Terraria on Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it...

Redigit got in trouble with Nintendo once due to advertising a Mario Flash Game site that also contains a download for Smbx.

I could see it happening on Wii U but doubt it would happen on 3DS. The specs aren't the greatest. But you never know, they could downscale it to make it work. :)
Looking at the game, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to run on the 3DS as it is now. Of course, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

You program the game to check for DLC/updates on the SD card. Though it may be possible to have it update the catridge in a part that's writable. Considering the max size of a 3DS cart is (I believe) 4 gigs. The average game size is only 2 gigs.

On the 3DS, updates to physical cartridge games are stored on the SD card you have installed in the system. When starting up a cartridge, it will look for updated code and DLC on the SD card, and if it finds any code updates it runs those portions of the game off the SD card rather than the cartridge. Anything that isn't covered by SD card downloads is still run off the cartridge itself.

If you then run the game without the SD card inserted / a new blank SD card, it'll behave as if it had never been patched.

That being said, I almost wonder if they could use that extra cartridge space to essentially hold extra volatile memory, granted it wouldn't be very efficient.

Probably not. Non-volatile storage like cartridges or even flash memory, while still insanely fast compared to spinning hard drives and CDs, is still way slower than RAM. Putting volatile memory in the cartridge would make it ridiculously expensive compared to other cartridge media games.

Also smbx call was just a joke well i think it was a joke and is possible that 505 is working on these ports secretly and they are going to announce them like a surprise

I really don't think they should go through with it unless it's already too late to really drop the concept at this point. They have so many ports of Terraria, that I think it will effect each one's quality. Less time focusing on one, and more time having to work on about five ports. It's just not a good idea, since they will kind of have less time to polish these updates and more so having to get them out.

I really don't think they should go through with it unless it's already too late to really drop the concept at this point. They have so many ports of Terraria, that I think it will effect each one's quality. Less time focusing on one, and more time having to work on about five ports. It's just not a good idea, since they will kind of have less time to polish these updates and more so having to get them out.
Well what if it's a whole separate company from 505? Probably not, but what if?

Well what if it's a whole separate company from 505? Probably not, but what if?

Well, there certainly isn't a different 505, but going into a "what if?" thought, then it could possibly be alright. 505 would still be in a bit over their heads with the ports they have already, but this supposed other company would have time to polish the port. Chances are the PC version, the original, would still be the best of the group since it is the base. But it would be more polished than the other ports thus far. But this isn't the case, and I at least hope they do a good job getting this one out if it is happening.

Hype? Strangely i found that on mobile files
The top part of the screen shows a clip from the 1.1 trailer for Terraria. The bottom screen shows a map that doesn't in anyway resemble what you are standing on on the top screen. Either they are to lazy to do something or its fake.

The top part of the screen shows a clip from the 1.1 trailer for Terraria. The bottom screen shows a map that doesn't in anyway resemble what you are standing on on the top screen. Either they are to lazy to do something or its fake.
That said, the fact that it's on Mobile makes it a little more believable. Codeglue and 505 aren't exactly known for, *ahem*, putting effort into things.

Also, another nitpick on that, the player's face is not seen on the map, meaning it may just be scrolled far away

Nintendo can have all my money. Then the character can be added to Smash Brothers with Shovel Knight and wreck havoc.

Okay, being serious, Terraria can get a lot of exposure and make a 3DS more desirable with handheld, online Terraria. I'm wondering how much it would cost and what the button scheme would be, but with the addition of buttons on the New 3DS it could be possible.

A NEW CHALLENGER APROACHES
The Guide!
or maybe it'd be one of the bosses
Skeletron would be awesome .D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom