Sprites The Infestation (Alternate Corruption)

Wow. I've read all these alternate biome suggestions, and some of them are pretty amazing, but I like this the most, even ahead of the cyber. It fits perfectly, and that biome weapon is genius.

One thing, which I know is very minor, but could the mimic weapons be a little underpowered? 42 mana is a lot for a one hit (albeit area damage) spore, and 21 use time with 29 damage does seem a little small for a powerful enemy.

Of course, those are almost insignificant. Again, well done, what a brilliant suggestion!

what exactly is the flatworm? is in an accessory? and what does it do other than remove healing effects?
It's an accessory. And that's all it does. It's a thematic item rather than a functional one. It's only purpose is to make the game harder, and you don't have to equip it.

It's a nice quirky item if someone wants to do a Flatworm Hardcore run or something.

*** Update! ***

I've added anchors to each category. There are now links in each category to help you navigate the entire suggestion! Woot!

*** Update! ***

Second update today. Added the last of the missing sprites;
zz3R6jb.png

howTno7.png

KQvyoIU.png

nN8zira.png

This should finalize the suggestion.

I'll keep making some updates to it, but nothing essential. Update plans include; concept biome layout, banner code, and (if I have time) some concept art depicting The Infestation. Thanks for the support!

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Amazing! There are special mimics, which means this is updated to 1.3. Keep in mind 1.3 removes key molds and now there are just keys. Plus, is there info about the boss yet, for some reason I could not find it if it there.
EDIT: Found the bosses, just did not scroll down far enough

Last edited:
Super Amazing! There are special mimics, which means this is updated to 1.3. Keep in mind 1.3 removes key molds and now there are just keys. Plus, is there info about the boss yet, for some reason I could not find it if it there.
EDIT: Found the bosses, just did not scroll down far enough
Oh right! I forget about the key changes all the time. Eh, it can stay up there anyways -- I made the sprite, it might as well get some face time :dryadgrin:

Damn. Great sprites, great idea, great theme, and great backstory.
I'd love to have this, and see how it would affect the game.

Support.

"Embryo Loot"
uhh I don't feel like I should know that part-
Anyways, wow, those look amazing, the Bosses look amazing.

Good sprites?: Check.
good enemies?: Check.
good equipment?: Check.
good pre-hardmode boss?: Check.
good hardmode boss?: Check.
good music?: HELL NO.
overall: This has to be added
Comment:
I love the idea overall, but get that Lavender town music bull, outta my face.

Good sprites?: Check.
good enemies?: Check.
good equipment?: Check.
good pre-hardmode boss?: Check.
good hardmode boss?: Check.
overall: This has to be added
Comment:
I love the idea overall, but get that Lavender town music bull, outta my face.
Really? In my opinion, its awfully fitting for the biome.
[DOUBLEPOST=1451870150,1451869920][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually, theres one nitpick I have with this thread, and its this quote from the angler.

Angler said:
I heard a rumor about a fish that is actually immune to The Infestation! If it's true, studying it could help save us all -- please find one!
PBo7uEq.png
It isn't exactly very fitting for the angler at all.

[DOUBLEPOST=1451870150,1451869920][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually, theres one nitpick I have with this thread, and its this quote from the angler.

Angler said:
I heard a rumor about a fish that is actually immune to The Infestation! If it's true, studying it could help save us all -- please find one!
PBo7uEq.png

Agreed. Why would the angler want to save humanity while he makes you slave away catching fish for you and not even thanking you!

... but get that Lavender town music bull, outta my face.

Angler said:
PBo7uEq.png

Agreed. Why would the angler want to save humanity while he makes you slave away catching fish for you and not even thanking you!

Allow me to direct you to the disclaimer.
This is a suggestion. And as such does not assume anything definitively.
Remember that everything here, as part of the suggestion, is provided as a means to provide illustration for the concept that is The Infestation -- not actuality. The music is conceptual, it wouldn''t literally be the Lavender Town track provided. The phrases are conceptual, they wouldn't literally be what I've written.

The take away is the idea and the feel as a means to envision and imagine the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom