Tool TExtract - Extract Terraria's images, sound effects and music!

I must be the only mac user here.

Even though the file exists, this happens. (With every song no less)
(.JAR Version)
03:30 INFO: Extracting files from Wave Bank.xwb/
03:30 TRACE: Parsing XWB file header
03:31 TRACE: Extracting 01_OverworldNight
03:33 ERROR: An error occured when executing ffmpeg
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "ffmpeg": error=2, No such file or directory
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at Y.a(Unknown Source)
at af.a(Unknown Source)
at L.a(Unknown Source)
at L.a(Unknown Source)
at Q.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:248)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:134)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
... 5 more

Additionally, the Fonts Folder turns up empty even though it says that it extracted them.

If you need the log, I will provide it. :dryadsmile:

I must be the only mac user here.

Even though the file exists, this happens. (With every song no less)
(.JAR Version)
03:30 INFO: Extracting files from Wave Bank.xwb/
03:30 TRACE: Parsing XWB file header
03:31 TRACE: Extracting 01_OverworldNight
03:33 ERROR: An error occured when executing ffmpeg
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "ffmpeg": error=2, No such file or directory
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at Y.a(Unknown Source)
at af.a(Unknown Source)
at L.a(Unknown Source)
at L.a(Unknown Source)
at Q.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:248)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:134)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
... 5 more

Additionally, the Fonts Folder turns up empty even though it says that it extracted them.

If you need the log, I will provide it. :dryadsmile:

The error doesn't prevent the program from running, right? Ffmpeg is required for extracting the music on non-Windows operating systems.
Fonts are not supposed to be extracted, though a Fonts/ directory is created; I'll fix that in the next update. I'll also look into getting rid of the
ffmpeg requirement.

The error doesn't prevent the program from running, right? Ffmpeg is required for extracting the music on non-Windows operating systems.
Fonts are not supposed to be extracted, though a Fonts/ directory is created; I'll fix that in the next update. I'll also look into getting rid of the
ffmpeg requirement.
Nope, works well with sounds and images (Though some may be invisible, but that's not major)

Do I need to do anything special with Ffmpeg to get it to work?...

Nope, works well with sounds and images (Though some may be invisible, but that's not major))

Do I need to do anything special with Ffmpeg to get it to work?...
What images are transparent? If they are not supposed to be so, it's definitely major.

The easiest option for installing ffmpeg is probably by using Homebrew as described in this guide: http://www.renevolution.com/how-to-install-ffmpeg-on-mac-os-x/, but I think it's a better option to use a Windows installation if possible.

Some I've noticed are
164, 177, 178, 187, 188, 255, 260, 289-299
309, 356-357, 406, 419-422, 433, 434, 441,
453, 466, 476, 521, 522, 524, 526, 572, 580, 581,
587, 594, 608, 619, 620, 622, 624, 629
Cursor_11, Cursor_12
EDIT : Tiles_374 and 375 are also transparent.

I'm not entirely sure if these are supposed to be transparent or not, though. :c

Last edited:
Some I've noticed are
164, 177, 178, 187, 188, 255, 260, 289-299
309, 356-357, 406, 419-422, 433, 434, 441,
453, 466, 476, 521, 522, 524, 526, 572, 580, 581,
587, 594, 608, 619, 620, 622, 624, 629
Cursor_11, Cursor_12

I'm not entirely sure if these are supposed to be transparent or not, though. :c
All right, I'll look into this later.

Ok, So I've downloaded this to replace all the music. Now that I have done that, how exactly do I get my music into the game? I have no idea how to make a .xwb file or anything ( im a noob to this stuff xD )

Ok, So I've downloaded this to replace all the music. Now that I have done that, how exactly do I get my music into the game? I have no idea how to make a .xwb file or anything ( im a noob to this stuff xD )
You'll need XACT from the XNA Game Studio. Here is an ancient thread from Terraia Online that
describes how to do it: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/how-to-custom-soundtracks.21951/.
The only thing that is different from the time it was written is that new music tracks have been
introduced. TExtract adds some descriptive names to the extracted music tracks, with the number
of the track before the name, so it shouldn't be too difficult to put them back in. Haven't tried it myself, though.

You'll need XACT from the XNA Game Studio. Here is an ancient thread from Terraia Online that
describes how to do it: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/how-to-custom-soundtracks.21951/.
The only thing that is different from the time it was written is that new music tracks have been
introduced. TExtract adds some descriptive names to the extracted music tracks, with the number
of the track before the name, so it shouldn't be too difficult to put them back in. Haven't tried it myself, though.
Lol, I tried all day yesterday to get that to install and for some reason it just won't install for me. Idk if it is cause I'm on Windows 8 or what. But thanks! I will certainly keep trying but my patience is running low with it xD

I wonder how legal that is, considering you can buy the soundtrack..
Well, redistribution of tracks in the vanilla wavebank might not be permitted. The fact that the soundtrack is sold separately shouldn't make any difference.
I'd say that hardly any of the current wavebanks on the forum are 100% legal, as they are redistributing copyrighted work, even if it's not owned by Re-Logic.

Version 1.6.0 has been released; this update adds support for Linux/Mac and fixes various issues.

Reactions: Qw2
Back
Top Bottom