Texture Pack Texture a day pack

There wasn't any adamantite stuff done as far as I can tell, so I went ahead and played around with some ideas for the sword, with sci-fi theme as base:
IqDzZFo.png

eowyEe1.png
(Red metal on handles instead of silver, kinda like it)
ZLMiUTM.png

Now that I look at them, they look small in comparison to some other stuff around here.
Nice, but I must point some things out.
First, why are the edges of the swords made of some steel-ish material? There is no point in making a weapon out of a specific material and using some weaker metal on the sharp part. The edge must be red. And overall you used too much steel, instead of adamantite.
Second, you should always take the original sword image and paint over it, because if the sprite isn't the same size as the original, its hitbox (size) won't match, and we can't use it. So always use the original resolution for melle weapons. (I just checked and the weapon is a little bit smaller than it should be, but the difference is a few pixels, so there is no major problem.)
The style is not bad, we were going to go for a mechanical look, and that seems to fit just nicely.

First, why are the edges of the swords made of some steel-ish material? There is no point in making a weapon out of a specific material and using some weaker metal on the sharp part. The edge must be red. And overall you used too much steel, instead of adamantite.
First off, you'll notice that the cutting edges of all vanilla Adamantite items are white. ( I do agree that there is too much steel, however.) Second, could you invert the parts that are Steel and Adamantite? That is to say, could you make the gray parts red, and vice versa?

EoY0W9y.png
gr6r8Xl.png

In the second version I reduced the size of that spike and I like it a hell lot better, it was too enormous is comparison with the blade.
Item_1199.png
Item_1200.png
Item_1224.png
Item_1216.png
Item_1215.png

Yep, looks awesome
Swapped the grey for cyan on contact surfaces (and helmets) since you guys seem to think it's important.

Imo, titanium weapons should look shinier and sharper.
Why? We are dealing with magic. I think all weapons should look sharper and shinier.

Also, about the metal cylinder shading, I know it and I've already done it on the metal part of the handle, as you can see in the first version of the axe.
mrfoxsmile.png
Nevermind then.

Nice, but I must point some things out.
If the colors are swapped it'll be the other way around.
mrfoxgrin.png

Second, you should always take the original sword image and paint over it, because if the sprite isn't the same size as the original, its hitbox (size) won't match, and we can't use it. So always use the original resolution for melle weapons. (I just checked and the weapon is a little bit smaller than it should be, but the difference is a few pixels, so there is no major problem.)
The size can be easily fixed.

The style is not bad, we were going to go for a mechanical look, and that seems to fit just nicely.
Hell yeah, it does...

First off, you'll notice that the cutting edges of all vanilla Adamantite items are white. ( I do agree that there is too much steel, however.) Second, could you invert the parts that are Steel and Adamantite? That is to say, could you make the gray parts red, and vice versa?
mrfoxsmile.png
I (or @Tikaro) could invert it, but as a proof of concept it works wonderously. In fact, I'm pretty sure I can use the other swords as a glaive head, thereby killing two birds with one stone. in fact the first sword could easily be converted into the fishing rod thingie. None of these ought to go to waste...

There wasn't any adamantite stuff done as far as I can tell, so I went ahead and played around with some ideas for the sword, with sci-fi theme as base:
IqDzZFo.png

eowyEe1.png
(Red metal on handles instead of silver, kinda like it)
ZLMiUTM.png

Now that I look at them, they look small in comparison to some other stuff around here.

mrfoxwtf.png
Soooooo goooooood...

I wonder what you were thinking today...
Why is fox not replying? What is taking him so long? He is looking at the thread, so why doesn't he say anything?

Well, the truth is that I felt embarassed by you and @Blood Raven 's work meanwhile having very little to show it in return. So I waited with a reply until I produced something worthwhile.

Finally some work:
Stingers.gif

mrfoxgrin.png
Good job, everyone. These are some gorgeous sprites.

Happy to hear that these will be of use. I was initially of the mindset that only one would be used since all of them are basically different iterations of the same thing.

It indeed makes a lot more sense to use red for the cutting parts. However, I've tried just switching steel and adamantite parts (which didn't work very well), and came to the conclusion that still having some steel parts for contrast is the best choice:
TgwC1P7.png
HT5gZDg.png
xgaGSmd.png

I will fiddle around with the last one a bit more, it seems to have too much red in it.
Ah, also, I did make them fit the original 48x48 sword, so that shouldn't be a problem now.

I have to say, those hornets look flipping sweet.

View attachment 52427 View attachment 52428 View attachment 52431 View attachment 52430 View attachment 52429
Yep, looks awesome
Swapped the grey for cyan on contact surfaces (and helmets) since you guys seem to think it's important.

Why? We are dealing with magic. I think all weapons should look sharper and shinier.

View attachment 52433 Nevermind then.

If the colors are swapped it'll be the other way around. View attachment 52432

The size can be easily fixed.

Hell yeah, it does...

View attachment 52433 I (or @Tikaro) could invert it, but as a proof of concept it works wonderously. In fact, I'm pretty sure I can use the other swords as a glaive head, thereby killing two birds with one stone. in fact the first sword could easily be converted into the fishing rod thingie. None of these ought to go to waste...

View attachment 52434 Soooooo goooooood...

I wonder what you were thinking today...
Why is fox not replying? What is taking him so long? He is looking at the thread, so why doesn't he say anything?

Well, the truth is that I felt embarassed by you and @Blood Raven 's work meanwhile having very little to show it in return. So I waited with a reply until I produced something worthwhile.

Finally some work:
View attachment 52435

View attachment 52432 Good job, everyone. These are some gorgeous sprites.
I'm not sure I like those cyan blades, they look like plastic or something... Thus the main material is titan (the steel-ish white material), not the cyan gems...

Awesome hornets bro! Time for queen bee? :D

Happy to hear that these will be of use. I was initially of the mindset that only one would be used since all of them are basically different iterations of the same thing.

It indeed makes a lot more sense to use red for the cutting parts. However, I've tried just switching steel and adamantite parts (which didn't work very well), and came to the conclusion that still having some steel parts for contrast is the best choice:
TgwC1P7.png
HT5gZDg.png
xgaGSmd.png

I will fiddle around with the last one a bit more, it seems to have too much red in it.
Ah, also, I did make them fit the original 48x48 sword, so that shouldn't be a problem now.

Okay, okay guys. I take my words back, colored blades look weird (to say atleast)... That goes for the cyan titanium blades aswell. It was awesome with the white edges, maybe you could use more red on the back of the blade, like the red part of THIS (yep that is my model ^^)

I actually prefer the ones that have the steel(?) as the blade part in Adamantite...

IqDzZFo.png
My favorite is the middle one from this row. Maybe adding more red to it wouldn't hurt, though.
Yup, agreed. And the middle one kicks :red:. The left one is not bad too, but the right one is kinda meh.

Sorry I :red:ed up so bad :/

EDIT:
rwgzeYR.png

A titanium bar from me. Nothing special :p

Last edited:
Which makes them perfect for a set.
I would be extatic if you'd try to sprite the rest of the set.

TgwC1P7.png
HT5gZDg.png
xgaGSmd.png

latest

mrfoxsmile.png
It's uncanny...

Just kidding. The originals were great on their own. They just look sharper, cleaner...

No need. I'll take it from here.
(...he says as he drives the gurney towards the Frankenstein's lab...)

Wunderbar!

Thank you very much.

I actually prefer the ones that have the steel(?) as the blade part in Adamantite...

IqDzZFo.png
My favorite is the middle one from this row. Maybe adding more red to it wouldn't hurt, though.
My thoughts precisely.

I'm not sure I like those cyan blades, they look like plastic or something... Thus the main material is titan (the steel-ish white material), not the cyan gems...
Don't get too hung up on colors. Cobalt can be red, orichalcum is actually orange and most others are silvery grey...
That's why we post these here first so that we know what looks best.

Awesome hornets bro! Time for queen bee? :D
Not yet. No good ideas so far, but the small bees... definitely.

Okay, okay guys. I take my words back, colored blades look weird (to say atleast)... That goes for the cyan titanium blades aswell. It was awesome with the white edges, maybe you could use more red on the back of the blade, like the red part of THIS (yep that is my model ^^)
Yah. Small changes to make the red more prominent and we're golden (silver).

Yup, agreed. And the middle one kicks :red:. The left one is not bad too, but the right one is kinda meh.

Sorry I :red:ed up so bad :/
Actually they are all perfect. The middle one is the crowd (and my) favourite, the right one is just begging to be stuck on a long shaft (fortunately glaive is a horribly nondescript type of weapon) and the left is a fishing rod waiting to happen. They fit like a glove.

EDIT:
rwgzeYR.png

A titanium bar from me. Nothing special :p
We already have a lot of bars with "ribs" across them. I'll think of something. Maybe put the gems in?

IqDzZFo.png

I do also like the original palette more, but there was no other way to know for sure other than trying the red one out. C:

Which makes them perfect for a set.
I would be extatic if you'd try to sprite the rest of the set.
This is exactly what I'm going to do.

It's uncanny...
Just kidding. The originals were great on their own. They just look sharper, cleaner...
Coincidentally, that was one of my favorite weapons in that game (that and the dope tiberium flamethrower thing).

No need. I'll take it from here.
(...he says as he drives the gurney towards the Frankenstein's lab...)
Okay, their fate is in you hands now. I'm gonna shift my focus to other parts of the set (axe will probably be next, I have some ideas for it already)

EDIT: Okay I might be up to something with these axes:
tSscjT6.png
iVNrEW1.png
Aq5Gt0f.png

Last edited:
I do also like the original palette more, but there was no other way to know for sure other than trying the red one out. C:
Yep. There is no substitute for empiric evidence.

Coincidentally, that was one of my favorite weapons in that game (that and the dope tiberium flamethrower thing).
mrfoxgrin.png
Same here. It just did everything right. Right look, feel, damage, sound...
This is exactly what I'm going to do.
Okay, their fate is in you hands now. I'm gonna shift my focus to other parts of the set (axe will probably be next, I have some ideas for it already)
tSscjT6.png
iVNrEW1.png
Aq5Gt0f.png

The style is a bit different, but I'm still pretty sure I can alter it to fit the swords'.
This is what I have so far:

Projectile_66.png

Item_482.png

Item_2295.png
(yeah, this is the left sword...
mrfoxgrin.png
...did I mention I am really good at mangling sprites?)

Last edited:
T4u2ojy.png

A wild Cobalt Repeater appeared!
Cobalt repeater used rapid shooting.
It was super effective!

9s7Bdrq.png

An undithered version aswell (because I know you're not a fan of dithering :p)
Hope I nailed the Chu-Ko-Nu look. :)

Don't get too hung up on colors. Cobalt can be red, orichalcum is actually orange and most others are silvery grey...
That's why we post these here first so that we know what looks best.
I don't think you got what I meant. The cyan blades actually look horrible, if it was a good-looking cyan blade it would be okay, but it just looks off. I suggest you switch the colors back. That's just my opinion though...

We already have a lot of bars with "ribs" across them. I'll think of something. Maybe put the gems in?
I'll fiddle around with it a bit more. :)

tSscjT6.png
iVNrEW1.png
Aq5Gt0f.png
Daaaayum dude! Those are some sexy axes! I like the blade and handle of the middle one, the back (the other side of the blade) of the first one. The third one is still kinda meh. Some engineering might be needed :p

index.php

index.php

index.php
(yeah, this is the left sword...
index.php
...did I mention I am really good at mangling sprites?)
Wow, is that the mechanic's rod? Awesome!
I must say though, I like his red color scheme (the desaturated one) more. Your looks like it's almost radiating some kind of reddish energy, it's that saturated.
Also, add some stuff along the glaive's handle, it looks kinda empty now...

Last edited:
T4u2ojy.png

A wild Cobalt Repeater appeared!
Cobalt repeater used rapid shooting.
It was super effective!

9s7Bdrq.png
*Throws pokeball*

An undithered version aswell (because I know you're not a fan of dithering :p).
Actually I am. It just doesn't always fit the theme.
Hope I nailed the Chu-Ko-Nu look. :).
Yuuup. Looks awesome.

I don't think you got what I meant. The cyan blades actually look horrible, if it was a good-looking cyan blade it would be okay, but it just looks off. I suggest you switch the colors back. That's just my opinion though...
I disagree, but I always preffered grey contact surfaces so it's a win-win for me.

I'll fiddle around with it a bit more. :).
I can't imagine how you would improve it in any significant way. But it's your show.

Wow, is that the mechanic's rod? Awesome!
Glad you like it.

I must say though, I like his red color scheme (the desaturated one) more. Your looks like it's almost radiating some kind of reddish energy, it's that saturated.
I prefer the deep red look. And it will help tell it apart from crimtane gear.

Also, add some stuff along the glaive's handle, it looks kinda empty now...
Can do.

Those look really good! I would want the Minishark and Megashark to stay sharks, though.
mrfoxlaugh.png
They did stay sharks.
But they got turned into shark shaped guns, rather than having a fish grafted onto it for some reason...

Oh, sorry about that :p.
Don't worry about it. You like the guns, that's what's important. Thank you.

Still, just sharing my thoughts!
mrfoxsmile.png
You are welcome to do that anytime.

PSA:
My motherboard fell victim to the curse of the TaDPack. I'm currently working on finding a replacement, but until then, don't expect much from me. Hopefully, I'll be back early June.

In the meantime, don't hurt yourself with these:

Item_1224.png
Item_993.png
Projectile_397.png
Item_406.png
Projectile_66.png
Projectile_218.png

Last edited:
*Throws pokeball*

Actually I am. It just doesn't always fit the theme.

Yuuup. Looks awesome.

I disagree, but I always preffered grey contact surfaces so it's a win-win for me.

I can't imagine how you would improve it in any significant way. But it's your show.

Glad you like it.

I prefer the deep red look. And it will help tell it apart from crimtane gear.

Can do.

View attachment 53149 They did stay sharks.
But they got turned into shark shaped guns, rather than having a fish grafted onto it for some reason...

Don't worry about it. You like the guns, that's what's important. Thank you.

View attachment 53150 You are welcome to do that anytime.

PSA:
My motherboard fell victim to the curse of the TaDPack. I'm currently working on finding a replacement, but until then, don't expect much from me. Hopefully, I'll be back early June.

In the meantime, don't hurt yourself with these:

View attachment 53300 View attachment 53299 View attachment 53298View attachment 53296 View attachment 53297
Sorry to hear about your motherboard dude. If you're going to change it, if it is the from the same provider there is a chance that you will not need to reinstall your OS. Good luck!

Dayum, those look awesome! Love that flag on the titanium trident. Btw, what is that little blue thing supposed to be?

Sorry to hear about your motherboard dude. If you're going to change it, if it is the from the same provider there is a chance that you will not need to reinstall your OS. Good luck!

Dayum, those look awesome! Love that flag on the titanium trident. Btw, what is that little blue thing supposed to be?
It's name is projectile 397, so it's probably this
Projectile_397.png

I was wondering how many sprites you guys have completed?

Unlikely. The computer already was a backup of a backup, my original computer having died two years ago. (don't worry, I have two more backups, just in case). In fact, it is ancient. (as in over a decade old) I have used all my IT training to stretch its limits, but it has reached them and the constant power outages on the dorm has pretty much wasted the motherboard. I was just hoping it would keep working until I get myself a new one.

But since I will spend my summer in around hospitals, I won't have time to get a part time job (my current contract ends at the end of June and my next one starts in September) and get the money for it. On the bright side I will have a lot of time to sprite until the hole in my stomach heals.

At any rate I have enough sense to back up my work on several devices, so there is never more than a week of work lost in case something happens. Right now I'm trying to get the same motherboard (but since its old, it's proving to be difficult). And making plans to build a budget machine (which will probably be more likely, but also time and cash-consuming).

A potato masher. It's a sticky grenade. I would have made an actual sticky grenade, but nobody would recognize them. (They were peculiar devices that were REALLY dangerous to the person using them.)

I was wondering how many sprites you guys have completed?
Over 1100. At least those that a ready for release. most likely around 100 more in various states of completness.

I used one of your older axe heads to make the pick:
Item_1202.png

And molotov cocktail for the cheapskates among you who can't afford grenades.
Item_2590.png
Projectile_399.png

I couldn't not upload these:
mrfoxsmile.png
Cutest money ever.

Projectile_411.png
Projectile_412.png
Projectile_413.png
Projectile_414.png

Last edited:
Awwwww, I liked the blue bladed Titanium weapons. Would there be any way to add some more blue back to the current ones? Or possibly just keep the blue blade variants as an alt download?

Quick question too;

MiniShark
-tan / beige
-large bodied gun
-sub-machine-gun barrel

MegaShark
-pale maroon
-small bodied gun
-minigun barrels

Because if its the opposite, I'm very confused.

Last edited:
I used one of your older axe heads to make the pick:
index.php
Sweet, nice to see that alternate axe wasn't for nothing :p

And molotov cocktail for the cheapskates among you who can't afford grenades.
index.php
index.php
Those look so awesome! Good job!

I couldn't not upload these:
index.php
Cutest money ever.

index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
These sure do look cute, but I liked the details on the single-coin ones. I had an idea before if we had coins as coin piles, it would add some effect when coins are dropped on a pile, instead of 68 silver to be a single coin with a number beside it. Dem cute coins though :p

Awwwww, I liked the blue bladed Titanium weapons. Would there be any way to add some more blue back to the current ones? Or possibly just keep the blue blade variants as an alt download?
Well, alternate variants would be the best option I guess...
Quick question too;

MiniShark
-tan / beige
-large bodied gun
-sub-machine-gun barrel

MegaShark
-pale maroon
-small bodied gun
-minigun barrels

Yeah, that puzzled me aswell, why is the megashark smaller than the minishark? Still, that megashark barrel emits awesomeness (and probably bullets)

You can download them from the page, can't you?

MiniShark
-tan / beige
-large bodied gun
-sub-machine-gun barrel
Yes, even though I went for a carbine / assault rifle instead.
Something XM8 looking.

MegaShark
-pale maroon
-small bodied gun
-minigun barrels
Pretty much, yes, although I would not call it small bodied by any means.
If you consider the barrel assembly to be round, then it's a pretty wide gun (which you, of course, cannot see). Not to mention the ammo barrel would make this really damn heavy.

Yeah, that puzzled me aswell, why is the megashark smaller than the minishark? Still, that megashark barrel emits awesomeness (and probably bullets)
It's mostly a matter of perspective. Since all guns are held the same way, I can't really simulate how you ought to carry a minigun. (or at least how you would if it were possible) I can't make it bigger either, because it would look derpy.

This is a shortened minishark compared to the megashark.
Better?

Item_98.png

Item_533.png

Sweet, nice to see that alternate axe wasn't for nothing :p
I'm not one to waste good sprites.
mrfoxgrin.png
Especially if that means less work for me.

These sure do look cute, but I liked the details on the single-coin ones. I had an idea before if we had coins as coin piles, it would add some effect when coins are dropped on a pile, instead of 68 silver to be a single coin with a number beside it. Dem cute coins though :p
These are not replacements.
These are projectiles for when money piles fall (like sand does).

Back
Top Bottom