Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
corruption is fine, not that funny as vanilla, but sounds well. I don't like a snow biome, space and crystall cave. When i hear that music i wanna cry (just kidding). Its just boring.
I see, personally I actually like the snow and space music. but I do think that they won't be as memorable as the other original themes. but I'm fine with how they sound like.

Opinions are shared, ey?

The music is just an example of the second biggest reason people are turned off Otherworld. It's overwrought, and a bit overdramatic. Biomes can't just be biomes, they have to have giant strange plants or crystal spikes in the foreground and background. Monsters can't simply be monsters, they need great gnashing teeth and distorted features. Furniture can't just sit and be functional, it has to be twelve feet tall, with great grinding gears and magic lights.

I get that Terraria could have used a little more graphical flair, and that the design was a bit clunky at times (a lot of times), and it all could benefit from a (too) drastic revamp, but OW is overdoing it all over. I'm reminded of Undergarden, Botanicula, and Song of the Deep.

oh, well.
Otherworld is a Spin-off.
so "Vanilla" for the Original wouldn't really fit.
"Classic" maybe. or just call it Terraria. *shrugs*
also, English isn't my Native Language too :p

Precisely why it's a spin off and not actually Terraria 2.

If allows the team to explore things that might be "taboo" in a pure sequel. As such, there will likely be departures from the "formula", or otherwise what is the point of the spin off? ;) In the end, the game will stand on its own.

That said, and as we noted before, nothing is set in stone yet outside of the overall concept of the game. We can and will have things made and reworked until we are happy with the end results. :)

The music is just an example of the second biggest reason people are turned off Otherworld. It's overwrought, and a bit overdramatic. Biomes can't just be biomes, they have to have giant strange plants or crystal spikes in the foreground and background. Monsters can't simply be monsters, they need great gnashing teeth and distorted features. Furniture can't just sit and be functional, it has to be twelve feet tall, with great grinding gears and magic lights.
And if that's not the case then there will be people saying that things are looking way too generic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't look all too exaggerated to me in a way how you describe it.

I have a few ideas for Terraria: Otherworld. Can you add a few?
1. You should make it so you can go to space and explore 3-5 planets and several moons.
2. You could make it so that you can trade materials with a blacksmith or some NPC and you can upgrade your weapons like that.
3. Another thing you could do is make it so you can choose what type of player you want to be when you create the player. Types could be: Gunner, Sword Fighter, Mage, summoner or combinations of them.
4. You can make the tower defense system more complex like after each wave you can choose a modifier for the next wave.
5. Make it so you can draw your own player pixel by pixel.

Please look into these ideas. If you add any of them I will be VERY happy.

another idea
6. Make it so you can name your weapons and armors at a crafting station(or something like that)
also if you add any of my ideas, please add my name to the credits some where.

Last edited:
1. You should make it so you can go to space and explore 3-5 planets and several moons.
2. You could make it so that you can trade materials with a blacksmith or some NPC and you can upgrade your weapons like that.
3. Another thing you could do is make it so you can choose what type of player you want to be when you create the player. Types could be: Gunner, Sword Fighter, Mage, summoner or combinations of them.
4. You can make the tower defense system more complex like after each wave you can choose a modifier for the next wave.

Go play Starbound, it's an expert in bells and whistles.

We should probably all stop necroposting. There are far newer official threads for Terraria Otherworld where any suggestion and what-not are more likely to be seen, and the forum has an area for player suggestions.

We don't have a rule about 'necro-posting' here. If a post addresses the thread topic, it's fine to revive a thread.

Those of you complaining about jamkabob363's posts - there's an 'unwatch thread' button at the top of every page, click it and you will stop getting alerts for new posts here. When new information about T:OW comes along, it will most likely be presented in a new thread.

There is a Suggestion Sub-Forum.
Post any Ideas there please.
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/terraria-otherworld-suggestions-ideas.186/

I don't really mind necro posts. It's already pretty dead here, so it's nice to see some un-death every now and again.
*hollow voice* You caaaalled?
1667878-bigthumbnail.jpg

I'll see myself out.

Spoilers are long overdue on this topic. Maybe they are trying to break their old record of 7 months, then release it? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom