"Terraria is a ripoff of Minecraft" comebacks

Christ, I knew it was all a ruse.
[doublepost=1554850775,1554850741][/doublepost]Also, this is kind of off-topic, but do the Lunar Monoliths do anything?

Only to change the background. But getting into the comparison, minecraft has tiers scattered all over the place. Killing a zombie reskin at the same tier gives an endgame weapon.

Exactly, if you want to build then i recommend Minecraft but like said exploration, combat, and game progression are more Terrarias specialties.
Exploration in MC is good too, but it can become a bit repetitive due to limited biomes and the lack of underground content. Still, there always seems to be something new and interesting to find in MC - strongholds, mines, Nether Fortresses or even just odd terrain generation.
Terraria starts to feel a bit samey after a while, especially after 1.3 revamped world generation mechanics. You know there will always be a Jungle, there will be a Temple in it somewhere and a few Hives. That's probably attributable to MC worlds being infinitely larger though - there's only so much you can do with a finite 2D world. That's not to say exploration in Terraria is bad (it isn't); more of a comment that after a while, you know what to expect in Terraria.

You said 100. Also, I need to clarify something:

No, it does not. In Minecraft, the QoL of crafting was devised in the biggest trash-fire of Hell. You have to move every block to every individual spot, and you have to put in more materials in the exact same spot to craft the same items twice, and sometimes you can't even stack past 16 items. In Terraria, all you need to do is walk up to a crafting station with the materials in your inventory and hold RC on what you want to craft if you want multiple. In Minecraft, is takes minutes to craft some things, while in Terraria it takes seconds.
Not to mention trying to work out crafting recipes. Not many of them make sense. Crafting in MC is not a discovery or trial and error process. It's a "minimise the game and check a Wiki" process.

Well the official Terraria Wiki has a list of all items and their ID's which is just 1,2,3, ETC and the highest number on the list is 5078 so i will assume that

Google said 967 for minecraft so Terraria to Minecraft

5078>967
that is a 4111 item difference and Terraria is 5.25 times as large as Minecraft in terms of items.

Minecraft however has around 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 different possible ways a world can generate.
Terraria has .... IDK i could not find someone that answered so i asked it on a question forum and i dont want to wait 6 days to post this so.

So yea, minecraft has bigger worlds and a lot fewr items and Terraria sacrifices that world for more items.

Well to be honest, Minecraft is also 3D so there's an extra dimension which would add to the ways worlds can spawn.

BUT, millions of those are bugged too and are not valid combinations. *Shrug*

Onto the original topic, I really wish people would stop bickering about which game is "better". Saying Terraria is a ripoff of Minecraft is like saying every single JRPG is a ripoff of Final Fantasy or that every First-Person Shooter is a ripoff of Call of Duty. It's silly nonsense.

Two games existing in the same genre don't make them ripoffs of each other, especially not when both games have their own aesthetic, goals, purposes, and such things going on.

Well to be honest, Minecraft is also 3D so there's an extra dimension which would add to the ways worlds can spawn.

BUT, millions of those are bugged too and are not valid combinations. *Shrug*

Onto the original topic, I really wish people would stop bickering about which game is "better". Saying Terraria is a ripoff of Minecraft is like saying every single JRPG is a ripoff of Final Fantasy or that every First-Person Shooter is a ripoff of Call of Duty. It's silly nonsense.

Two games existing in the same genre don't make them ripoffs of each other, especially not when both games have their own aesthetic, goals, purposes, and such things going on.
I laughed so hard at your second comparison.

idk why though, it's just saying something true. I didn't see any comedic value in that post, but it was quite factual.

Also, when I was really little, I saw a Minecraft village that formed inside of a humongous hole, and it was still surface level. So the bottoms stretched all the way down into the cave, which was about 250 blocks deep.

The comedy was intentional. Obviously CoD was not the FPS, nor even anywhere near the best, but it's one of the most brand-recognizable and thought it'd be funny to throw it in there.
I'm not very good at recognizing comedy in text sometimes, especially when there is satire that just seems like a typical situation because of humanity's general stupidity when it comes to FPS games. Sorry...

Someone should just google it, however Doom is the oldest FPS game I've heard of. By the way, has anyone here tried out the new Doom game? My parents won't let me play it. I tried to say that I was 15 and could handle it. However, from gameplay I've seen, my parents are probably right to say that I can't...

Last edited:
Someone should just google it, however Doom is the oldest FPS game I've heard of. By the way, has anyone here tried out the new Doom game? My parents won't let me play it. I tried to say that I was 15 and could handle it. From gameplay I've seen, they're probably right...

You mean the DOOM game with the BFG 9000?
Because if that's the game you're talking about, it depends... Are you sensitive to giant swarms of dead demons? With literal blood rivers flowing down the depths of HFIL?

Back
Top Bottom