Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya @Loki I wanted to mention a new problem I've encountered. It never happened until the new hotfix released... It's sadly a little more game-breaking than the previous ones. It seems that whenever I'm in a large-scale event that fills a large portion of the area around the player (Moon Lord, Lunar, Martain Madness) there's a very high chance that death will freeze the game, forcing me to quit to the PS4 menu and restart. It happened quite a bit last night, most notably during Martian Ship fights in Martian Madness, and the one time recorded during Moon Lord.

Last edited:
Heya @Loki I wanted to mention a new problem I've encountered. It never happened until the new hotfix released... It's sadly a little more game-breaking than the previous ones. It seems that whenever I'm in a large-scale event that fills a large portion of the area around the player (Moon Lord, Lunar, Martain Madness) there's a very high chance that death will freeze the game, forcing me to quit to the PS4 menu and restart. It happened quite a bit last night, most notably during Martian Ship fights in Martian Madness, and the one time recorded during Moon Lord.
This has been happening to me too.

Also remember to post any bugs here->https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html. Thanks!

Wooo I'm really excited! Though I don't play Terraria on console, so I'm super exited for mobile! (any news?)

Sadly, mobile is after console (xbox + ps4 or other). The update for xbox isnt even out yet, so regarding the current state, it wont be out for a whike because its not even released on xbox yet. It’ll take while, so i reccommend trying something else out during the wait :(

What if I told you that the 1.3 Xbox One update isn't out yet is because they have been slacking and not wanting to get the submitted update confirmed this entire time for Terraria on Xbox One? XD
*mean while at Microsoft Studios*They're onto us I repeat they are onto us quick get to work!
(sorry if it sounds stupid but I just felt like saying that hehe)

maybe tomorrow guys and it's only been a week to whoever said it has Been 2 weeks since cert was sent y'all need to play something that will at least take about a week of your time just in case it doesn't come out tomorrow. I don't think the weekends count for work sooooo... obviously not Monday because Xmas and in between that and new years I don't know if there is going to be work but in most businesses there is I'm hoping for the best though and in shadow of war I had a Orc kill me so much he eventually took over a war chief I finally managed to kill him he then ambushed me cheating death and turned legendary with scary new abilities I shame him and he turned into a maniac and is now level 64 and I'm only lvl 20 all he does is make disgusting moaning sounds never talks anymore and it's really funny one hell of a story for a orc lol

@Loki
You said that Microsoft has closed for christmas but they are still updating there games so do you think ther is still a chance that 1.3 could be out before 2018?

Said they will be closing. Not that they were/are closed. I am not sure of the precise dates - as we leave that part of the process up to 505.

When microsoft will start working on the update are they going to notify the devs or are they going to notify the game only when they approve it?

They will notify the publisher (505 Games in this instance) of the results of their review. *If* it is approved, the publisher is the one that has to actually push the "launch" button.

Word? I don't remember who said it but either a Dev or the PW Twitter has said that they "haven't responded to the submission yet" implying that they haven't looked at it. That was just a couple days ago as well, so as far as I'm concerned there's no way we're getting the update before the holidays

You only get a response when their review is complete. You don't get "interim reports" or anything. "Haven't responded" refers to this.

Okay, but how do you know that? Who has said that it's in the process of being looked at? All I see is "it's in submission" or "it's hard to tell given the upcoming holidays" nowhere do I see that it's finally a priority to Microsoft. Believe me, I hope that I'm wrong and you're right

"In submission" means that it is at MS and under review. "Its hard to tell given the holidays" refers to the general notion that this time of year, people in any company take days off/companies close down for some days/etc. There is no way to know what - if any - impact that would have on turnaround time. For example, what if 20% of their testers have already left for the Holidays? That slows them down.

Did you report that directly via the bug link as well? "Death Crashing" is one of the umbrella issues that PW are tracking down, so any and all information is very important there. Things like that video are great - also any other context such as gear, etc.

The devs can't just launch the update. They have to wait for Microsoft to certify it....
I mean when it's certified.
[doublepost=1513918692,1513918552][/doublepost]
I would definitely be fine with the UI if it was made for the PC. I would've bought Terraria on PC to play on a MONITOR! Why I bought CONSOLE was to PLAY ON A TV. They 1:1 replicated the UI (good job), but didn't ask themselves wether or not it's usable from a couch; thus, due to their ignorance to actual simulation, the UI is a flunk for playing on a TV.

And, yes, I know you can hook up the console to a monitor, but playing from a couch is different. I might play from a monitor once it comes along crappy as it already is, but once its fixed, I'm back to the couch.

Due to the increased price (from the PC), us console users should be allowed to also PLAY ON A MONITOR AS WELL AS A TV (because both have their charms). So make the UI increase and decrease relative to the screen size Terraria is running on.
[doublepost=1513887519,1513887447][/doublepost]I prefer the couch, like many console users. But will sometimes use a monitor.
I actually sit about 1 metre away from the TV on a chair. It's because all of the other seats are more than 3 metres away (and fixed in place), so it doesn't bother me.

I reset all my progress to see how far I could get before the update came to the XB1.

Reset it on Thursday last week, by the time the update arrives for me I will be ready for Moon Lord! :D

Are they addressing the vey faint buff/rebuff icons below the hot bar? I can't really see them even if I sit as close to the tv as I would a monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom