Other Literature Terraria Items for the d20 system. (D&D, Pathfinder, etc.)

Update time! Two more flasks, of which I plan to convert all of. After the flasks, I have no idea what will be next so yay.

Flask of Curse Flames

Price 75 gp; Weight 1 lb.

Description
A Flask of Cursed Flames contains a steaming green liquid that can be applied to melee weapons. Weapons coated with this liquid seem to emit a fetid green smoke. Coating a weapon with a Flask of Cursed Flames is a standard action.

A successful melee attack with a weapon coated by a Flask of Cursed Flames deals 2d6 additional damage, half of this damage is fire damage while the other half is profane damage (similar to the spell Flame Strike). A creature struck must make a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid catching flame; the green flames deal 1d6 damage per round (with the same fire and profane split as the initial strike) for 3 rounds. A single coating covers a weapon enough for 5 hits.

Construction Requirements
Skill(s)
Craft (Alchemy) DC 35

Flask of Nanites

Price 150 gp; Weight 1 lb.

Description
A Flask of Nanites contains a thick shiny silver paste that can be applied to melee weapons. Weapons coated with this paste appear to be covered in small, writhing metal bugs. Coating a weapon with a Flask of Nanites is a standard action.

A successful melee attack with a weapon coated by a Flask of Nanites deals no additional damage, but the target must make a DC 15 Fortitude save to avoid becoming Confused for 1 round. This confusion is a mind-affecting effect. A single coating covers a weapon for 5 hits.

Skill(s)
Craft (Alchemy) DC 30

Last edited:
I dont really know m uch bout DnD yet, but wouldnt the flasks be better of treated like poisons? Ergo backfire chance when coating weapons and such... also making someone drink liquid flames sounds like a... uh, fun thing to do. If your character is that cruel.

I dont really know m uch bout DnD yet, but wouldnt the flasks be better of treated like poisons? Ergo backfire chance when coating weapons and such... also making someone drink liquid flames sounds like a... uh, fun thing to do. If your character is that cruel.
I'm treating them more like weapon blanches, look em up fun stuff, so no backfire chance. Also, funnily enough, what happens if you drink Alchemist's Fire is a widely debated thing in the tabletop community.

Problem with poison is that it's usually gone after the first hit. Poisoning weapons is pretty underpowered honestly.

That said, I hope you didn't make this a single-use thing. Maybe 3+ uses? Time limit?

Problem with poison is that it's usually gone after the first hit. Poisoning weapons is pretty underpowered honestly.

That said, I hope you didn't make this a single-use thing. Maybe 3+ uses? Time limit?
I included that in the Flask of Fire and I knew I forgot something when I was making the new ones. Edits coming soon.

Could I suggest something? Or is this all you Matsu?

Edit: I don't know all the details needed, but what I m suggesting is that I start one and fill in everything I know.

Could I suggest something? Or is this all you Matsu?

Edit: I don't know all the details needed, but what I m suggesting is that I start one and fill in everything I know.
So you would fill in the info you know and have me fill in the rest?

/me clears the cobwebs off this thread.

So fun story, for the last few months I had considered this thread finished; I had converted every item I had ideas for to Pathfinder. As time went on and my subconscious had time to percolate I found I had several new ideas for this thread.

I am going to start this revival off with a conversion that I am somewhat on the fence about, I may heavily revise this one. But for now this is how it stands:
Solar Flare Armor

Aura Strong evocation; CL 8th; Weight 50 lbs.; Price 36,000 gp

Description
This set of +3 radiant full plate glows with the radiance of a sun. The armor has an arcane spell failure chance of 35%, a maximum Dexterity bonus of +2, and an armor check penalty of –5. If the wearer of this armor takes damage the armor can burst into flame 5 times per day as an immediate action.

This burst of flame is a 10 ft. radius burst, centered on the wearer of the armor, that deals 2d6+5 fire damage; creatures that take damage from these flames are subject to a Bull Rush attempt due to the intensity of the flames, the CMB for this check is +15.

Craft Magic Arms and Armor, fire shield; Cost 19,000 gp

For Solar I'd suggest an effect similar to Crane Wing
Benefit: When fighting defensively with at least one hand free, you gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC against melee attacks. If a melee attack misses you by 4 or less, you lose this dodge bonus until the beginning of your next turn.
except make it a shield bonus (does not stack with other shield bonuses) and disregard the free hand requirement.
Also, possibly bonuses to charge, or trigger the explosion on a charge.

Back
Top Bottom