The Land of the Dead (Text Adventure)

“Uhhg d*** dreams. Whatever you know what I don’t care! I’m going to that alferd guy or whatever and getting wine, grabbing a good book then sitting on this couch to relax.” I say to myself planning ahead. “Ok to the wine cellar wherever that is if there even is one” I say going up the stairs to the room above.

~~~~Radio~~~~
Now Playing: Blue Oyster Cult - Don’t fear the reaper

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/301 LVL: 2
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Roadside
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 199/200 LVL: 1

Fred and Greyton stare at the wall ruins, the Symbols look nothing like any sort of language from earth.

As Greyton still continues to stare at the grave, fred investigates the grave, he wipes the dust off of it and notices no name or anything, but some odd round parts to the grave and several carved lines. Realizing there isn’t much else to do here, Fred and Greyton prepare to set off
???: HOW DARE YOU JUST TOUCH ME AND THEN LEAVE, I REALLY THOUGHT I WAS IN FOR A GOOD TIME, BUT THEN YOU JUST UP AND LEAVE?!
Greyton and Fred turn around to see the grave stand up, the round things glow and turn into eyes, the grave now also has legs
Mobile Grave: I’LL CRUSH YOU FOR LEADING ME ON LIKE THIS!

The Mobile Grave draws near!
Mobile%20Grave.gif

~~~~Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 250/250 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair Room

Varvin goes up the stairs to search for a wine cellar, he enters a hallway with several broken flower pots, a window and a highly reflective floor with a black and white checkered pattern. Outside the window is a seemingly sea of trees. Varvin moves on to continue searching for a wine cellar. He enters a large foyer, down the stairs is an area with plenty of carpet and several couches. It seems that the front door has a very heavy couch in front of it preventing the ability to leave. There are two other doors though, a door straight across from where varvin was, but it seems to be heavily barred up for some reason…

There is also a door to Varvins left, seeing as there is nothing else to gain from just standing around in here, he heads in and finds another hallway with nothing in it. He continues.
As he continues through the hall and enters the next room, he notices that it has fancy carpet, reflective floor and is a large room with a large staircase. As well as a large chandelier. There is a door under where the stairs lead, and another door upstairs.

He looks around the room and notices that Phaedra guy, sitting on the couch. The room also has 3 skeletons dressed as maids cleaning, and a jackal-like humanoid trying to talk to one.

~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair room.

Magnus walks over to a skeleton maid and asks about the castle and a way to leave it.
The Maid does not respond, it seems to only know how to clean.
Magnus continues trying to speak to him but to no avail, suddenly, Magnus hears a noise and looks over to the left side of the room. He thinks he is hallucinating due to him seeing only a mans reflective in the floor on the other side of the room skulking around.

The door that the two came from opens up as Phaedra notices that Varvin walks in. you two just can’t get away from each other huh?

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 140/200
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Church of the Reaper

Brother Garrun: 110/200
VS
Ghoul A: 14/50
Ghoul B: 50/50

Brother Garrun punches the Ghoul in the face, it did 14 damage. Ghoul A stumbles back and lets out a howl of pain.
Ghoul B Swipes it’s claws! It did 30 damage!

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Truce Town

Tingler walks into the Mcdonalds, a bored looking vampire is seen wearing a mcdonalds uniform, he looks like he is about the age of late teens-early adult, and for some reason, Tingler can feel like he just wasted his life.
Falon: Welcome to the Truce Town Mcdonalds™, home of the famous Chicken Mcnuggets® and the Happy Meal©

Can i take your orders?

Chicken Mcnuggets: 10 DT “We have too many of these, chickens are very common here in this world it seems.” Small nuggets made from Chicken, Delicious but probably not too healthy for you, good thing you are dead! Restores 60 HP
Big Mac: 25 DT “It’s really just a big sandwich, but we slapped a unique name on it and now everyone always wants one.” A big sandwich, it’s not the best but times are tough when you only have 20 dollars. Restores 50 HP, can inflict [Diabeetus] On non undead. Because of this you may forcefully feed it to a foe.
Happy Meal: 30 DT “A small box that we just crammed some scraps from the other meals in, we also paid larry, our unpaid intern to spend about 2 months in his basement making these cheaply made plastic toys that come with it.” A box filled with leftover mcnuggets and an almost all the way eaten Big Mac, HP Restoration varies, will give you one of 10 collectable cheaply made toys.
Milk Shake: 30 DT “Perfect for when it’s 2 AM and you got nothing else better to do with your life.” A cup of chocolate shake, drink to give yourself Ice immunity for 6 turns, Don’t ask me how it works.
Salad: 1 DT “No one comes here to eat these. No One.” A gross salad not even made from real vegetables, Eat at your own risk.

~~~~Dollie (@Sky High)~~~~
HP: 200/200 LVL: 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First floor broom closet

Dollie manages to open the present, inside was the BFG 9000, Dollie has no idea what it is and it’s amazingly heavy. But there might still be a way to take it with you somehow through the magic or non logical inventory spaces!

With a weapon that you can't even use now belonging to you, what now?

The Mobile Grave decides to crush Fred, because he is being an edgy boy, and he needs some flattening out.
◄►◄►◄►
The ghouls continue their mindless attacking of Brother Garrun.

"I bet Dollie would love to use this... where'd you go, silly girl?"

Dollie hauls along the BFG, still unaware of her current situation, and rams don the door to the broom closet with it.

"DId I drop you over here?"

I unsheathe Armageddon and dash towards them “YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY FROM ME! IF SO YOU WILL DIE A FOOL!” I yell as I raise Armageddon for a slash.

~~~~Radio~~~~
Now Playing: Roy Brown - Butcher Pete part 1

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/301 LVL: 2
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 199/200 LVL: 1

Greyton: 274/301
Fred: 79/200
VS
Mobile Grave: 300/300

Greyton winds up a good punch and smashes it against the mobile grave, it did 30 damage. The grave was not stunned.
Fred fires his pistol, it bounces off the stone surface that is the mobile grave.

The Mobile grave charges up and runs at fred, then trips and falls on top of him!
It did 120 damage.
The Mobile Grave manages to get up and stumbles backwards, slightly dizzy from it’s fall.

Fred’s condition is getting low.
The Mobile Grave seems proud of it’s crushing attack.

~~~~Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 250/250 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair Room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair room
~~~And~~~
~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Stair room.

Phaedra more or less pulls magnus up the stairs realizing that Varvin is here, and to Phaedra's annoyance, the upstairs door is locked… leaving only one path in this room. GREAT!

Stomping noises are heard as Varvin charges up the stairs with sword in hand, and intent on killing. But right before he attacks, a loud noise of a pot breaking is heard. All three look in the direction of where it came from to see a broken pot on the reflective floor, and a man's reflection quickly exiting the room while laughing.

The three skeleton maids look at the pot, turn to the three up the stairs and screech like angered banshees as they dash up the stairs towards the two vamps and anubis.

3 Skeleton Maids draw near!

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 140/200
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Church of the Reaper

Brother Garrun: 110/200
VS
Ghoul A: 0/50
Ghoul B: 50/50

Garrun attacks Ghoul A one last time, it did 16 damage, the Ghoul is defeated!
Ghoul B stares at Ghoul A’s corpse, it suddenly leaps onto it and starts eating it in a similar way that i eat when i go to a japanese all you can eat buffet.
Ghoul B’s turn was wasted.

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Truce Town

Falon starts rapidly writing everything down

Falon: Alright 2 number 9s.. A number 9 large, A number 6… with extra dip? What dip?! A number 7.. TWO number 45s, one with cheese?! DO WE EVEN HAVE A NUMBER 45?! And a large soda, but what kind.. Oh to hell with it i’ll make it a pepsi.

We do have a pay up front policy, so with an order like that it would come up to about 450 DT.

~~~~Dollie (@Sky High)~~~~
HP: 200/200 LVL: 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First floor L Hallway

Dollie utterly destroys the broom closet door instead of opening it normally. She is in an L shaped hallway. The path right in front of her has several decorative suits of armor, and a doorway. The path to her right is outright just a door there is also a window nearby and several floating sheet-ghost looking things making squeaking noises, they don’t seem to be bothered by your presence.

Dollie also hears what sounds like some talking and a couple of screeches from the otherside of the door to her right.

The 'living' ghoul continues eating at the dead ghoul...(I think that's what the ghoul would be doing, take an opportunity to take advantage of it)
◄►◄►◄►
After a few seconds of flexing it's legs from that awe-inspiring crushing attack, it goes for another crushing attack on Fred.
<------- Meanwhile, hardcore luchadore vibes are being superimposed by this guy's arguably too wild of an imagination.
◄►◄►◄►
Skeleton Maids A & B cast Buff on Skeleton Maids A & C.
Skeleton Maid C goes for a broom attack on Varvin.

Some interesting info, from an outsider viewing perspective, It would seem like all their aggression is focused on him at the moment, due to him being the closest one to the mess at the time, do with this information what you will, because it would apply to an insider perspective too.

Back
Top Bottom