tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Discussion in 'Released' started by Mirsario, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Mirsario

Mirsario Spazmatism

Current version - 3.2.2
    Latest changelog

>>> Overhaul Wiki <<<

[​IMG]

This is a huge mod, which, instead of adding new content to the game, focuses on adding new gameplay mechanics and completely remaking existing ones.
    It remakes guns, magic, player movement, broadswords, shortswords, hammers, chainsaws and other tools, adds seasons, dodgerolls, block climbing, walljumps, wallrolls, atmospheric sounds & footsteps, emotes, a weakness & resistance system, it makes gore ridiculously enjoyable, adds blood on tiles, a fire and an electricity systems, makes a lot of stuff more interactable, enhances enemy ai, completely remakes player rendering, makes trees fall like in starbound, and does a thousand more things i can't even memorize.
    Believe me, it's colossal.

Trailers

Download:
    Features:
    Credits:
    Videos:

Changelogs:
    Known Issues:
    Information for modders:
    Mod Compatibility:
    (Make sure you're running the latest version)
    Frequently Asked Questions:
    Random links:

yis.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  2. Caseratis

Caseratis Terrarian

This is one of the coolest mods I have ever seen so far. Good job on changing how people play Terraria.

Alucard3598 likes this.
  3. Shabidoo

Shabidoo Terrarian

This sounds amazing but without a gore limit wouldn't the game start lagging after an invasion event?

Alucard3598 likes this.
  4. Mirsario

Mirsario Spazmatism

It definitely should not if you're running modless tml at stable enough fps. In case it still does, look at "Configuration" feature, you can disable goreStay

5. Caretaker

Caretaker Terrarian

I assume with all the custom changes to weapons that it's not compatible with any other big content mods? Unless I didn't read if it was / wasn't somewhere. If not is there any plan to try add compatibility to other mods?

6. Mirsario

Mirsario Spazmatism

I didn't test it with other mods too much, but most stuff should work fine, and i'm all for cross compatibility.

7. anddrond

anddrond Terrarian

I seem to be unable to chop down trees with this mod enabled
    I can start and the cracks show up on the tree but eventually the cracks vanish and the tree isn't chopped down.
    However, on SOME trees, i can chop down the little like sides at the bottom.
    I tried with Copper and Stone axes, neither work, and only this mod is enabled
    (EDIT) Nevermind, i can't chop the very bottom part down, only higher parts. Is this intentional?

8. Mirsario

Mirsario Spazmatism

Sorry, forgot to tell, you can't chop down trees straight up by their roots, aim 1 tile higher.
    [​IMG]

Jofairden likes this.
  9. anddrond

anddrond Terrarian

ah, alright i just noticed that, thanks

10. Lithium

Lithium Spazmatism

Okay, this is one of the most incredible mods I've ever seen. But there's one problem.
    All types of platforms can catch fire- even ones like Meteorite, Obsidian, etc. I think this is probably because the game considers them all the same block, but this kind of makes boss arenas awful for certain fire weapons. It's mostly not a problem with Flaming Arrows, but the Flower of Fire completely destroys arenas since it bounces on platforms.
    I'd suggest just making platforms inflammable. It might not make much sense, but I'd consider that better than arenas being easy to completely burn down.
    You could also add a config option to change whether fire even burns anything down at all. Personally, I could do without that whole feature.

Artificial Fa likes this.
  11. Blackmage199

Blackmage199 Terrarian

So, quite the exciting mod, however I'm a bit baffled with these buckets.
    Whenever I use a bucket filled with water, it doesn't use it up, but instead gives me a new empty bucket, resulting in infinite water and bucket generation

Edit: Another thing, when I'm chopping trees the way the mod intends me to, I get a random dirt block given to me.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    LI IVIAD BRO likes this.
  12. Valkyrie Valhalla

Valkyrie Valhalla Dungeon Spirit

H-holy :red:. Rocket Jumping and Bunnyhopping? IN TERRARIA? Dude, this is amazing!

13. jwbraeden

jwbraeden Spazmatism

Tiny complaint. In vanilla if you hold shift over, say, a block, it automatically pulls out your pickaxe even if it's not in your hotbar. And if you hold shift over the air it pulls out torches. Usually once you start using the pickaxe you can't use any other item as long as you're holding down the left mouse button. But now even though I hold down left mouse, if I move the cursor off of a tile and into the air it switches to torches. Meaning I can't mine properly without being forced to use my pickaxe in the hotbar. Again, a very small complaint, but one I think is worth mentioning

ShadowTiger likes this.
  14. Hyero

Hyero Terrarian

Pretty rad

15. Mirsario

Mirsario Spazmatism

Added it to known issues, will fix in next update.

16. Jofairden

Jofairden Golem

Shows a slight discrete sign of appreciation

Hype intensifies...

@blushiemagic @jopojelly our next playthrough is here...

17. Kayo

Kayo Terrarian

I made this account moments ago. I needed to thank the person that put time and effort into this beautiful mod. These additions should've been vanilla. So for all all your effort spent, thank you.

18. Pedguin

Pedguin Terrarian

Great work, holy moly this looks fun!

19. MugetsuYarida

MugetsuYarida Terrarian

oh boy, here I go play modded terraria again!

1saac and Jofairden like this.
  20. ChippyGaming

ChippyGaming Retinazer

That roll made my jaw drop