tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

I tried out the mod and I have to say you managed to make Terraria new for me again. I haven't had so much fun in Terraria combat wise for a long time! Though I do question the Magic Overhaul. By holding down the button I can charge up 3 shots. however this is worse than just me spamming the fire button. I can fire more by just spamming than charging up the 3 shots. Also, Magic already have a universal ammo aka mana system in the game, perhaps let magic be auto fire, like guns?

One last thing, by ticking off No Item Overhaul in the menu, the hearts and mana pick up changes are not reversed to vanilla.

The wav sound file at Sounds/Items/Guns/SSG/BoomstickFire failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadWav(String path, Byte[] bytes)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResourceFromStream(String path, Int32 len, BinaryReader reader)
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.LoadResourceFromStream(String path, Int32 length, BinaryReader reader) in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 945
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TmodFile.Read(LoadedState desiredState, ReadStreamingAsset streamingHandler)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
Inner Exception:
External component has thrown an exception.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)

anyone know how to fix this?

Encountering a repeatable client crash when a jungle biome tree collapses after burning from a lightning storm. PDB output and the file itself. This user post refers to the same bug.
also mhaterraria just crashed when a tree fell due to a forrest fire....
Only mod used is Terraria Overhaul on a dedicated server on the same IP but different PC. My client-crashlog.txt isn't recording the crashes. I've not disabled any features of the mod.
P.S. Thank you for your hard work, your mod has rejuvenated my love for Terraria.

Last edited:
Hey man whenever i try to play multiplayer with your mod i get the message "this server has a client running on the same machine this may cause desync problems". And i get enemies teleporting around whilst trying to fight them, Only happens with this mod and no others, Is there any way i can fix this without using a different computer to host the world?

Hey man whenever i try to play multiplayer with your mod i get the message "this server has a client running on the same machine this may cause desync problems". And i get enemies teleporting around whilst trying to fight them, Only happens with this mod and no others, Is there any way i can fix this without using a different computer to host the world?
Besides messing with cpu priorities (set server process' to very high), i don't know how one'd fix that. Terraria is just terribly programmed.
[doublepost=1528194315,1528194045][/doublepost]
Encountering a repeatable client crash when a jungle biome tree collapses after burning from a lightning storm. PDB output and the file itself. This user post refers to the same bug. Only mod used is Terraria Overhaul on a dedicated server on the same IP but different PC. My client-crashlog.txt isn't recording the crashes. I've not disabled any features of the mod.
P.S. Thank you for your hard work, your mod has rejuvenated my love for Terraria.
Why would you send that pdb stuff? It just lists locations of overhaul's files on my PC.
If you want to get a proper crash stacktrace and get it logged - turn on "Always log exceptions" in tmodloader's settings, then after it crashes again check the log files.

copypasta:

Path to the folder with Logs:
On Windows:
%userprofile%\Documents\My games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\
On Linux:
~/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/TerrariaOverhaul/ or $XDG_DATA_HOME/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/
On Mac:
~/Library/Application support/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/
[doublepost=1528194396][/doublepost]
The wav sound file at Sounds/Items/Guns/SSG/BoomstickFire failed to load
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResourceFromStream(String path, Int32 len, BinaryReader reader)
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.LoadResourceFromStream(String path, Int32 length, BinaryReader reader) in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 945
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TmodFile.Read(LoadedState desiredState, ReadStreamingAsset streamingHandler)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
Inner Exception:
External component has thrown an exception.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)

anyone know how to fix this?
You either didn't had headphones plugged in (XNA is messed up), or that's your game running out of memory.

copypasta:
Here's what you can do if you're getting an OutOfMemoryException:
- If you were reloading mods - don't, instead you should enable the mods you want and manually restart the game.
- Close as many 32-bit programs as possible. This will help even if you have a lot of RAM, because 32-bit memory is weird.
- Use less mods.

Why would you send that pdb stuff? It just lists locations of overhaul's files on my PC.
Sorry, I got confused by this.
Post full stacktraces of crashes. I even included PDBs with the mod, so it logs line numbers.
It's all useless without stacktraces.
Here you go, I actually had enabled the exception logging. A friend caught a jungle tree on fire and as it collapsed crashed us both. Hopefully, this recorded it otherwise I'd be happy to try to repeat it.

Added 269 translation lines
Initialized translations
Silently Caught Exception: Thread was being aborted. at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
at System.Threading.Thread.Abort() at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
at System.Threading.Thread.Abort()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsManagedCallbackHandler.WaitForAsyncOperationToFinish(ManagedCallType& managedCallType, UInt32& managedCallArgs)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.UserAsyncDispatcher.AsyncDispatcherThreadFunction()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I've installed .NET Framework 4.7.2 on the server computer and client and it still crashes. For the time being, I've disabled the fire system.

Last edited:

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-5_15-23-56.png
    upload_2018-6-5_15-23-56.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 218
  • upload_2018-6-5_15-24-12.png
    upload_2018-6-5_15-24-12.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 328
Greetings!

Really awsome mod, made the game totally different for me.

I wanted to ask, tho, if there was any mean to turn off the player rendering of Terraria Overhaul to use WeaponsOUT display?

I tried to turn on the VanillaPlayerRender but it appears to not work. :(

Plus it could be cool to turn off the Overhaul for some categories of items (like keep the guns overhaul on, but turn off the Staff/Spell overhaul).

Thanks!

Hey just wondering, is there a way to disable the feature where magic criticals are disabled while under mana sickness? It massively nerfs the mage class to the point that it's wildly less powerful than the other classes at the same tiers. If there isn't a way to disable it, could you maybe add an option to disable it at some point? or mayhaps even point me in the right direction to go and edit the code to disable it myself?

Other than that this mod is easily the best :red:in mod for Terraria tbh. Thank you for it~

umm...i have an question...would it be possible to make the mod the way that it only makes an overhaul for the vanilla items or that you can make custom overhauls/deactivate them for modded weapons?

Any way to disable the bushes that you have to manually pickaxe instead of just swinging your sword? It's irritating, especially because they spawn too fast

Maybe the rate of mana regenerated can be slightly improved? Even when using a mana regeneration potion, I still find myself running around for 10 seconds or so because I can't do anything, almost making the potion trivial. Yes, the regeneration rate is maxed but the amount regenerated could use a little buffing in my opinion.

Other than that, this is a great mod and I've been enjoying every part of it!

hello, i cant use the mod im getting a crash!.

Code:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TerrariaOverhaul.MethodSwapping.Main_UpdateAudio(Main main)
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Edit: i think i found the problem, i think is tpatcher. when i run the game without it it does work.

Last edited:
So i have a question. Will there be a fix for the accessories not showing on the character? also maybe add weaponsout into the mod too... I'm waiting :D. Anyways AMAZING MOD!

Hey there. Loved your mod. Any chance you'd be willing to modulise it though? It'd be handy to be able to use parts of the mod without using the entire mod (in particular I enjoyed the player movement and roll mechanics). Thanks for the fantastic work!

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to let you know. I'm getting CTDs due to "Begin calls" being made before "End calls" are returning. I'd be happy to post a screenshot if you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom