NPCs & Enemies The Guide's Revenge

Do you think The Guide deserves revenge?

• Yeah! But He (pun intended) needs to seek different means of killing me. (Comment.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. The Guide needs to seek different means of killing me. (Comment.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cubic.

The Destroyer
The Guide seeks his revenge...

This is a Hardmode invasion event that has a 50% chance to occur apon the player's defeating the Wall of Flesh. Evil death-related enemies will spawn, as well as mini-bosses that disguise themselves as NPCs who are present. There is also a main boss who is a "raging demon" version of the Guide. This main boss is simply called He, and is the vengeful spirit of the Guide. In order for He to spawn, you have to have completed the event (about 130 enemies.). Then, He will appear in a puff of smoke, obtaining powers in the same manner the Lunatic Cultist, except He is obtaining power from the player instead of an inanimate object. While this happens, the player will get the debuff "Draining" which prevents them from moving. During the event, the Lunar Pillars theme will play.

Yet to be sprited.
"Vengeful Spirit"
All the same traits as the Reaper, except it looks like an enraged version of the Player Ghost you get from permanent death and inflicts the Possessed debuff for a couple seconds. The player can still attack.
It has a chance to drop the Holy Charm, which protects you from the debuff.

Yet to be sprited.
"Condemned Soul"
It resembles a nymph, but not very closely. It's appearance and powers differ, and it looks like it's very beaten up (injured). It has the Unicorn AI, and when it is charging it uses a different sprite, which is similar to the projectile that Flow Invaders fire except it's color is randomized and it is about the size of the nymph.
I'm too lazy to add stats.
It drops Purification Powder.

Yet to be sprited.
"Harm's Way"
It looks like a cross between the Old Man NPC and the Merchant NPC. It has whatever AI the first gunner in the game has. It shoots a randomized craftable sword, and the projectile has all the same stats as the original sword. Before Plantera is defeated, overpowered swords will never be fired, just to avoid pre-Hardmode players getting owned. Post-Plantera, Harm's Way has a 1% chance to do so.
Harm's Way has a chance to drop the Bladegun, a ranged weapon that fires any Melee weapon that is not favorited.

Yet to be sprited.
"Neck-Snapping Fangfury"
It has a similar appearance to the Nymph (you can tell I like them) but he has a male appearance. He has the Guide's hair (just his style, not the color.) and a unique outfit. He has a unique AI and inflicts the Terrible Pain debuff. He attacks by walking up to the player and jumping over them, then attacking them from behind until they turn around, combine this with his speed walking up to the player and he cannot be instantly killed by them. He is very fast.
It will drop a random boss-summoning item (as long as the corresponding boss has been defeated), and occasionally a Painkiller, which protects you from the Terrible Pain debuff.

While He is alive, Boss 3 will play.

Phase one:
He is yet to be sprited.
In Phase One, He looks similar to the Guide (because He is the guide) except with Crimson red eyes and his appearance is a lot darker, making He look like a mere shadow. He attacks by gently floating around (similar to Golem's Head in his second phase) and rapidly trapping the target players in a ball of Shadowflame that, if the player tries to escape, will deal 30 damage exact and inflicts the Shadowflame debuff. These slowly close in, but before they begin to do so, there is a small opening that players can escape through (to make the attack avoidable.). If the player is too high for him to enclose in Shadowflame, He will shoot gigantic balls of Shadowflame at them. If he can't do that, the player is pulled straight to him by a vortex. This will ensure that players who have minecarts or flying mounts can't go up and farm him.

Phase Two:
He is yet to be sprited.
In Phase Two, His original body gets shredded into bloody pieces (or dissapears in a puff of smoke if you have gory turned off) and he becomes a stationary boss. He has the appearance of a wraith shaped like the Guide, and his attack drops down to King Slime levels. He floats in the spot he was before he entered his second phase, and fires homing balls of Shadowflame similar to the Ancient Cultists that the Lunatic Cultist spawn, except with way lower attack (like I said, comparable to King Slime.). However, his defense increases to the exact same as Spazmatism.

He has the same drops as Skeletron Prime, minus Soul of Fright and the Skeltron prime trophies, mask and expert loot stuff. He has his own mask and trophy, plus an expert mode loot item of his own. The item is the Eternal Shadow, which grants 10 defense and makes the player look like a shadow version of themselves (unless it is invisible) similar to His first phase.

Holy Charm
Protects you from the Possessed debuff.

The Bladegun
Ranged weapon. Fires a random non-favorited Melee weapon from your inventory. Cannot fire Hardmode weapons. Has the same stats as the weapon being fired.
Tooltip: "Well, this is ironic."

Painkiller
Protects you from the Terrible Pain debuff.

His Mask
A vanity item that lets you be the Guide. Sort of.
Tooltip: "Looks like <name of Guide>."

His Trophy
It is a trophy of a small black ball of energy (I ran out of ideas on this one)

his expert mode bag (I forgot what the expert bags are called)
Contains all of His drops and the Eternal Shadow.

Eternal Shadow
Expert Mode item
10 Defense, makes the player look like a shadow (unless made invisible)

Terrible Pain
Slows the player down (extremely)

Possessed
The player is unable to control their actions at all

Achievements:

Yet to be sprited.
I'm so sorry!
Triumph over The Guide's Revenge, a regenade group of spirits here to get revenge on you for The Guide. (Does not require you to kill He)

Yet to be sprited.
Killer of All Guides
Kill He, the vengeful spirit of the Guide who seeks your soul.

Last edited:
Going on Bubby's assumption, I would say that would be like a Skeleton Archer, or a Goblin Archer, both enemies stop to shoot an arrow at you, which is similar to the Crossbower and Deadeye.

I like this event, but it seems a little tough for being so early in hardmode. Maybe it should only have a chance of spawning after you kill your second wall of flesh. And im not a big fan of the big boss at the end. I dont really have any suggestions for it, im not very creative... I just know it sounds a little cheesy

Ok, so let’s see....

A reskinned Reaper. Please make it a bit more unique.

Condemned Soul is Dryad with Unicorn AI? Ok.... Please be more clear on that (and be more unique).

So we have something that shoots swords at you and drops swords. And these things spawn commonly? Well yay, I can get a bunch of swords and MAYBE an Excalibur to start of Pre-Hardmode! Sorry for the sarcasm, but, please, no. That doesn’t work. We don’t need something that drops any random craftable sword that isn’t overpowered. Oh, and post-Plantera, I don’t want something firing Terra Blades at me. Don’t like the concept of that enemy.

Minibosses are just more convincing nymphs. Boring for a miniboss for something totally new.

He is a bit... weird. You have a giant guide that comes around trying to squish you. Does it like jump on you? And if you try to attack it from above it slaps you. And if you even try to get it off-screen it pulls you with a tongue. After you hurt it enough, it becomes a Lunatic Cultist. Needs improvement.

Overall, enemies either lack uniqueness or are illogical. The event itself is completely unneccessary, as it doesn’t give you any exclusive loot (except maybe an Excalibur). The theme of the event itself needs some expanding on. It just seems like some ghosts and evil NPCs. Don’t get it at all. This has potential. It just needs a lot of improvement.

Ok, so let’s see....

A reskinned Reaper. Please make it a bit more unique.

Condemned Soul is Dryad with Unicorn AI? Ok.... Please be more clear on that (and be more unique).

So we have something that shoots swords at you and drops swords. And these things spawn commonly? Well yay, I can get a bunch of swords and MAYBE an Excalibur to start of Pre-Hardmode! Sorry for the sarcasm, but, please, no. That doesn’t work. We don’t need something that drops any random craftable sword that isn’t overpowered. Oh, and post-Plantera, I don’t want something firing Terra Blades at me. Don’t like the concept of that enemy.

Minibosses are just more convincing nymphs. Boring for a miniboss for something totally new.

He is a bit... weird. You have a giant guide that comes around trying to squish you. Does it like jump on you? And if you try to attack it from above it slaps you. And if you even try to get it off-screen it pulls you with a tongue. After you hurt it enough, it becomes a Lunatic Cultist. Needs improvement.

Overall, enemies either lack uniqueness or are illogical. The event itself is completely unneccessary, as it doesn’t give you any exclusive loot (except maybe an Excalibur). The theme of the event itself needs some expanding on. It just seems like some ghosts and evil NPCs. Don’t get it at all. This has potential. It just needs a lot of improvement.

I remade it. Feel free to criticize my NEW event.

Much better.

I’m going to assume the Possessed debuff isn’t inflicted for very long. I’m also going to assume that the player cannot control his/her movement, but can still fire weapons. Feel free to collect me if I’m wrong. Vengeful Spirit is much better now.

Condemend Soul is a bit meh, but, hey, it works. Like it.

Harm’s Way is better. Thank you for fixing that.

Neck-Snapping Fangfury can be easily countered by just continuously switching between looking left and right. I assume this thing has a lot of health (since it’s a miniboss).

He is meh, and still needs improvement.
So his main attack deals only thirty damage + Shadowflame and can be easily escaped? Ok. How often does He do this attack?
His secondary attack (if you’re far away) shoots balls of Shadowflame. Seems easily avoidable.
Then his second phase makes him as weak as the King Slime. Shouldn’t second phases be harder?
I could try making a new He, but I don’t know if doing so would be a good idea.
Also, Expert Mode item is completely useless except for vanity.

Overall, everything is mosly fine except for He, which still needs a lot of improvement.

Much better.

I’m going to assume the Possessed debuff isn’t inflicted for very long. I’m also going to assume that the player cannot control his/her movement, but can still fire weapons. Feel free to collect me if I’m wrong. Vengeful Spirit is much better now.

Condemend Soul is a bit meh, but, hey, it works. Like it.

Harm’s Way is better. Thank you for fixing that.

Neck-Snapping Fangfury can be easily countered by just continuously switching between looking left and right. I assume this thing has a lot of health (since it’s a miniboss).

He is meh, and still needs improvement.
So his main attack deals only thirty damage + Shadowflame and can be easily escaped? Ok. How often does He do this attack?
His secondary attack (if you’re far away) shoots balls of Shadowflame. Seems easily avoidable.
Then his second phase makes him as weak as the King Slime. Shouldn’t second phases be harder?
I could try making a new He, but I don’t know if doing so would be a good idea.
Also, Expert Mode item is completely useless except for vanity.

Overall, everything is mosly fine except for He, which still needs a lot of improvement.
His expert mode item grants 10 defense. To me, that would be a lifesaver entering Expert Hardmode.
Phase two is harder- his attack drops, but he attacks constantly and has increased defense.
The balls of Shadowflame are gigantic.
His main attacks is constant, and a bit difficult to escape. You need to be very precise.
I think this would be pretty difficult. If it's still too much of a nerf, then I guess you can redo his attacks and 2nd phase.

Back
Top Bottom