 x 4 = 80
Flesh has 5 letters
80 x 5 = 400
Killing the WoF gets you 4 things: Pwnhammer, potions, random drop and money.
400 + 4 = 404
404 means not found
You must not be found to avoid Martian Madnesses
In MMadness you will fight aliens
Since aliens visited Earth long ago, this is not a new planet to them.
This means Earth isn't original.
SDMG isn't original.
SDMG is a upgrade to the Megashark
Megashark is a upgrade to the Minishark
You buy the Minishark from the Arms Dealer
Deal Arms has 8 letters
Hardmode has 8 letters
Hardmode is 2 words
8/2 = 4
You need to fight 3 mechanicals in Hardmode
3 mechanicals
Pro has 3 letters
Pro players know the Water Bolt is awesome
Pro players know the Starfury is awesome
Starfury and Waterbolt have upgrades
Star Wrath and Magical Harp
Wrath is a potion
Harp is a crafting material
You need crafting materials to make potions
You need crafting materials to make the Celestial Sigil
Celestial Sigil summons the Moon Lord
Moon Lord is Cthulhu
In total, Terraria's Cthulhu has 10 eyes
But Terraria's Cthulhu drops 9 weapons
10 eyes- 9 weapons = 1 eye (because 10>9)
The best weapon in those 9 is the Last Prism
A prism is a geometric figure resembling a triangle.
There's 1 eye and a triangle...

HOW COULD WE BE SO BLIND PEOPLE???

TERRARIA IS ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!!!

A prism is a geometric figure resembling a triangle.

I believe the proper term would be "pyramid".
Who built the pyramids? Egyptians.
Who granted the Egyptians the technology to build the pyramids? Aliens from Mercury.
What color is Sailor Mercury's hair? Blue.
What else is blue? The ocean.
Who lives in the ocean? Duke Fishron.
What is Duke Fishron? Part-pig.
What do pigs eat? Truffles.
What color is the Truffle NPC? White.
What else is white? Snow.
Where do we find lots of snow? Russia.
And what is Russia known for? Communism.

THE ILLUMINATI IS SECRETLY LEAD BY JOSEPH STALIN.

The ancient spirits of light and dark were sealed by the Moon Lord. The pillars are in fact the 4 elements (fire, water, earth and air) and were also sealed by the moon lord, the cultists were charged with protecting the final seal which releases the pillars when it is destroyed by the player. In all of this the player is the villain destroying seals and unleashing these ruinous powers upon the world. Finally the Moon Lord himself attempts to stop the player and with his defeat the player becomes unstoppable (end game items remove all challenge from fighting) and the world is doomed.

(Building on the previous theory) Due to her incredible age the Dryad has seen this happen before to the last adventurer to come to Terraria, the guide, who unlike the player was defeated by the Moon Lord and is now tasked with defending the first seal of light and darkness. This is why she encourages the player to purify the world in order to undo the damage they have caused, the pre-existing crimson/corruption is a remanent of the damage done by the guide before his defeat.

The Nurse is evil.

Let me explain.

When is the Nurse spamm-used? Moon Lord battles. Now, the Cultists need lots of money to hire an exterminator to get all the skeletons out of the dungeon (their temple). So, they send six members, five as a sacrifice, and one- the Nurse. After you murder the Cultists, and survive the apocalypse, Moon Lord comes, and you pay the Nurse tons of money. They use magic to revive the five cult member as, rinse and repeat.

What if...The Guide (Original and any after him) are actually DEMONS escaped from the under world? We have no idea where the Guide or the player are from, but it's possible they have some past, as they arrive together in your world (It is possible the Guide was there before you, and you just met.) What if before the player knew the guide, he was one of the under world's many demons, and each time a new guide comes to live in your town, it's an escaped demon? This could explain his vast knowledge of items and the world around you. He can tell you about hard mode items before you should even be able to obtain them, and demons have alot of exposure to those in hardmode as all biomes except ocean touch the under world eventually. Maybe because he escaped, Voodoo dolls were made of him to curse or torture him for this? I don't know, me and a friend were talking once about the guide being a demon and it kinda spiraled off. Another (And more plausible) theory is that the guide is simply your past character, coming to help the new player in their journey with his vast knowledge from his adventure. The question is then...who was HIS guide? Andrew is a possible name for the guide, and if I am not mistaken Andrew is the name of the creator of terraria, Red. He also drops a special hat upon death. Is it possible the first ever guide goes all the way back to Red, and the player he taught went on to teach another, who taught another, who taught another...

xD I generally find the NPCs kinda suspicious at times, and this is what ensues from me thinking too much into it.
Now I'm pretty sure that Mechanic girl got locked in the dungeon because she built the mechanical bosses as weapons, which Skeletron saw as a threat...
Thank you for saving me the twenty minutes I was about to spend explaining why I think the Guide is evil and should have had something to do with the final boss. This is pretty much all I was gonna say.

I have some theories about the guide andthe Wall of Flesh. Why is it the guide needs to be sacrificed to bring about the wall? One theory of mine is that the Wall becomes more powerful with every sacrifice, and the Guide was the last sacrifice needed to bring it to full power. My other theory is a bit deeper. How can the guide know literally every crafting recipe with any material? What if he was a hero in the past, similar to the player? This would explain the voodoo dolls in the underworld. Why would they ONLY make dolls of the guide if he was just an NPC? I think the wall simply doesn't feel comfortable challenging you until the Guide is gone. :indifferent:

I have some theories about the guide andthe Wall of Flesh. Why is it the guide needs to be sacrificed to bring about the wall? One theory of mine is that the Wall becomes more powerful with every sacrifice, and the Guide was the last sacrifice needed to bring it to full power. My other theory is a bit deeper. How can the guide know literally every crafting recipe with any material? What if he was a hero in the past, similar to the player? This would explain the voodoo dolls in the underworld. Why would they ONLY make dolls of the guide if he was just an NPC? I think the wall simply doesn't feel comfortable challenging you until the Guide is gone. :indifferent:

The clothier has a doll too.

Back
Top Bottom