Hot Topic Terrarians, show us your "I must screenshot this" moment

Finding a random enchanted sword and it happened to be Arkhalis instead.
Screenshot_10.png
Screenshot_11.png

So... this was weird.

49DD4EF36C22B9F90ACD4F93EEF75C862657E1B8

If you look just next to me (right under the word "Copper"), you will notice that I am standing next to the corpse of a digger worm.

If you look to my right, you will see a Possessed, and the corpse of a Fritz, and the Corpse of a Butcher, and the Moonphase icon is red, which all says that this is a Solar Eclipse (and the fact it is pitch black at 2:22 PM).

..........what was a Digger Worm doing 172' above the surface during a Solar Eclipse, exactly? You can see from my minimap that I'm nowhere near a cave nor did I enter one right before this screenshot (the vertical anti-corruption shaft to the right is actually blocked off with wood to make sure mobs can't fall in it).

I know it's a sword shrine, but the place is rather weird.

When I saw it while trying to climb there, I was like "what the hell is that?".

So... this was weird.

49DD4EF36C22B9F90ACD4F93EEF75C862657E1B8

If you look just next to me (right under the word "Copper"), you will notice that I am standing next to the corpse of a digger worm.

If you look to my right, you will see a Possessed, and the corpse of a Fritz, and the Corpse of a Butcher, and the Moonphase icon is red, which all says that this is a Solar Eclipse (and the fact it is pitch black at 2:22 PM).

..........what was a Digger Worm doing 172' above the surface during a Solar Eclipse, exactly? You can see from my minimap that I'm nowhere near a cave nor did I enter one right before this screenshot (the vertical anti-corruption shaft to the right is actually blocked off with wood to make sure mobs can't fall in it).
It's not the oddest thing I've seen... during blood moons, Giant Worms and Diggers can occasionally leap up at you from underground, but that's because the blood moon basically increases all spawn rates so I have no idea what that's doing there in an event which only spawns certain types of enemies.

"Giant Worms can surprise new players due to being spawnable even when not Underground."

Directly from the wiki.

"Giant Worms can surprise new players due to being spawnable even when not Underground."

Directly from the wiki.

Well, with ~650 hours in Terraria, I can't really say I'm a "new player" and I've never seen it happen before, Blood Moon, Solar Eclipse, whatever. *shrug*

But ok.

Well, I remember that it DID happen to me once. I thought it was patched, though. RNG can be witty sometimes.

Well, I remember that it DID happen to me once. I thought it was patched, though. RNG can be witty sometimes.

I could understand it happening during Blood Moon, but Solar Eclipse is supposed to override enemy spawns as long as you're on the surface (which I was).

So no enemy should have been spawning, period, other than Eclipse mobs (and I'd assume similar should happen for the Frost/Pumpkin Moons too).

I could understand it happening during Blood Moon, but Solar Eclipse is supposed to override enemy spawns as long as you're on the surface (which I was).

So no enemy should have been spawning, period, other than Eclipse mobs (and I'd assume similar should happen for the Frost/Pumpkin Moons too).
But that might have something to do with the fact they actually spawn underground. As far as I know, Solar Eclipse enemies can't spawn there and if 170 surface is pretty close enough to there and you have big enough resolution, it just might've spawned offscreen for some reason, refering to "Giant Worms can surprise new players due to being spawnable even when not Underground." again.

Also didn't state you are a "new player", just gave a quote from the wiki.

Back
Top Bottom