terraspark boots aren't worth it

It doesn’t protect against On Fire, Cursed Inferno, Ichor, Blackout, Distorted, Obstructed, or Frozen, which are all more important and relevant debuffs than what ankh shield actually blocks.
but the ones it do block are hella annoying

That's true but I mean considering how the ones it doesn't block are annoying too, you only have partial protection.
Personally I like the Ankh Shield most for the knockback immunity, because I'm too lazy to grind for Paladin's Shield and I almost always end up getting all the Ankh Shield components by accident anyway.

And we can add Hand of Creation, Jellyfish Diving Gear, Lavaproof Tackle Bag, Greedy Ring, Chromatic Cloak, Royal Gel, Guide to Plant Fiber Cordage, Mana Flower, and Gravity Globe to its tinkers as well and I'm sure the result will still be considered next to worthless.
Ankh shield and terraspark are worthless, not those accessories (for the most part, there’s a couple bad ones in there like Mana Flower which is completely awful)

mages would like to know your location
Mana flower is actually just bad even if you’re a mage. You can literally just use a hotkey for mana potions and bind it to somewhere as easily accessible as Middle Click which basically means that it’s a wasted accessory slot.
There’s exactly 1 annoying debuff it blocks (Cursed) and the rest of the debuffs are completely irrelevant.

There’s exactly 1 annoying debuff it blocks (Cursed) and the rest of the debuffs are completely irrelevant.
They added Stoned to its immunities at some point which is very useful because I always get marble biomes in the cave path I most often travel.

They added Stoned to its immunities at some point which is very useful because I always get marble biomes in the cave path I most often travel.
Idk why you need to be traveling through caves by the time you have ankh shield tbh. You absolutely have all the hardmode ores and souls you could ever need before you have ankh shield considering how much easier those are to obtain.
Ankh Shield turns Feral Bite into just a 20% damage buff.
That’s only really beneficial if you’re specifically using a bat statue for it, and most statues are incredibly cheesy so many players elect not to use them (unless we want summoning a blue slime and iframing through every boss except moon lord and empress to be the norm lol)

Idk why you need to be traveling through caves by the time you have ankh shield tbh. You absolutely have all the hardmode ores and souls you could ever need before you have ankh shield considering how much easier those are to obtain.
Rod of Discord (I don't like making a farm for it) and cave fishing quests (I don't like trying to make an artificial lake before having the bottomless water bucket).
Also the hardmode ores and souls aren't much easier to obtain than the Ankh Shield. The only component you need to put any amount of effort into obtaining is the Reflective Shades and even then it doesn't take very long.

ankh shield literally removes like 80% of the debuffs you can get
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 3.53.12 PM.png

maybe check the facts next time bud

I also just use the Ancient Horn mount for Hardmode bosses up to Plantera which makes the Terraspark Boots and Ankh Shield and a bunch of other movement accessories such as wings irrelevant but you don't see me calling them worthless.

mages would like to know your location
mana flower is only good with like 2 weapons otherwise it's a wasted accessory slot because the quick mana keybind exists. of course it provides good quality of life but like, just play ranger if you dont want to deal with mana lol
Rod of Discord (I don't like making a farm for it) and cave fishing quests (I don't like trying to make an artificial lake before having the bottomless water bucket).
Also the hardmode ores and souls aren't much easier to obtain than the Ankh Shield. The only component you need to put any amount of effort into obtaining is the Reflective Shades and even then it doesn't take very long.
you can use wet bombs for fishing pools
in my experience vitamins and medicated bandage are hella annoying to get

in my experience vitamins and medicated bandage are hella annoying to get
You can shimmer Armor Polish (which genuinely often clutters up my inventory) to get Vitamins, and you can shimmer Bezoar (which can be obtained from pre-Hardmode enemies) to get Adhesive Bandages.

I also just use the Ancient Horn mount for Hardmode bosses up to Plantera which makes the Terraspark Boots and Ankh Shield and a bunch of other movement accessories such as wings irrelevant but you don't see me calling them worthless.
Ancient Horn is extremely overpowered and highly underrated lol. Terraspark boots are outclassed by amphiboots (which are outclassed by ancient horn but shhhhhhhh) and fairy boots, while ankh shield is just not worth an accessory slot because it does literally nothing most of the time you have it equipped (except for the knockback immunity which is marginal protection at best and provided by a trillion other things).
Actually the best use for ankh shield is using it with loadout swap as then the accessory slot cost is mostly mitigated, this doesn’t work with the Stoned debuff but that’s a rare debuff anyway.
So basically your only defense for it is playstyle at this point rather than actual viability.
Let me ask you this: if someone really really really likes cobalt armor does that mean cobalt armor is good?
Also several natural lakes exist in most biomes including underground which are often big enough to cap out fishing power anyway.

So basically your only defense for it is playstyle at this point rather than actual viability.
Let me ask you this: if someone really really really likes cobalt armor does that mean cobalt armor is good?
Also several natural lakes exist in most biomes including underground which are often big enough to cap out fishing power anyway.
If you're saying playstyle doesn't matter when it comes to viability, then most main DPS type magic weapons are pointless and don't need to exist. But Cobalt armor can be obtained at the exact same stage of progression as other armor sets that do the exact same thing but better. Ankh Shield has the unique effect of giving several status immunities, which nothing else really does, and can also be obtained right at the beginning of Hardmode (and nobody seems to pay any attention to how easy it is to get it using Shimmer). Plus it's an extra 4 defense. It's not really the same; even if it's a bad niche, it's still a niche that nothing else fills.

And as you said even if it does feel like a waste of an accessory slot, you can still have what's basically the same status immunity without actually equipping it if you keep it in your inventory and swap it in when you get a debuff. So in that case it's basically free debuff immunity for no opportunity cost.

I'm not trying to say these items are good in the sense that they're must-have items or are the meta or that they don't deserve a buff. In my opinion it's a boring and uncreative idea that the only buff they need would be to tinker them with some overused item or give them extremely high stats to outshine some other accessory.
They're designed to be utility items and I think if they were to be buffed, it should lean into that aspect of them more. If people don't like them they can just choose not to use them. If I were to buff the Terraspark Boots, I would give them some extensive degree of trap immunity and permanent water and lava breathing (lava shark does both and is easier to obtain so it seems dumb that other things don't). As for the Ankh Shield, I would just add more debuff immunities because the fact that you can use it whenever you want to erase any current ones is already pretty powerful in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom