The Last Post Wins!

Seems like the chain isn't gonna be loosening that easily.
Maybe it really is just better to give up and hope Erven will be okay...
Wow. Pol and Ver, a pair of guardians of literally all of existence, straight up leaving a guy in trouble?
We can literally go around in time to where we’re needed.
You’re gonna have to work a bit harder than that to get them to leave.

Pol then looks over at Desire, this time looking through their memories to see how to get the chain off Erven.
<<Antasy?>>
<<...how do we free Erven?>>

Wow. Pol and Ver, a pair of guardians of literally all of existence, straight up leaving a guy in trouble?
We can literally go around in time to where we’re needed.
You’re gonna have to work a bit harder than that to get them to leave.

Pol then looks over at Desire, this time looking through their memories to see how to get the chain off Erven.
It doesn't seem like there's any easy methods right now...
And he won't be doing it himself.
<<Antasy?>>
<<...how do we free Erven?>>
_How am I supposed to know?_

It doesn't seem like there's any easy methods right now...
And he won't be doing it himself.
Pol decides to read Desire's memories again, this time to see if destroying Desire will get rid of the chains.
<Bit extreme, but it's either that or mind control them into getting rid of the chains at this point.>
<...unless I can overcome the chaos this place is under...>

_How am I supposed to know?_
<<Just got the impression that you were enemies or something. Thought you'd know something we don't.>>
<<My mistake.>>

Ver's mech walks up to Desire, looming over them.
"...looks like you've lost, dragon."
<<Desire, Ver.>>
"...Desire."

"I take it you're not going to give up."
"You don't seem like the sort to do that."

(...)
(*Cough*. You need control over one or both of the guardians or something for what's coming next?)

Pol decides to read Desire's memories again, this time to see if destroying Desire will get rid of the chains.
<Bit extreme, but it's either that or mind control them into getting rid of the chains at this point.>
<...unless I can overcome the chaos this place is under...>

<<Just got the impression that you were enemies or something. Thought you'd know something we don't.>>
<<My mistake.>>
_The only reason I came here was to help get Esther back. I barely know anything about Desire._
Ver's mech walks up to Desire, looming over them.
"...looks like you've lost, dragon."
<<Desire, Ver.>>
"...Desire."

"I take it you're not going to give up."
"You don't seem like the sort to do that."

(...)
(*Cough*. You need control over one or both of the guardians or something for what's coming next?)
(I'm not sure what you mean, but as you should know by now I do not like controlling someone else's character. Also, we're not killing Desire off. Or mind controlling him. Just no.)

_The only reason I came here was to help get Esther back. I barely know anything about Desire._
<<...they've left already. They're fine.>>
<<We're just not leaving anyone behind.>>

(I'm not sure what you mean, but as you should know by now I do not like controlling someone else's character. Also, we're not killing Desire off. Or mind controlling him. Just no.)
(Don't worry, don't worry.)
(Got a little something in mind to stop the killing part, even if the guardians can bring Desire back. And of course, the mind control can just be no selled on Desire's part.)
(Juust letting the guardians do what they would do.)
(...)
(Is Desire seriously powerless in this situation now then? I was thinking of what Desire might try to do to turn the tables, even if I'm not sure on the 'how'. Hence why I asked, in case Desire tried to mind-control Pol or Ver somehow.)

<<...they've left already. They're fine.>>
<<We're just not leaving anyone behind.>>

(Don't worry, don't worry.)
(Got a little something in mind to stop the killing part, even if the guardians can bring Desire back. And of course, the mind control can just be no selled on Desire's part.)
(Juust letting the guardians do what they would do.)
(...)
(Is Desire seriously powerless in this situation now then? I was thinking of what Desire might try to do to turn the tables, even if I'm not sure on the 'how'. Hence why I asked, in case Desire tried to mind-control Pol or Ver somehow.)
(The no magic thingy you set up: )
(One moment and I'll be there.)
Mean
while...
*Internally*

<So...>
<?>
<As you would say it, outta my way.>
<Wha->

(The no magic thingy you set up: )
(...Desire's thwarted by a literal. Anti-magic cone. From DnD.)
(Literally. The ability of a DnD monster, nowhere near the power of a god, screws Desire over because they can't straight up ignore it despite...)
(...)
(*Inhales*)
(Power scaling is really outta whack here, huh?)

(One moment and I'll be there.)
Mean
while...
*Internally*

<So...>
<?>
<As you would say it, outta my way.>
<Wha->
(...wha.)

<<...OH COME ON, MYRITION. ARE YOU LITERALLY GOING TO TRY AND HELP DESIRE!?>>
AND SUCCEED BECAUSE WE HAD RNG THROWN OUT THE WINDOW!?

Ver dismounts their mech, coming down as a familiar, vaguely demonic-looking humanoid figure in a black cloak. They then walk up to Desire.
"...you're really not going to make this very easy at all, aren't you."

(...Desire's thwarted by a literal. Anti-magic cone. From DnD.)
(Literally. The ability of a DnD monster, nowhere near the power of a god, screws Desire over because they can't straight up ignore it despite...)
(...)
(*Inhales*)
(Power scaling is really outta whack here, huh?)
(Dude, how the :red: am I supposed to think of a way to ignore an anti magic field?!)
(...wha.)

<<...OH COME ON, MYRITION. ARE YOU LITERALLY GOING TO TRY AND HELP DESIRE!?>>
AND SUCCEED BECAUSE WE HAD RNG THROWN OUT THE WINDOW!?

Ver dismounts their mech, coming down as a familiar, vaguely demonic-looking humanoid figure in a black cloak. They then walk up to Desire.
"...you're really not going to make this very easy at all, aren't you."
_..._
Myrition quickly teleports back to the room using a wormhole potion, and immediately summons a sand tornado.

And while RNG might not be a thing anymore...
*enters config, turns off mana regen*
Myrition gets surrounded by a light green aura (my text color specifically). Those effects will be noticed later.

(one sec lemme see what my mana setup total is like rn)

(Dude, how the :red: am I supposed to think of a way to ignore an anti magic field?!)

_..._
Myrition quickly teleports back to the room using a wormhole potion, and immediately summons a sand tornado.

Myrition gets surrounded by a light green aura (my text color specifically). Those effects will be noticed later.

(wait we've turned off RNG stuff?)

(...)
(Desire seems pretty unique as a powerful void spirit [whatchamacallit], AKA a void shaper.)
(I'm pretty sure their magic is quite unlike 99% of normal DnD stuff. There's..not really different ways to ignore something. It's mainly how that can be.)
(Not gonna lie, it'd make sense for Desire to ignore it...IG.)

_..._

<...oh.>
Pol notices Myrition, and immediately starts moving back.

Ver looks at Myrition as well.

...is that text colour Pen's?

(yes because RNG was being quite the :red: to me.)

(Another thing, Banana.)
(I do not, never have, and likely never will play DnD. Using stuff from it against me isn't exactly very fun when I have no experience with it.)
(Sorry about that. Neither have I, tbf.)
(Seriously, sorry about all of this. I accept responsibility for whatever the heck this has turned into.)
(Some mistakes were made on my part.)

(...)
(Desire seems pretty unique as a powerful void spirit [whatchamacallit], AKA a void shaper.)
(I'm pretty sure their magic is quite unlike 99% of normal DnD stuff. There's..not really different ways to ignore something. It's mainly how that can be.)
(Not gonna lie, it'd make sense for Desire to ignore it...IG.)
(...fine.)
<...oh.>
Pol notices Myrition, and immediately starts moving back.

Ver looks at Myrition as well.

...is that text colour Pen's?
Ye, is me
(Sorry about that. Neither have I, tbf.)
(Seriously, sorry about all of this. I accept responsibility for whatever the heck this has turned into.)
(Some mistakes were made on my part.)
(I should be taking responsibility for having literally no temper right now.)

(...fine.)

Ye, is me
*Sighs*
Welp. If us practically-divinity are allowed to interfere now, no matter how much of a copout it may be...
*Snap*
There. Now the importance shift should further tip the scales in your favour.

<...>
<Wait...>
<
When did this much importance get in here?>

Pol looks about, as the room apparently starts to destabilise...
...the reason they let so many horrible, yet important things happen, happens to be on its way.

Ver looks around in a panic too.
<<...we need to get out of here Pol.>>
<<I can tell.>>

<<...well. Guess our time here's up, Erven.>>
<<...don't get screwed over, alright?>>
<<...I only hope it isn't too late by the time you get through whatever Desire has planned for you.>>

(I should be taking responsibility for having literally no temper right now.)
(Then we both deal with it and do what we can now that the mistakes have been made.)

*Sighs*
Welp. If us practically-divinity are allowed to interfere now, no matter how much of a copout it may be...
*Snap*
There. Now the importance shift should further tip the scales in your favour.
(*Ahem ahem* literally the only times where Pen and Era interfere is to balance things out, such as Myrition's ability to spam tornados because his mana keeps regenerating beween them.)

Back
Top Bottom