Terraria on Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised to not have seen a thread on this sooner! But yes, I am hyped to the max, and I really hope it turns out true!

I can certainly see it working out very well for the 3DS, but $30 is way too much in my opinion, especially considering the PC version always has much more content and it's only $10.

I could see it happening on Wii U but doubt it would happen on 3DS. The specs aren't the greatest. But you never know, they could downscale it to make it work. :)

Even with the downscale though, you'd have to do some major tweaks to keep it from using all of the 3DS's memory. On PC, the game can easily use over 700 MB of system memory. The 3DS only has 128 Mb.

I could see it happening on Wii U but doubt it would happen on 3DS. The specs aren't the greatest. But you never know, they could downscale it to make it work. :)
New 3DS would be the answer to that problem, I could definitely see them making it for the New 3DS but not for regular 3DS, just like Xenoblade 3D.
[DOUBLEPOST=1422074073][/DOUBLEPOST]
Even with the downscale though, you'd have to do some major tweaks to keep it from using all of the 3DS's memory. On PC, the game can easily use over 700 MB of system memory. The 3DS only has 128 Mb.
It would have to be a physical copy only then

New 3DS would be the answer to that problem, I could definitely see them making it for the New 3DS but not for regular 3DS, just like Xenoblade 3D.
It would have to be a physical copy only then

Could be a viable solution. If the game were to come out on the 3DS, I'd play it just to be my own guinea pig.

I want to hope that these ports of Terraria will end up being good, without glitches that break the game in every patch... :sigh:

I've yet to actually play the console versions, but are there really that many game-breaking bugs?

Because you may think the problem with physical copies is "how would it update?" But let's not forget they've already made physical copies updateable somehow... I seriously don't know how they did that though...:confused:

Simple. You program the game to check for DLC/updates on the SD card. Though it may be possible to have it update the catridge in a part that's writable. Considering the max size of a 3DS cart is (I believe) 4 gigs. The average game size is only 2 gigs.

That being said, I almost wonder if they could use that extra cartridge space to essentially hold extra volatile memory, granted it wouldn't be very efficient.

I've yet to actually play the console versions, but are there really that many game-breaking bugs?
Almost every content patch adds some kind of major glitch, and there's dozens of smaller bugs. Most of them don't impact the game too much, but there's so many of them, and it seems like there were plenty of opportunities where they could have been fixed and were not.

I would but i cant 2 consoles and my friends dont understand that wiiU is best and i had to buy ps4 because i actually want to play with friends, but now i cant play smash bros.

Personally, I don't think it'll happen. It could, not saying it can't, but I just don't see it happening, at least not right now.

If Terraria is ported over to the Wii U or (new?) 3DS then I'd be more than happy about getting it; playing terraria on a nintendo handheld sounds like a great experience to me.

Nintendo can have all my money. Then the character can be added to Smash Brothers with Shovel Knight and wreck havoc.

Okay, being serious, Terraria can get a lot of exposure and make a 3DS more desirable with handheld, online Terraria. I'm wondering how much it would cost and what the button scheme would be, but with the addition of buttons on the New 3DS it could be possible.

Hype? Strangely i found that on mobile files

Attachments

• terraria_3ds_mockup3.png
    terraria_3ds_mockup3.png
    553.9 KB · Views: 5,893
OOooh. Has the CC delayed this announcement? I know they don't like putting too many things in the front page at once.
@505Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom