The Breakable Arsenal Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossmallo

Terrarian
Okay, this is a pretty deranged idea I had last night, and I know the crazy sorts of challenges the forum-goers tend to do in-game, so...Let me cut to the chase.

RULES:

After generating your world, use any world / inventory editor / Item-dispensing server to create a bunch of chests, and spawn one of every weapon in the game except Pickaxes / Drills. You are allowed to use any weapon at any time, but there is a pretty major catch.

Every time you kill a 50th of any enemy - indicated by obtaining a banner - your current weapon "breaks", and you must trash that weapon immediately (Or, put it in a designated "Broken" chest and never pick it up again). Additionally, thrown weapons that drop in a recoverable state must be left alone, or discarded if you happen to pick them back up again. For obvious reasons - and to give you a last-ditch thing if things go to hell - Pickaxes / Drills are exempt from this rule.

Weapon-Type specific rules
In regards to non-thrown ranged weapons - Weapons break, ammo does not. Use the absoloute best ammo you can muster to maximise the weapon's limited use!
If a summoned creature scores a 50th kill, unsummon the familiar (Right Click its icon).

General additional rules -
No purchasing Weapons from vendors.
It is up to you if you will allow yourself to craft new weapons, but if you do this challenge, specify if you will do so first. My personal reccomendation would be try to refrain from it on normal / Easy mode, but Hard and ESPECIALLY Ultra Hard mode would benefit from this.

How far can you get before your weapons fail you?

Hopefully, if you decide to try this challenge, it'll help you be more strategic and flexible in your gameplay. Or it'll be a good exercise in irritation and pre-planning. :v

Variants -

Easy Mode -
Same rules as above, but if you hit a 50 milestone and a weapon breaks in the middle of a Boss or Invasion, you can keep it until the invasion or boss is over, and only if you emerge victorious - If you happen to lose, keep the weapon for another try. Note that in the final encounter, the Cultist, each Pillar and the Moon Lord himself count as seperate encounters for this rule.

Hard Mode -
Spawn a Tally Counter, or keep a mental count of how many enemies you kill. Every 50 enemies of ANY description you kill, discard the weapon you'd been using for the bulk of those 50 kills.

Ultra Hard Mode -
With the exception of Invasions, discard a weapon with ANY kill you make. Better make those swings count and hope for multikills, or use your pickaxe whenever possible.

Corrosive Air Mode -
A variant on the above - Have a repeating countdown timer - or watch your PC clock - and every 5 minuites, your currently used weapon breaks.
Anyway, gauntlet's been thrown down. Please let me know if any of you are insane enough to give this a try. :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom