Terraria Mobile FAQGreetings Terrarians!
We hope each of you are enjoying Mobile Terraria and are as excited for what we have planned in the months ahead as we are! We also want you all to know that our efforts to stamp out as many bugs as possible continues unabated. That said, we thought that sharing an FAQ based upon the types of issues we often face might be useful for the community. This will very much be a "living" document - one that we plan to make updates to over time. So, consider this as a nice resource to optimize your Mobile Terraria experience. As always, thank you so much for your feedback and support!
Where can I find information, hints, and tips for Terraria?
- Visit our official Facebook page or forum for help on where to find a special item, tips on how to beat bosses and more! Join the community of millions of Terrarians.
- The Official Terraria Wiki is also a fantastic resource: LINK
Where can I find/how do I download Terraria for my mobile device?
Terraria is available for download on the App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore and Windows Phone Store. You can find the mobile version of Terraria you want by clicking on the device icon below:
Please note the game is optimized by platform. Your mobile device will need to support the noted minimum specs for the best playing experience.
What are the minimum system specs?
The minimum system specifications may change with the release of new OS/iOS requirements, mobile devices, and content releases to maintain compatibility. We do our best to keep the minimum system requirements as low as possible so more players can enjoy the game.
- Optimized for iOS 7 and up on iPhone 4, iPod touch 5th gen, iPad 2 or newer devices
- Google Play and Amazon Appstore (Android)
- Optimized for Android OS 3+ and requires 512MB RAM
- Works with Windows Phone 8 and 8.1
How do I ensure the best mobile gaming experience?
- Mobile Terraria is updated frequently with new features (including limited time only holiday content) and continual game improvements.
- To enjoy all this great content, please make sure you update to the latest build version and OS/iOS supported by your mobile device.
My game is loading and running slowly, what should I do?
If your mobile device meets the minimum system requirements but the game is still running slowly, please try the following these steps:
- Close and restart Terraria
- Restart your device.
- Disable other apps running in the background
- Update OS/iOS to prevent compatibility issues.
- Clear the cache of the app
How do I find about the latest fixes on mobile?
We do our best to keep the community updated on fixes we’re working on. The Terraria Community Forum (TCF) is a great resource where we centralize this information.
These two threads are of particular note.
- Critical Fixes (Crashes and other nasty bugs that make the game unplayable)
- Non-Critical Fixes (Bugs that are important and affect the game, but don't make it unplayable)
What controllers are supported?
The MOGA Hero Power and Logitech PowerShell controllers are recommended and supported. However, controllers are not required to play Mobile Terraria. We have adapted the control scheme for touch.
Why am I asked to repurchase the game on the Google Play Store?
Please visit the support link below with step-by-step instructions on how to re-install downloaded apps to new or reset devices without purchasing them again on the Google Play Store. If you can't find an app you previously purchased or you're being asked to purchase an app that you already bought on Google Play, make sure you're signed in to the same account that was used you made the purchase.
For more information, please visit THIS LINK.
Am I able to play with people that have different mobile devices?
Cross-platform play between Android, iOS and Windows Phone devices are supported. All mobile devices must be on the same network and multiplayer version in order to connect to one another. The multiplayer version number can be found at the bottom right of the JOIN screen, when searching for a game.
How can I play with my friends?
To start a multiplayer game, you and your friend(s) will need to be connected to the same network. It is also important that everyone playing together is running the same multiplayer version. Some players have experienced connection issues due to firewall settings (which is typical) that would need to be addressed.
To check if you’re on the same multiplayer version, locate the build number to the bottom right of the JOIN screen when searching for a game.
Last edited by a moderator: