Terrarians, besides your hotbar tools, what are the things you just carry everywhere?

Xakk

Eye of Cthulhu
We all do it. Potions are a given, safe is a no brainer, maybe the pig as well. But what else do you take with you wherever you go?

For me I keep a stack of every common block handy, stone, dirt, mud, clay, and sand. I figure I'm gonna end up with a stack anyway, might as well have the blocks on hand if I'm gonna need a quick wall or bridge.

No. I have console version, so I don't need to. I can use the D-pad.
Edit: Oh wait, this is about the PC version.

Stack of dirt, "stack" of wood, torches and flare gun. Any platforms are melted back down into their base wood.

I tend to carry both a Magic Mirror and Recall Potions. Recalls are on hotbar and used when I'm in a hurry, Mirror is otherwise used when it's safe.

1.3 made my inventory management a mess. I never have free slots anymore, mostly due to the fact I am horribly addicted to potions.

Magic Mirror/Ice Mirroe/Cell Phone. (I prefer to open the inventory and take it out to use)
A stack of healing potions, Shiny Potions and Battle Potions.
Rod of Discort, Bug Net(sometimes in inventery, sometimes in hotbar)
Pig and Safe
Some wood.

I pretty much always have Glowing Mushrooms, Cell Phone (And Cell Phone Materials), Bottomless Water Bucket, Super Absorbent Sponge, Bug Net on me no matter where I go.

I only take my Cell Phone out to my hotbar when I need to use it.

Torches are another major thing I keep in inventory at all times, I replace them with Cursed/Ichor Torches once they become available.

I bring Gel everywhere because Slimes are very common and you'd keep getting gel no matter what, and I use them along with any type of wood to make more torches as I need them.

My Pickaxe, Hammer, Axe and related tools also (I don't have my tools in my Hotbar because I shift-click to use them)

Before 1.3 introduced the Extra Equipment Slots, I would also carry my Hook, Pet, and Light Pet in my Inventory as well.

Cell phone components, like the GPS and the like.

Hammer of some kind, that I swap into my hotbar when needed.
Bait, at least 1-2 types.
The basic non-biome crates from fishing. (building up stock for when i need what is inside)
Wood, At least 1 type.
Wooden beams, when not in the hotbar.
a few alternate weapons. 2-3.
Slime.
Stars.
Saplings, so if I need to replant trees somewhere.
Stone bricks, I am a builder what would you expect. This is one of the basic things I work with.
Stone & dirt. Always making sure I have at least 1 so I can pick up more. Full stack goes to chest.
Vines or rope, not usually both. That would swap out with my platforms that i have in my hotbar.
cobweb.

That is roughly it unless I am building something, then granted it is a lot of building materials that will fill all empty slots.

I carry a stack of torches and glow sticks, always a max stack. I also carry a fishing rod and some bait.

In my hotbar its all weapons, minions and tools. In my inventory is cell phone, money trough, healing potions. I keep less needed things in the pig to save inventory space, like alternative accessories, and potions you use in boss fights.

Back
Top Bottom