• ADD IT NOW!!!

• Support worthy

• Good idea

• Meh

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrTheEpicNinja

Terrarian
( I will attempt some sprites, but for now any sprites will be appreciated.)

Alright guys! Time for my second suggestion! This one is a bit more risky in terms of likeability, and it's a work in progress in some areas. But any help, including suggestions, would be appreciated. Even though this will most likely not be put in game, I thought it would be worth a shot, considering the sky islands need to be 'buffed.'

One other thing that I think should be added, is jungle and snow floating islands, maybe even desert ones too. They would get all the regular floating island mobs (including the ones I suggest.) As well as some of the biome mobs, e.g snatchers and derplings for jungle, ice elementals and ice slimes for the snow biome.

Because of this variety, I think that there should be more floating islands in the world (even if it means they need to shrink them in size.) 4 on a small, 6 on a medium and 8 on a large. (this will also mean bundle of balloons is easier to craft.)

So, how do you begin the 'endgame sky?' Well to start things off, every time you smash a demon altar, there is an 100% chance you will create a sky spirit.
sky spirit.png
(Basically a sky version of a shadow orb.) It will be surrounded by clouds, or a new type of sky block. These sky spirits will be created at floating island level, and you will have to find them.
Sprites by @Ultimatefoka

When you smash your first demon altar, a messages saying 'the spirits of flight have returned.'
(other suggestions welcome.)

To smash theses spirit orbs, you will need.

Rekhammer

Rekhammer dark.png

100x Spooky wood
5x Ectoplasm
10x Hallowed bars
@ Mythril anvil

Alternate suggestion is fishron/golem/pumpkin/frost moon drop, the items are set at a post tier to these.

STATS -
58 base dmg
Fast speed
150% hammer power

ORB ESSENCE
orb essence.png

Sprites by @Ultimatefoka
Each orb will have a 100% chance to drop orb essence 20-25 per orb.
This orb essence is the main crafting item in the endgame recipes.
Each orb smashed will unlock a new enemy mob, up until the 5th orb, when there are no more mobs to unlock. These mobs will have important crafting drops so it will be necessary to have them. After a mob is 'unlocked' it will spawn in the sky above a certain altitude.
MOB #1
Cloud Vulture
vulture 2.png
vulture.png

Sprites by @Ultimatefoka
VULTURE AI mix SPAZMATISM AI
The enemy will fly around and dive bomb the player.
[common]

STATS-
700 HP
8 DEF
48 DMG

Drops - Cloudy Feather 2.5%

MOB #2
Vampiric Harpy
A harpy that shoots life-stealing vampire fangs, that will regenerate the harpy's health.
The fangs will regenerate 30% of damage done to you.
[uncommon]

STATS
600 HP
18 DEF
45 DMG

Drops - Vampire Teeth (2-4) 100%
- Feather (3-5) 100%

MOB #3
Sky Wight
sky wight.png

CASTER AI, except can spawn in thin air, without any blocks.
It will shoot 3 spirits at you, similar to Ragged caster, except the spirits move a lot faster and aren't homing.
[common]

STATS
400 HP
8 DEF
46 DMG (per spirit)

Drops - Dead Eye 15%
- Plasma Bolt 2%

MOB #4
Skyware Mimic
Skyware_Chest.png
MIMIC AI (except as a skyware chest)
[RARE]

STATS
(normal mimic stats)

DROPS
- time changer 20%
- other suggestion of your choice.

MOB #5
patrol copter.png

Tactical Patrol Copters
ELF COPTER AI (can't travel through walls)
Shoots slower than elf copters, but deals more damage.
[ uncommon]
-also nerf elf copters -

STATS
- 900 HP
- 21 DEF
- 86 DMG
- 24 USETIME

Drops - Stolen Helicopter 2.4%
- Copter Cannon 4%
- Rocket battery 3%

Drop-rate: (2-4) 100% from Vampiric Harpy
Used in:

Red potion - yes that thing that was meant to be in 1.2.2. and de-buffs you.
Red_Potion.png

1x Bottle of Water
1x Vial of Venom
3x Ectoplasm
2x Vampire Teeth

Allows player to life-steal on all weapons.
2 minute duration

And a way to give rangers some life-steal.

Vampire Arrow
vampire arrow.png

Sprites by @Ultimatefoka
120x Flaming arrow
1x Vampire Teeth

Vampire bullet
120x Empty Bullet
1x Vampire teeth

Wight armour - see below.

Cloudy Feather
cloudy feather.png

Sprites by @Ultimatefoka
Drop-rate: 2.5 % from Cloudy vultures
Used in:

Cloudy Wings-
Slower than fishron, but flies further.
Crafting
1x Cloudy feather
20x Soul of Flight
30x Cloud blocks

Speed: 116.5% (same as harpy)
Height: 160 blocks

(drop from Tactical Patrol copter)
- A new endgame gun with more damage and less speed than the chain gun. Also it fires straight
58 base damage
11 usetime
8 velocity
4% critical strike chance
4 knock-back.

Plasma Bolt
plasmic bolt.png

Alternate sprite (to match the wight armour)
plasmic bolt green.png

(drop from sky wights.)
- think of the crystal storm and spectre staff put together, a very powerful magic weapon.
- sends out homing, ectoplasmic spirits 1-2 per shot (can't go through walls, doesn't bounce)
48 base damage
8 use-time
15 velocity
3 mana
6.6 knock-back

Rocket Battery
rocket battery.png

(drop from Tactical patrol copter)
-sends out rockets in rapid-fire succession, not homing or damage taken to player from explosion.
54 base damage
9 use-time
11 velocity
5.2 knock-back

STOLEN COPTER MOUNT
patrol copter.png

I personally think that mounts should be able to have their own unique weapon (instead of any, or none). So for this mount it would be a copter cannon, except a bit less powerful.
It would be a fast, flying mount with hovering capabilities. (Flying isnt infinite)

HARPY ARMOUR
harpy armour.png

Harpy crown
35 x Orb Essence
15 x Feathers
10 x Soul of Flight

14 Defense
22% increased ranged firing speed and damage

Harpy Chest
45 x Orb Essence
25 x Feathers
18 x Soul of Flight

25 Defense
9% Increased ranged crit strike chance
14% increased ranged damage

Harpy Feet
28 x Orb Essence
12 x Feathers
16 x Soul of Flight

19 Defense
25% increased movement speed
20% increased jump and flight height

Set bonus
50% chance not to consume ammo

SET STATS
58 defense
36% increased damage
25% increased movement speed
20% increased flight/ jump height
9% increased critical strike
22% increased ranged speed

WIGHT ARMOUR
wight armour enlarged.png

Wight Helm
15 Defense
20% increased magic damage

Crafting -
4x dead eye
35 x Orb Essence
6 x Vampire Teeth

Wight Robe
17 Defense
20% reduced mana usage

Crafting -
8 x Dead eye
40 x Orb Essence
10 x Vampire teeth

Wight Trail
13 Defense
20% increased magic critical strike chance

Crafting-
6 x Dead Eye
30 x Orb Essence
8 x Vampire Teeth

Set bonus: (1) each hit will spawn a translucent wight to attack your enemy. (Think horseman's blade mix orichalcum armour bonus)

Alternate set bonus: (2) striking an enemy will cause a buff called soul sucking. Simmillar to the beetle armour bonus. Your stats will go up by 1% after every hit. Maximum 20%.
Increasable stats - damage, crit strke chance, use time, mana reducage, knockback, life regen.

The stats and bonus of this set are open to suggestion.

-Time changer (better name needed)
The thing we have needed for sooo long!
Press t to open up the time menu. It will give an option to change the time to dusk, midnight, dawn, or noon. Events/bosses will dissapear if the time is moved backwards. As to stop constant frost moons etc.
This is a WIP, all suggestions are welcome. Please fill out the poll.

I put alot of thought into this to balance it as much as possible, but if you think it needs fixing, let me know.

Also, any SPRITES are needed.

Last edited:
Right, first of all, I'm not all that sure the Sky needs a Hardmode version, because much like the Ocean, getting to one (unless you're on a small word with wings) is rather unconventional. The fact that you don't really have any reason to stick around on a Floating Island after looting chests besides waiting for Wyverns is intentional, if you ask me.

Now, after glancing at the stats of the new monsters, it seems to me that those enemies are all that strong for a Pumpkin-tier character. That would make getting those items more of a grind than a challenge (especially that Copter. 1000 health and 40 defense? Bit like a buffed Eyezor).

Lifesteal becomes incredibly risky business post-Plantera, just look at the nerfing the Spectre Armour got. If you could lifesteal with the Razorpine while wearing a Spectre Mask, well, you get the idea. 2 minutes is also rather short for such an expensive potion. Also, I doubt rangers need lifesteal because they are sort of supposed to stay out of harms way, and therefore don't get hit often and are more likely to use other ammo.

About the Cloudy Wings I'll just say from purely my own opinion that speed > range, especially when you are dealing with fast moving bosses. But opinion may be divided on the subject.

The S.D.M.G. with its current stats will do more damage that the Copter Cannon, which in my opinion has a pretty high useTime aside from everything else.

The Plasma Bolt is basically the Bat Scepter on steroids, as far as I'm concerned. It needs a nerf.

6 useTime on a Rocket Launcher is immense (Unreal Megashark speed) and might cause lag on some machines, that really needs to go up to at least 12.

I disagree with the suggestion that mounts should have their own weapons, they should solely be used for transportation IMO (or mining, as soon as 1.3 hits). Also, does it fly indefinitely? Because that would be OP.

Now the armour sets. First of all, those Orb Essence amounts are rather high. If you get 25 Orb Essence per orb (which is a best case scenario) and you have 80% chance to get an orb on smashing a Demon Altar, you effectively need to shatter 11 Demon Altars. Quite a lot, IMO.

That Harpy Armour coupled with a Megashark/Chaingun, Ammo Box and Ammo Reservation Potion will give you a 84% chance not to consume ammo. That really is too much. 22% increased firing speed (twice an Unreal Modifier), 25% extra movement speed and 20% increased jump and flight height are also disproportionally strong in my opinion.

30% increased magic damage, 30% reduced mana usage and a flat 30% increase to critical strike is really OP. I also don't see how the first set bonus complements all of it: if you do more damage, you get less hits in. The second set bonus is also way too powerful: 20 hits is incredibly easy with some weapons and a total of 50% bonus damage, 50% bonus critical strike chance, 20% lower use time, 50% mana usage reduction, 20% knockback increase and 20% increased life regen without any accessories or buffs is just OP. Sorry, but that needs a massive rework.

Overall there is a lot of balancing to be done, but I'm still not sure whether or not the sky needs Hardmode.

Ok, i got some balancing to do.
Lower damage increase on wight armour.
Lower speed on rocket battery.
Shroomite armour is OP, and so is Beetle, with the defense or the increased speed and damage. So i dont think the harpy armour change is too neccessary, maybe just lower stats a bit.
Cloud wings are like an alternate fishron, it depends pon what you are looking for.
Stolen copter doesn't fly indefintely.
The red potion will be difficult to craft and doesnt last long on purpose, also i should change it to 3 or 4% lifesteal.
(Ranged technically can heal with a bow, holy arrows, and spectre armour)
Think about the mobs in the pumpkin moon for damage and hp, i was going along that tier. But i will lower the copter.
I will change spawn rate of orbs to 100% considering i smash about 20 altars per world x 20 = 400 orb essence (more than enough) so time to make some changes. Remember this is meant to be endgame though, stuff will be powerful and difficult to get.

Ive changed it up a bit. This tier is 1 before lunar/ cthulhu/ whatever the next tier is. It hopefully will seem a bit more balanced now.

i like it a lot. the sky is kind of boring and the wyvern is somnetimes a douche when he comes down when you are trying to avoid pumpking or ice queen. so yea, more stuff to do with the sky sounds awesome.

I have added a couple of sprites for the armour, I hope anyone looking at the thread likes them. (Don't be too harsh please, they are my first sprites)

here are my sprites for the cloud Harpy!! :D I think they look very pretty :D Cloud Vulture (2) v1.0.png Cloud Vulture v1.0.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1420672624][/DOUBLEPOST]also the armors you pixeld look very Good!!

The Plasma Bolt should do less base Damage (36-42 would be better per Projectile because they go through walls and are homing)

how come thoose posts do not merge? that is why there are the dounle posts, to prevent spam, like that.

EDIT: there is a small ''edit'' button that allows you to change something.

The Plasma Bolt should do less base Damage (36-42 would be better per Projectile because they go through walls and are homing)
Plasma bolt is like a really fast firing bat scepter with more damage, however it doesn't go through walls. and only shoots 1-2 projectiles at once.
Also thanks for the sprites, they have all been added in except for the vampire bullet, which I had a different idea about and am currently working on.

soooooooooo when is your next stream? did i missed the treams or did you even made a stream?
Im not sure tho and I want to watch your streams :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1420900341][/DOUBLEPOST]Stream*

Back
Top Bottom