tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

So it seems that sometimes when I leave my world and join back, I seem to fall to my death even while not in air when I leave. This just happened when I was in the crimson on a flat surface underground. When I joined back in it said _____ didn't bounce. Is this a known bug?

I really want an option to disable the screaming and running away while on fire thing. I'm sure it's fine in vanilla terraria but playing with other mods being set on fire constantly is unbelievably annoying. Great mod though, thanks to the config options I love everything else.

Hey i think you should make a option on the .config file where the broadsword ability(charge for a powerfull attack) could be on(true) or off(false) because im using a mod called omniswing and i need it because my laptop's mouse sometimes dosent let me tap one time so i need to double tap it for the command to go,which annoys me while playing terraria. Thanks for hearing my suggestion

Cool mod but it runs really slow with Calamity, Spirit, and Thorium on. I can only play vanilla with a few small mods on with it.

I've got to say some visually odd things about the blood effect:
why does Plantera, a giant plant, bleed? I'd understand green goo to represent chlorophille but...blood...?

Same thing for training dummies: it feels weird to attack an inanimated object and see it spill blood everywhere

I've got to say some visually odd things about the blood effect:
why does Plantera, a giant plant, bleed? I'd understand green goo to represent chlorophille but...blood...?

Same thing for training dummies: it feels weird to attack an inanimated object and see it spill blood everywhere

Same with the destroyer's probes and many other enemies.

Is it just me, or guns seem to deal only the gun damage itself and ignore bullet damage?
EDIT: It seems like they do, trying to fight a boss and my guns do 1-2 damage a bullet.

Last edited:
I really want an option to disable the screaming and running away while on fire thing. I'm sure it's fine in vanilla terraria but playing with other mods being set on fire constantly is unbelievably annoying. Great mod though, thanks to the config options I love everything else.
I think you can, in the config there is a line "enableFireEffects", set that to false.

Could you add more config options please...
sorry, but adding so many config options will at some point just turn this into unbalanced pile of garbage, because i'm trying to make every feature be related to each other.
Swimming is really WIP right now, i'll work on it more soon. Jump height is probably a problem because cloud in a bottle and similiar accessories seem to be affected by vertical speed changes too. I'll try fixing it. As for invincibility frames.. I'll probably try to make all modded boss attacks and projectiles do "vanilla damage", activating invincibility temporarily. Unless mods' devs solve the badness caused by zero invincibility frames and turn that thing off for their mod.

@Mirsario - Is this already fixed in the next update?
yeah, i did what you said, just forgot to tell you.
btw, dud, can i maybe credit you and include your better ambiance textures with the mod? i've been using them since you released them, and i recently launched vanilla.. it looked horrible in comparison.

sryfornopunctuationimverytired
[doublepost=1502302086,1502302058][/doublepost]
I think you can, in the config there is a line "enableFireEffects", set that to false.
that only disables fire shaders. all settings in "clientside" json object don't touch gameplay at all.

@Mirsario Unbalanced? You're saying that like this is a stand alone game that you are the dev for. Yes it is an overhaul but its still just a mod, you really don't need balance for terraria unless we are talking about overpowered weapons that instakill bosses but that's not what this is. Even if we are talking about that it's the players choice to choose how they want to play the game, that's what modding is all about. I'm not asking you to corrupt your mods main content I'm just asking you to let us play the game we want to play it. Like I said this isn't a matter of over powered unbalanced items or armor, this is a matter of preference, I'm asking if you could make it able to re-enable some of the vanilla games mechanics if we prefer them over the new ones such a swimming. I'm sure swimming will become better, but its a bit annoying to update a mod and find out that one of my movement mechanics has altered to that of which I don't prefer and then be told I can't disable it because it would be unbalanced. It's kinda odd to make a mechanic harder then vanilla then say that the vanilla mechanic is unbalanced just because it wasn't as difficult as the other new difficult mechanics in your mod such as the decreased jump height. It's also kinda odd to allow the players to configure some of the features to there preference, but not all of them, and then to say that by giving them that choice to change all of the features will unbalance the game even though you just gave them the choice to configure some of them, but I digress. I love this mod to pieces but like I said I prefer a few of the vanilla mechanics over the new ones and it would be a shame to not be able to use the new mechanics that I love because I would have to give up some of the old mechanics that I prefer. I leave you with that, if its a matter of time management, such as you have to many other new features to work on to have time to add these config options. I'm sure you could find someone on these forums who would help you, this mod has gotten a lot of attention I'm sure lots of modders would love the chance to work with you.

Side note: Brutal Doom, the mod that this one takes after has TONS of options that allow you play the game how you want rather it be difficulty, one of the challenge difficulties, monster spawn options being gradual or top tier the whole way through, being able to play in classic or modern mode, how much health regen you get, the ability to enable of disable vertical aiming. With all these choices do you feel it would be right to limit your mod in so many ways? I don't think so, and I hope you do now as well.

Last edited:
@Mirsario Bug report: I died while fighting the slime king and instead of leaving and letting me respawn he instead proceeded to jump and down against my NPC tower. I was unable to spawn back in so I was stuck on the "you died" screen while watching him try to get it on with my npc tower and since I was stuck on the death screen I was unable to save and quit as you aren't allowed to open the menu while on that screen. As a result I had to Alt f4 and lose all progress that I had made since my last save.

Last edited:
@Mirsario I just got instakilled by a single spiked slime in the slime king fight, got bounced between 2 spike projectiles and had my health drain from full to 0 in 1 second, just goes to show the increased player knock back and the ability to stun enemies wont save you from instakill deaths due to the absence of invulnerability frames, in fact the increased knock back was the reason I was bounced between them fast enough to make my death nearly instant and giving me not a moment to doge roll. I get that you want to make getting ganged up on by multiple enemies more deadly but this was a SINGLE enemy. Getting rid of invulnerability frames is to far even with a doge roll, they where there for a reason, this reason. I'm not saying set them back to vanilla, but none at all is way to much, I understand that the cross necklace restores invulnerability, but you shouldn't have to have to wait until hard mode and waste an accessory slot just to have the most basic of mechanics "I feel as tho if terraria characters had basic human rights, invulnerability frames would be one of them". I mentioned it earlier when I requested for more config options that I could see the no inv frames being an issue with some of the latter bosses that can juggle you but my goodness I didn't expect it to be issue so early in the play through. If you aren't going to give back the inv frames by default you should at least offer it as a config option because I can see the game and some of its bosses becoming unplayable after a certain point.

Last edited:
@Mirsario I hate sounding completely negative like I have no good things to say, but I'm simply trying to give criticisms to help improve the mod so It can become a permanent part of everyone load orders rather than an experimental mod that has awesome features in some places but isn't well developed enough to used for an entire play through, at least not an expert mode one (btw i'm playing revegence mode). I think the mod is rather revolutionary and its incredibly well put together and well developed for a mod that has only been out for a week. There really isn't a feature that I hate, there are some that bug me due to the discomfort of having to deal with unfamiliar mechanics and one that I'm not fond of being the no Inv frames, but other than that this is a phenomenal mod with some serious potential. Side note: i got the rabbits foot and I'm now obsessed with terraria b-hopping" The fire mechanics are awesome, I love how the air fills with smoke and the sky changes it insane, also I've spent all day doing flips during combat even though they are not needed in the situation. The gore is awesome though I am concerned because I use the battle cry item from fargos which increases the spawn rates by 10x and I'm worried it might kill my PC, not really a problem I can just disable the gore if that's the case its more of a concern than an issue. I don't mind the decreased jump height much anymore after having the climbing mechanic down, though the increased gravity is a bother at times not due to speed but rather air control as with the normal gravity its easy to fall straight down while with gravity increase I find myself strafing to the left or right just like portal gun. If you use the portal gun to speed down a hellavator you know what I'm talking about. I can imagine that this gravity is needed for b-hopping and rocket jumping so it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take. I really appreciate the hard work and hope that the mod continues to grow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom