Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got so paranoid after reading about other people's stuff being deleted and/or corrupted to the point where I deleted all but my main world and character, as well as me taking down every single structure I made and storing everything in about a hundred plus chests.

My poor NPCs are being slaughtered as we speak, but hopefully it will mitigate some things when 1.3 comes out, like a smaller chance to corrupt my saves and worlds and a faster legacy transfer or something.

I feel like the Xbox One version's Terraria community will absolutely loathe these changes and bugs. As someone who has a world with pretty much every item in the game and lots of complex structures, I don't think I will update my game to 1.3 when Xbox gets the update. I can't afford to lose a 4-year-old world which has so many memories.

If it's as buggy when/if it releases then I will back up my saves and start fresh, I'm not compromising my years of progress.
As will I, I may not care if my worlds get messed up but I would be bummed if anything happened to my main character, which I had to start from scratch on last gen and after a week I had made even more progress than I did with my XB1 main, which I don't even use anymore thanks to being able to upload my 360 character and download it. If we get lucky and it gets released next week that's the first thing I'm doing; backing up my saves and seeing what happens.

I feel like the Xbox One version's Terraria community will absolutely loathe these changes and bugs. As someone who has a world with pretty much every item in the game and lots of complex structures, I don't think I will update my game to 1.3 when Xbox gets the update. I can't afford to lose a 4-year-old world which has so many memories.
That's completely understandable. I might be one of those to just suck it up and go head on regardless of what consequences might await me tho.

Those Dev Sets aren't slipping from my grasp that easily.

:p

Now that I think about it, this sounds a bit too similar to how 1.2 arrived on Consoles. I had thoughts on how this would happen for a while, and my suspicions actually came to fruition.

And also keep in mind that the reason we even got the new interface was so that in the future we can get updates a little after PC does and won't have to wait years to play em. In the future we'll most likely be caught up with PC and any new updates that get released will get released for consoles pretty much right after. For FREE. How rad is that?

Hopefully that the worse thing that happens would be the modded stacks of items being removed I don't want to lose my world because I used a modded stack for my pumpkin moon afk farm...

But if it happens i understand.
I would also have to worry about too lol, you don't have to update if you don't want to lol

As will I, I may not care if my worlds get messed up but I would be bummed if anything happened to my main character, which I had to start from scratch on last gen and after a week I had made even more progress than I did with my XB1 main, which I don't even use anymore thanks to being able to upload my 360 character and download it. If we get lucky and it gets released next week that's the first thing I'm doing; backing up my saves and seeing what happens.
You know I've had the same character ever since the console release on 360 so he's become like a grizzled veteran throughout my entire experience.

And also keep in mind that the reason we even got the new interface was so that in the future we can get updates a little after PC does and won't have to wait years to play em. In the future we'll most likely be caught up with PC and any new updates that get released will get released for consoles pretty much right after. For FREE. How rad is that?
I prefer waiting years like we used to far more than game-breaking bugs. It isn't the developer's fault though.

Hopefully that the worse thing that happens would be the modded stacks of items being removed I don't want to lose my world because I used a modded stack for my pumpkin moon afk farm...

But if it happens i understand.
I know the topic of modded/super stacks are highly controversial here, so I'll be super quick.

If you really don't want your super stacks to be gone, just convert those stacks to regular stacks. For example, if you have a 32k stack of Chlorophyte bullets, hold RT and it'll convert back to a normal 999 stack. Do this until you either get as much as you want or the whole thing.

This won't work for weapons most likely and it will take up a ton of space for chests, but I think it would be much safer.

I know the topic of modded/super stacks are highly controversial here, so I'll be super quick.

If you really don't want your super stacks to be gone, just convert those stacks to regular stacks. For example, if you have a 32k stack of Chlorophyte bullets, hold RT and it'll convert back to a normal 999 stack. Do this until you either get as much as you want or the whole thing.

This won't work for weapons most likely and it will take up a ton of space for chests, but I think it would be much safer.
Alright moving on before we get in trouble

You know I've had the same character ever since the console release on 360 so he's become like a grizzled veteran throughout my entire experience.
I think I had to restart from scratch when the XB1 version first came out, but I'm not sure. I actually just really don't remember. As somebody that hates starting from scratch I feel like I've done it a lot when it comes to Terraria haha. But that just shows you how much I love this game.

I think I had to restart from scratch when the XB1 version first came out, but I'm not sure. I actually just really don't remember. As somebody that hates starting from scratch I feel like I've done it a lot when it comes to Terraria haha. But that just shows you how much I love this game.
I ported over my first world and my main character.

Is there any way to vote on making the Xbox One version's certification get re-submitted so bugs can be fixed? I think everyone would agree with me on that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom