Weapons & Equip The Hardmode ORES & Hardmode WEAPONS

Just a heads up, I hope youre not posting the same thing multiple days in a row. If you have new information, you should add that to an existing post rather than creating a new one for the same topic.

That being said, this post is admittedly better thought out

I know I was a bit of a curmudgeon on your last post, and I'm sorry for bringing it back again, but I simply have to say I don't see why these things deserve special abilities. In particular I'd like to focus on the pre-Hardmode ores. There is absolutely no reason why these extremely basic armors, that are meant to be ordinary and to serve as the introduction to armor in the game, should have any kind of secondary effect. Comparing them to Hellstone is pointless because Hellstone is much farther along in the game. As for the Hardmode ores, I won't touch on them again, but I still resist the idea that the weapons need any special abilities. Set bonuses would be fine, but weapons don't need it.

Except for the swords getting the 1.4.4 treatment and having better particle effects. That, I do agree with. A lot of Melee weapons got left behind in the 1.4.4 Melee buffs and that should be remedied.

My suggestions to prehardmode ores, copper and tin I say it's perfectly balanced. Iron and lead. Full Iron armor should have a bonus set of chance to inflict bleeding and 5+ defense. The lead armor should have also a bonus set of chance to inflict lead poisoning. Like the effect of the flasks it applies to melee weapons and whips. The silver and tungsten, the silver armor bonus set should have 25% speed bonus. Tungsten armor, the tungsten armor bonus set should make melee weapons 25% bigger and have 15% knockback. Hellstone armor should have a bonus set of when walking you will have a trail of fire and can resist lava for 10 seconds. Axe and pickaxes for the prehardmode ores are good for NOW, give me suggestions for the axe and pickaxes of the prehardmode ores

Hardmode
Credits to: @Wilentity
I feel like orichalcum armor should shoot more petals the lower your health.
Critical hits with the palladium armor give a small amount of Damage Reduction on the next hit or I-frames (Must be fine-tuned to be balanced + a cooldown to prevent actual invincibility)
Cobalt armor should provide a similar attack affect to the 1.4.4 Muramasa whenever you hit an enemy (maybe with a cooldown of 0.8 seconds)
Mythril Armor should double projectiles when below 60% HP ( Projectile does 40% of said-weapons damage, does not apply to all weapons)
Adamantite Armor should do something similar to the Titanium armor, except maybe similar to the Bone-glove, swinging a weapon sends a burst of adamantite shard towards the enemy

Adamantite and Titanium sword should have the 1.4.4 Sword effect but smaller than the excalibur of course and shoot of Titanium or Adamantite shards a small distance (Adamantite shoots out more but with shorter range similar to the Chlorophyte Claymore and Titanium sword shoots out less with a longer range like the Chlorophtye Partisan) similar to the Blade of Grass's 1.4.4 change except without the spinning.

Orichalcum Sword fires an additional petal when hitting the enemy, give the 1.4.4 Sword effect but smaller that loops around at a 270° swing.
Mythril Sword swings faster the more you hit an enemy, (First hit 7% increase, Second 14%, third 21%, fourth and onwards 24%) similar if not a tile shorter or further than the Orichalcum Sword w/ the 1.4.4 Sword effect.

Palladium Sword has a small chance to confuse the enemy w/ the 1.4.4 Sword effect
Cobalt Sword has the Muramasa attack affect w/ the 1.4.4 Sword effect + an additional extra range similar to the Night's Edge's Sword effect possibly in a triangle shape.

My suggestions again. Waraxes should be faster and has special effects but please do get me suggestions to it.

My suggestions to Chlorophyte. First is Chlorophyte saber should shoot more spore clouds and shoots more faster and have more longer range. Second the Chlorophyte Claymore should have more range and have a faster swing like the Terra Blade. Lastly the Chlorophyte Partisan, the Chlorophyte Partisan it would be pretty cool if it have the effect or the Rotten Fork/Dark Lance/Gungnir and it should fire spore clouds but the spore clouds is like the Crimson Rod/Nimbus Rod of the "rain" projectiles that fire downward.

Just a heads up, I hope youre not posting the same thing multiple days in a row. If you have new information, you should add that to an existing post rather than creating a new one for the same topic.

That being said, this post is admittedly better thought out
Yes I won't and every day I will add suggestions.

While I agree with changing the hardmode ore swords, I completely disagree with changing armors, they are fine as it is.

Pre hardmode:
You don't realize how broken most of that is.
Iron/Lead: No point to debuffs, leave that to weapons.
Silver: The 25% speed bonus is literally broken, the endgame armors only have 10%.
Tungsten: Again 25% bigger weapons and 15% knockback is more than any reforge, for a armor that you can get in 10 minutes in the start of the game.
Trail of fire sounds cool, but about resisting 10 seconds is more than any acessory, if it does something similar to the obisidian flower I'm fine with it.

Hardmode:
Honestly, most of the ore weapons (with the exception of ranged ones) are just for show, I like a lot of those changes.

I know I was a bit of a curmudgeon on your last post, and I'm sorry for bringing it back again, but I simply have to say I don't see why these things deserve special abilities. In particular I'd like to focus on the pre-Hardmode ores. There is absolutely no reason why these extremely basic armors, that are meant to be ordinary and to serve as the introduction to armor in the game, should have any kind of secondary effect. Comparing them to Hellstone is pointless because Hellstone is much farther along in the game. As for the Hardmode ores, I won't touch on them again, but I still resist the idea that the weapons need any special abilities. Set bonuses would be fine, but weapons don't need it.

Except for the swords getting the 1.4.4 treatment and having better particle effects. That, I do agree with. A lot of Melee weapons got left behind in the 1.4.4 Melee buffs and that should be remedied.
Totally agree with you, just like to point out how broken most of those numbers are (I don't think he cares about balance, he just want ''bigger weapon because bigger weapon good'') like 25% of speed is HUGE, endgame armors have 10%. And treating a gold sword like a excalibur is pretty absurd to me.

And yes hardmode swords having better treatment is a dream.

@GamerKhalel, you already had two threads combined into one, and Tunnel King asked you to edit your post if you wanted to add more, not create new threads.

I have combined six more threads into here. Please DO NOT create any new threads for any suggestion of yours having to do with hardmode ores or weapons. If you want to talk about your ideas for hardmode ore and weapons, do it in this thread.

I see other ideas of yours that have multiple threads as well. I will organize them, and send you a convo about them (so as to not bump them up). If you have questions, you can ask in the private message I’ll be sending you.

@GamerKhalel, you already had two threads combined into one, and Tunnel King asked you to edit your post if you wanted to add more, not create new threads.

I have combined six more threads into here. Please DO NOT create any new threads for any suggestion of yours having to do with hardmode ores or weapons. If you want to talk about your ideas for hardmode ore and weapons, do it in this thread.

I see other ideas of yours that have multiple threads as well. I will organize them, and send you a convo about them (so as to not bump them up). If you have questions, you can ask in the private message I’ll be sending you.
I'm just new to Terraria Forums and I don't really know how to use it.

Back
Top Bottom