tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Cross necklace wastes one accessory slot. with no added buffs. (sure, menacing and warding are good, but still don't make up for that accessory slot.)
i quit on this mod because of how hard Boc and skeletron are, boc's minions instakills you and skeletron stunlocks you. beenades are good but you have to kill queen bee to get it...... and her bees instakill once stacked up.
i hope in the future we can get a fix to this and an overhaul (get it) to the sword mechanics.
So It basically becomes vanilla minus one accessory slot? If you're playing in expert you get another slot that you can just use for the necklace, and if you are playing revengence mode like I was you get another one after that. Also I don't think the cross necklace "wastes" an accessory slot, It prevents you from losing HUNDREDS of life in damage in a situation in which you get hit by multiple entities at once, thus becoming one of the greatest defense accessories of all time. I don't see the cross necklace for what it was but rather what it is, which is a great way to stay alive. Your a bit of a "the glass is half empty" kinda guy, but with this mod, being so new without its big update to fix some of the initial problems, you really kind of need to look at the great things that make the mod worth playing an entire play through with. If you have a problem with the BoC, develop a new strategy that will keep the minions away, such as using explosives, a high knock back melee weapon like my friend did, or what I did, go get an arkhalis. This mod will make you change your tactics for some enemies, but that's the whole point, its not impossible, just different, and if you don't like different than this mod was just not for you because everything is different.

PS: Dont get hit by Skeletrons head or you're pretty much dead and the queen be isn't that hard, you and doge roll her charges, up to a certain point, and you can swat all her babies down with grenades or a good melee weapon, in my case Arkhalis. If this mod really made things imposible I wouldn't have been able to clear a revengence mode play through with it enabled. If i can do it, so can you.

PSS: @Mirsario hows that update coming? I had to run from irma so I've been gone for 9 days and I was hopping the update would have been released by the time I got back.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's because of this mod or recipe browser, but whenever I open it some sort of unclosable console appears and doesn't disappear. It mentions this mod so I'm guessing it might be because of this. Great mod though, it got me back into terraria.

It mentions "Calling OverhaulInit for (Mod name)" on every line, for every mod.

I don't know if it's because of this mod or recipe browser, but whenever I open it some sort of unclosable console appears and doesn't disappear. It mentions this mod so I'm guessing it might be because of this. Great mod though, it got me back into terraria.

It mentions "Calling OverhaulInit for (Mod name)" on every line, for every mod.
It opens itself when an error happens, and what you said it mentions isn't one. Post a screenshot.
It's closed with ~ tilde key by the way. May be some numpad key or 2 on some keyboards.
[doublepost=1505487514,1505487291][/doublepost]
So It basically becomes vanilla minus one accessory slot? If you're playing in expert you get another slot that you can just use for the necklace, and if you are playing revengence mode like I was you get another one after that. Also I don't think the cross necklace "wastes" an accessory slot, It prevents you from losing HUNDREDS of life in damage in a situation in which you get hit by multiple entities at once, thus becoming one of the greatest defense accessories of all time. I don't see the cross necklace for what it was but rather what it is, which is a great way to stay alive. Your a bit of a "the glass is half empty" kinda guy, but with this mod, being so new without its big update to fix some of the initial problems, you really kind of need to look at the great things that make the mod worth playing an entire play through with. If you have a problem with the BoC, develop a new strategy that will keep the minions away, such as using explosives, a high knock back melee weapon like my friend did, or what I did, go get an arkhalis. This mod will make you change your tactics for some enemies, but that's the whole point, its not impossible, just different, and if you don't like different than this mod was just not for you because everything is different.

PS: Dont get hit by Skeletrons head or you're pretty much dead and the queen be isn't that hard, you and doge roll her charges, up to a certain point, and you can swat all her babies down with grenades or a good melee weapon, in my case Arkhalis. If this mod really made things imposible I wouldn't have been able to clear a revengence mode play through with it enabled. If i can do it, so can you.
Invincibility frames are readded (but time's lower) for the next update.

PSS: @Mirsario hows that update coming? I had to run from irma so I've been gone for 9 days and I was hopping the update would have been released by the time I got back.
I've been busy and didn't work on it for 2-3 days, but this doesn't matter because my sound engineer friendo is only gonna start working today/soon.
[doublepost=1505487593][/doublepost]
Is there any way to disable the weapon charging system... but still keep the other overhauls... the weapons got me so frustrated when i go on boss fights... I think it would change the mod... but It's good to know
Nope, it's never gonna be toggleable. Post what your frustrations were instead, i might actually change some things.

wait
no speed limit?
does that mean you can/would/could, with mods, be able to go as fast as light with this mod?
edit: and like break terraria if you could?

Last edited:
@Mirsario MAJOR BUG: Numpad can do stuff it shouldn't be able to such as flip time and enable blood moons. I know for a fact that its caused by the overhaul because I tested every mod in my load order and only after disabling the overhaul did the abilities stop, and after re-enabling they returned. I think you left something in that you didn't mean to.

@Mirsario MAJOR BUG: Numpad can do stuff it shouldn't be able to such as flip time and enable blood moons. I know for a fact that its caused by the overhaul because I tested every mod in my load order and only after disabling the overhaul did the abilities stop, and after re-enabling they returned. I think you left something in that you didn't mean to.
Do you have "allowDebug" set to true in config file? It shouldn't work otherwise.
[doublepost=1505550572,1505550483][/doublepost]
wait
no speed limit?
does that mean you can/would/could, with mods, be able to go as fast as light with this mod?
edit: and like break terraria if you could?
Yes, but it requires skill (when you're not abusing bugs of course)

@Mirsario Yep, allow debug was set to true. Its kinda odd because I don't remember changing it, I thought i only changed the screen following the cursor, but It was the problem none the less. Must have changed it thinking it was something else, Thanks for the help.

While the concept is nice and the gameplay looks amazing in the trailer, actually playing it is a mess.

A dodge roll is nice, but there is no room for the extra button. I ended up trying to map it to right click, but that forced me to map the interact button to another key (I picked C), and I could not get used to it at all. The default Left Ctrl button for dodge rolling is terrible placement.

I like that you actually have to think about combat with the need to charge up swings, but the hitbox detection makes no sense. I know I am attacking sideways, but the character is still CLEARLY swinging above his head as well. Why are enemies passing through it? And pushing the character forward when he swings is terrible design, because it sure is fun to be pushed on top of the enemy you are trying to swing at, right?

Moving in the air doesn't feel natural. The mod makes it so that you accelerate while in the air, which makes it way too easy to overshoot jumps and maintain good air control.

The new sound effects do not fit the style of Terraria at all. Fortunately you can turn them off.

I am not sure how hanging off ledges and shortening your jump is supposed to improve the game. It makes jumping more tedious by making you push a button twice instead of just once. Also, why can I not chop down the whole tree, including the stump, with one chop like in the vanilla game?

A few positives are that the dodge roll does feel good (despite it looking more like a dodge cartwheel), I like the invincibility frames when you are attacking (makes the terrible "pushing yourself forward when you swing" gimmick a bit less painful), and zombies lunging at you makes them feel more aggressive which is nice, adds a much welcomed difficulty increase to night time while not feeling cheap.

The spammy combat in the original game isn't that great, but this mod is by no means a good alternative. Great concept, clumsy execution.

@11clock have you completed a play through with it yet? I found that at first I had the same problems you had, you can go back on this page and see my comments being not to far off from what you say now. After readjusting to the new gravity and jump height, I also I threw a fit about the swimming mechanic, everything felt great. It all worked together quite well.

The lunge forward for melee can be a bit annoying, but If you turn on allow debug and press numpad1 you can see the hit boxes for swords aren't boxes, but rather a series of rays that aim in the direction of your cursor, but you could already tell that. If you hit an enemy with more than one of the rays you can generally do more damage then normal, also momentum effects damage as well. If you hit a boss with all the rays and have high momentum you can double or even triple your damage which adds a great new combat tactic, using something like the shield of cthulhu or the counter scarf from calamity to give a devastating charge attack that hits like a truck instead of holding down mouse1 and drifting by them, slowly chipping away damage.

About the sword hitting above only when you aim above is a small price for this mechanic, its also not the most unrealistic thing when compared to vanilla Terraria like guns having bottomless clips, autofire machine gun bows, and floating down instead of accelerating downwards when you fall. All these problems being things that this mod fixed and aim to fix even better in the future and you cant let this minor one slide. Also this mechanic allows you aim straight below you which vanilla wouldn't let you do, also it allows you to swing in one direction while walking in another which not all vanilla swords could do.

Once you get wings and adjust for gravity you will find it hard switch back to vanilla, the acceleration mechanic that allows you to bhop is great, trying to move around in vanilla after having used the new physics is not an easy transition, you wont want to switch back after having bhopped across the surface of your entire world in an over the top fight with a boss.

The only real problems with this mod are with bosses that instakill because of the hit frames and this problem is being fixed in the next update, and some mod weapon bows that rely on high fire rate for their dps being crippled went they are set to the pull mechanic for bows. This problem is only with calamity bows so far, all thorium bows have worked just fine for now, this mistake is the fault of the calamity mod author and can be fixed easily but @Mirsario is a bit busy working on his own mod to have to worry about compatibility with all others and I get that.

There are some minor glitches like grenades not being consumed some times and said grenades not being craftable, the temp fix is to reload the world so they aren't game breaking.

Give it a chance and I think you will learn to like it, though for the most optimized and balance play through, I would recomend playing it by its self or with a few minor mods nothing big like calamity. Have fun.

The bees move so fast that i take dmg from grenades, in calamity one accesory slot really matters in game :p that one slot will be useful for any op accesory. You have to try and move when creepers are swinging and that makes it hard to not kill your self with grenades, the only way the cross necklace saves you is IF you have ovrhaul Dodgerolls are very hard to use as they only work with a certain key, i wish it was just double clicking a direction.

I was mainly confused with how the heck you beat the bosses. Look at the yt vids on overhaul skeletron... it took the guy so long the skeletron became a dungeon guard. Arkhalis is a very risky move as if you miss the bees you are DEAD. I wanted to look at the good parts. But they removed
gore.... and the only things that i felt good about was the bunnyhopping, fire mechanics and throwing overhauls. The rest seems to be (this might sound rude) features that hinder gameplay. The weapon overhauls broke great projectile swords and certain bows.
On my first overhaul playthrough, i got the enchanted sword and gold armor. Still died to boc. On my second playthrough i beat Eow and repeatedly died to skeletron.
On my third playthrough i tried calamity and got good drops from fargo's slime crown glitch. It was literally useless........
Then i removed overhaul and lives happily ever after.
(got to providence which is where im at right now...)
[doublepost=1505708789,1505708408][/doublepost]Also. The climbing feature hinders platforms by a ton, when you need to jump up it, you climb...
Resulting in having less time to move. Another reason why i died at skeletron

Last edited:
I ended up having to build up in the space biome using Meteorite bricks because my stupid wizard would throw fireballs at enemies, and it would ignite the wooden houses, as well as the surrounding terrain.

I couldn't put out the fire because my character was too busy flailing around on fire.

There should be an option to disable firespread, so it only ignites certain tiles, or only breaks whatever flammable thing is directly above it.

I really like this mod, probably the best one ive seen in recent while. :)I do feel like the combat is a bit wonky though at times, especially with the bow and drawing back. Two things that could improve it is 1. Bows no longer having the feature where pulling the bow back for too long resets the drawback time (It gets really frustrating when I'm pulling back for just the right moment, and then just as I'm about to let it snap, it resets and the zombie I was going to head-shot ends up nibbling my giblets.:mad:) and 2. While bows (and maybe guns?) are being held, you can lock onto certain enemies (you could even swap between targets) and concentrate fire on just that enemy. :D It would be a small thing, but it would make aiming less of a hassle. And while your at it, it would be nice if you could modify your new sword combat so that only charged swings make the character move forwards. Its a bit annoying when im trying to swing and move backwards and I keep scooting forwards towards the thing im trying to avoid. Also maybe a more dynamic swimming animation and a slightly easier way to get out of the water. Sorry for the criticism, ;( I hope you see im trying to be constructive here. Thanks for reading! :happy:

Ideas: make weapons that have fast swing speed NOT be affected by the overhaul and overhauled some other way, maybe charging and then having 10 seconds of spam time and dmg bonus?

Keep the climbing, just make it so that you instantly climb up platforms

Make dodgeroll easier to pull off.

Bring back breakable gore

:D

By the way, when can we expect another update to the mod? I'm just asking for a guesstimate. Absolutely no rush, I'm just curious.

I really love and enjoy this mod, it makes the base game so much better, I especially love the gunplay and dodge rolling; however, with mods like Calamity where the higher tier melee weapons almost rely on being able to autoswing (and shoot their projectiles with every swing) the restriction to only firing projectiles on power swings is a tad bit irritating. I would love a way to blacklist weapons or turn off the power attack/no autoswing feature alone, I like the mod too much to be okay with disabling it entirely for certain class builds

Помогите пожалуйста! Что делать? У меня не работает мод TerrariaOverhaul. При загрузке мода выводит ошибку:
upload_2017-9-23_15-11-8.png

Pretty cool mod, but many crashes, errors and lags, here are some pros and contras:
PRO
-More realistic gameplay
-not much bugs
-good concept

NEUTRAL

-harder gameplay

CONTRA
-As i said above much crashes
-Many errors
-Causes low FPS
-Can corrupt worlds after a crash

Back