The Complete Terraria Guide App: Would you be interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.S

Terrarian
The Complete Terarria Guide Header.jpg
Hello all, I am a huge fan of Terraria (aren't we all??) and a developer. I am trying to get some input on the level of interest out there. I understand there are a few apps on the Android market that offer Terraria guides, but I wasn't impressed. I am currently planning out a really great (in my opinion) app, that will offer complete information for every version of the game, in an organized, visually pleasing way. I have plans for some really great features, but don't want to spoil too much. To give you an idea of one feature, I am going to make a Character Builder, that will allow you to pick out every aspect of your character including armor, accessories, dyes, and everything you might have access to in the game. It will then show you what resources you need to collect, where to find them, etc. I am thinking of making the app itself free, but the majority of the coolest features would be a 'pay to unlock' sort of thing. I will make this available on Android and iOS, and will have a website. Are you interested? Would you be willing to pay 99 cents to unlock all the features? Do you have any suggestions for features? Any input is much appreciated!

@Mr.S, I am no developer, but I know a guy who could probably make great logos for this and I can help come up with feature ideas.

Hello all, I am a huge fan of Terraria (aren't we all??) and a developer. I am trying to get some input on the level of interest out there. I understand there are a few apps on the Android market that offer Terraria guides, but I wasn't impressed. I am currently planning out a really great (in my opinion) app, that will offer complete information for every version of the game, in an organized, visually pleasing way. I have plans for some really great features, but don't want to spoil too much. To give you an idea of one feature, I am going to make a Character Builder, that will allow you to pick out every aspect of your character including armor, accessories, dyes, and everything you might have access to in the game. It will then show you what resources you need to collect, where to find them, etc. I am thinking of making the app itself free, but the majority of the coolest features would be a 'pay to unlock' sort of thing. I will make this available on Android and iOS, and will have a website. Are you interested? Would you be willing to pay 99 cents to unlock all the features? Do you have any suggestions for features? Any input is much appreciated!
id buy it

Moved to Off-Topic; this isn't a guide, it's a product announcement.

@Mr.S, I'll allow this for now, for the purpose of gathering ideas and interest, but please note that you may not use this forum to advertise your product without prior consent from Re-Logic. We do not permit the other apps you mention to advertise here, either. Also, using game images within your product may require permission from Re-Logic and/or 505Games.

@Mr.S, I'll allow this for now, for the purpose of gathering ideas and interest, but please note that you may not use this forum to advertise your product without prior consent from Re-Logic. We do not permit the other apps you mention to advertise here, either. Also, using game images within your product may require permission from Re-Logic and/or 505Games.
He asked @Cenx on her profile a while back and supposedly used email support, with no reply from Cenx, so I dunno.

You know what would be awesome? if the app locks-on in the game. As a secondary gadget of sorts. It could display some HUD, or something like that.

@Mr.S , this sounds pretty great, and these features would be great to see for a mobile application. If you need any help on writing, no, not coding, then I am willing to help.

Let's just hope there won't be any major complications, or negativity.

If you make this, can you instead of "pay to unlock" have a lite version and a full version? My parents disabled in app purchases.

I would be very much interested in this, but due to the fact that I have no money I would not pay. If I had a job I would definitely pay for it!

@Mr.S, I am no developer, but I know a guy who could probably make great logos for this and I can help come up with feature ideas.
That sounds awesome! I am highly interested in working with other people! Especially someone talented in the art department (since I am about as artistically talented as a fish...with no fins). Feel free to message me and I will give you my e-mail address?

That sounds awesome! I am highly interested in working with other people! Especially someone talented in the art department (since I am about as artistically talented as a fish...with no fins). Feel free to message me and I will give you my e-mail address?
I'd rather communicate by Steam or PM.

I have used the wiki in the past, and I am not only looking to make something that is more user friendly, but I also want to incorporate things that the wiki does not have, such as a character builder (mentioned in the first post), character class guides (for magic, melee, ranged, etc. players), just to give examples :).
[DOUBLEPOST=1423073362][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd rather communicate by Steam or PM.
My steam username is Michaelstr2 :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1423073428][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you make this, can you instead of "pay to unlock" have a lite version and a full version? My parents disabled in app purchases.
I am definitely considering this, I am just trying to figure out how to get the largest target audience :/ still working on the details

@Mr.S , this sounds pretty great, and these features would be great to see for a mobile application. If you need any help on writing, no, not coding, then I am willing to help.

Let's just hope there won't be any major complications, or negativity.
That could be useful :) want to send me a message or pm or steam or whatever-you-use-to-communicate with an example?
[DOUBLEPOST=1423073654][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you for letting me know! :) My intent isn't to advertise, it's really just to get some consumer information, I figured a good majority of my target audience is here, and want to make sure that I will exceed their expectations. Also, I have been in contact with Loki, as well as Support, and got a set of guidelines to follow. I will be better in the future, I am sort of new to forum posting O_O.

You know what would be awesome? if the app locks-on in the game. As a secondary gadget of sorts. It could display some HUD, or something like that.
Unfortunately, I would have to be able to work on the game itself to enable something like that, which would be against re-logic's/505 games' will, and I would have to buy a Microsoft Developer account, (I don't even have a clue how to do it for the Playstation) which I can't do right now, AND I'm just not that skilled yet sadly :(. But yes, that would be a pretty cool feature. If I was at that level, I would be overloaded with all kinds of crazy ideas to implement, and would need a team of developers to help me do everything I wanted.

Have you finished yet? 😂

It appears nothing has happened with this concept since it was introduced back in 2015.

Since there isn't much that can be discussed on it now, we have decided to lock this thread.

If you return and are still interested in pursuing this. Feel free to report this thread, or send myself or any Staff member a PM to have this thread unlocked.

As Tunnel King said back in 2015, permission will be needed with Re-Logic if you wish to advertise this app and take it beyond the idea phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom