3DS Terraria for Nintendo 3DS is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the zappinator to drop and i am now immortal with it being paired with spectre armor :cool:
Same here, it's super fun. I'd try Ocram with the setup but Suspicious Looking Skulls are so hard to craft I don't think it's worth the effort.

And on a different note, has anybody gotten any Broken Hero Swords? I have had just a single Solar Eclipse, and I killed countless enemies but not a single BHS. What's the drop rate again?

Do you get it every time you defeat Plantera?
I got it the 4th time i killed plantera
[DOUBLEPOST=1450727601,1450727511][/DOUBLEPOST]
Same here, it's super fun. I'd try Ocram with the setup but Suspicious Looking Skulls are so hard to craft I don't think it's worth the effort.

And on a different note, has anybody gotten any Broken Hero Swords? I have had just a single Solar Eclipse, and I killed countless enemies but not a single BHS. What's the drop rate again?
The drop rate is super low like .16% chance for all the unique drops if i remember correctly, i only got a broken bat wing. I want the death scythe :/

OK help me. im replying too much.
better leave some evidence behind.
there! :D

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    264.6 KB · Views: 436
Control wise, is it worth getting on the 3DS?

What all does it have?
The controls are actually pretty good and easy to get used to. It has a couple of bugs but thats a given seeing as how they released it before originally planned but thats nothing updates can't fix. The 3ds version contains all content up to plantera and the pumpkin moon event (frost moon isnt in there for some reason). The worlds are also small in size but for new 3ds owners thatll change in the coming updates. Overall its a pretty solid port.

The controls are actually pretty good and easy to get used to. It has a couple of bugs but thats a given seeing as how they released it before originally planned but thats nothing updates can't fix. The 3ds version contains all content up to plantera and the pumpkin moon event (frost moon isnt in there for some reason). The worlds are also small in size but for new 3ds owners thatll change in the coming updates. Overall its a pretty solid port.
Hmm...

I just bought the PS3 version...Did I make a bad decision, or did I do a good?
I am wondering if I should have gone for the portable platform.

Hmm...

I just bought the PS3 version...Did I make a bad decision, or did I do a good?
I am wondering if I should have gone for the portable platform.
Well it depends on your preference. I bought the 3ds version because i thought it was neat but it still has alot of areas to improve on, whereas console versions are more smooth and more difficult (3ds version was based off the mobile version of terraria in which bosses are way easier). Console version has the edge on challenge, bigger worlds, and it has duke fishron at the moment so i dont believe you made a bad decision, i myself prefer the console versions.:)

Well it depends on your preference. I bought the 3ds version because i thought it was neat but it still has alot of areas to improve on, whereas console versions are more smooth and more difficult (3ds version was based off the mobile version of terraria in which bosses are way easier). Console version has the edge on challenge, bigger worlds, and it has duke fishron at the moment so i dont believe you made a bad decision, i myself prefer the console versions.:)
It is indeed more difficult.

On my first night I swear it was like a whole undead army was after me. I had to hide in a makeshift dirt house until morning, because I wasn't expecting such a powerful force to find me on my first day of creation.

Nonetheless, I surpassed the first trial to mexican food ascendency. Console master race.

Haha
It is indeed more difficult.

On my first night I swear it was like a whole undead army was after me. I had to hide in a makeshift dirt house until morning, because I wasn't expecting such a powerful force to find me on my first day of creation.

Nonetheless, I surpassed the first trial to mexican food ascendency. Console master race.
Haha nice, youll have a blast during the solar eclipse

any news when is the patch for 3DS?..
As of the moment there has been no official word of a specific release date, but it should be really soon seeing as how code glue has already been fixing some bugs as stated in the known bugs and issues thread. The approximate release date given was around the end of january.

If you have no shaders, how can you change character colors? Can 505 Games + CodeGlue find a way to make blocks be shaded this same way??

If you have no shaders, how can you change character colors? Can 505 Games + CodeGlue find a way to make blocks be shaded this same way??

It's not "changing colors" that is the issue...its the method that dyes use in Terraria - "pixel shaders" that are absent on 3DS. There is no way around this....to give you some sense of how far I pushed it, I dove into this with the Re-Logic PC team to try and come up with "an alternative that doesn't use Pixel Shaders". The end result was - in two words - awful looking. So, if Skiphs and Yoraiz0r dove in and their best alternative was something that none of us liked AT ALL....then we had to come to the conclusion that it just wasn't going to be a thing on 3DS - as much as we all hate it. We would rather have no dyes than really crappy looking dyes that everyone would hate. :)

Love this game never played terraria before. also can you send a screen shot of what dyes would look like?

Love this game never played terraria before. also can you send a screen shot of what dyes would look like?

I'll ask if they are ok showing it.

It's pretty ugly. Those pixel shaders really do make all the difference.

Reactions: Wil
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom