The Last Post Wins!

The latter right now
it would just make sense for there to be other methods, especially considering I have one character (Ellion) who is implied to have a partially disconnected soul basically permanently (As he can't learn magic and has very little emotion all the time), but who very likely has never even seen a void mage before

also with the way I plan to have combination types work, technically Asuri could protect herself or her friends against Malis, as long as she recognizes a void spell quickly enough to intercept it with an ice spell, which would turn it into a force spell, which would disconnect the soul of whoever gets hit (if someone were to get hit in the first place) rather than damage it, which in turn would protect it from further damage
wouldn't work if Malis were to use darksoul magic though, sadly
but still something to think about considering how fast Asuri can be
Technically Xene actually has more powerful Shadow Magic than Malis does, though it isn't that big of a difference
Xene has just practiced
a lot
Well technically it can also work in their favor, if they need to resort to countering Malis' shadow magic with more powerful shadow magic
they'd just need to be good enough at convincing enemies to help out to convince Xene to help out
which in reality means: Just find Atu and leave the convincing to her-
If there's time to burn then there's also the option of using the sorta-redeemed bad guy to fight the not-redeemed bad guy
Fall technically could beat Xene in terms of shadow magic power, he just needs time to set up a strong enough crystal to pull it off

Atu is a literal child and she would be quite likely to successfully convince Xene.
Anyway back to that thing about Asuri technically having a way to panic-defend her friends
one thing that helps is that she knows how to recognize void spells and several other magic types as well
before she got involved in the battle against Malis, she was a magic researcher
she still does that if she has the time, too

My unova lore stuff team is honestly my favorite regional team so far, and that's saying a lot
because the loadout is essentially:
Too forgiving for their own good
C H I L
The guy who tries to be a loner but is really bad at it
and the guy who somehow befriended his trainer's enemy later on

Looking forward to starting the kalos lore stuff though, because that loadout is
f r e n
tiny smart-:red:
the loner again
and one very polite zappy fox
yep

They are
they really are
f r e n is a character returning from my original lore, too
the kalos group will also include some of the pokemon from my pokemon sword team, including another girl that is too nice for her own good, someone that is too good at confusing people by accident, the other forms of the foxo, and more.
And it'll also include Arvy the Mew from my brilliant diamond team (canonically owned by my lets go eevee trainer) and evolved shiny foxo
Each of my lore teams/groups for the pokemon anime lore stuff so far has had at least one member return from the previous region, too, except Kanto and Johto because of some details.
Kanto and Johto, Esther only really helps Ash and co from hiding with Via along for the ride.
Hoenn, technically Via returns but she stays out of the group.
Sinnoh, Peronell and Nivora from the Hoenn team head to the region on their own in case their help is needed.
Unova, Signa and Jano (the latter of which joins the Sinnoh Team at some point) head to the region on their own, and Jano ends up joining the group for a currently undetermined amount of time after perhaps accidentally getting in Seret's way?
Kalos, Clarel from the unova team rejoins Esther's team later on.
And for Alola my plan is to have Koru from the Kalos team be Esther's starting member for the Alola team.
Also here's a quick fun fact about Jano
his name is based on Servine's Japanese name
index.php
I honestly do love all of the regional teams and their members btw
the interesting thing is that the Hoenn team has known each other and Esther for quite a bit longer than the other teams, because that team was set up during a past adventure
though Ilara and Alen have also known Esther for longer than the rest of their respective teams, Ilara because past adventure and Alen because long-time fren
Alen's return is probably the thing I'm looking forward to the absolute most for the early kalos lore stuff, because it'll be one of those rare times where Esther temporarily breaks character and shows actual genuine happi
mhm
it's just rare for Esther to show genuine happi outside of Seabreeze
but she wouldn't care about being her current-day calm self
she'd be genuinely happi to see Alen again
that's like one of my favorite details about Esther as a Pokemon trainer
she has an affinity for water types yes
but she has some incredibly strong bonds with the three rock types that she's owned (Milo, Everest, and Alen)
Also funny is how she's canonically had like 3 pseudo-legendaries so far (Tyranitar, Hydreigon, and post-Buck Hill Goodra (because I do plan to have the Buck Hill team members evolve during the plotline, which will probably also mean the BH team will be one of the strongest full teams any of my characters has had (as it has 2 pseudos (Hydreigon and Goodra) and 1 legendary (Lunala))
Esther does not at all care about being the best trainer out there or winning any leagues
She became a Pokemon Trainer because she wasn't confident that she could take on the enemies she'd face alone
So here's yet another fact about Esther as a Pokemon Trainer
there are currently no known members of her team (including ones that she released later) that were caught after a battle that wasn't requested by the Pokemon themselves, and a lot of her known team members (including released ones) joined without a battle to begin with, for example after she helped them in some way
I am so sorry for the quote wall in there

okay
now that i'm done with oneshot, i literally can't open the game anymore
SO...
*opens the folder with the install command in it*
unless there's another way to replay the game, in that case idk

Also I would want to think about that elemental alignment thing for the Arcana
but I can't think of anything
and I don't have the time to work on the planned lore story involving Arcana lore stuff mainly the Pokemon reference

PFQ
I really didn't need this much armor
I haven't developed the other Knights of Arlea enough yet
1687719323820.png

on another note which of my Pokemon OCs with known lore/backstory stuff (including Ferrum even though I don't have her backstory in an easy to find spot rn) would you guys expect to have armor?

bold of you to assume i haven't already committed several war crimes

aw man
uhhh idk then
If you want to ask about a specific OC's lore please do
I have a lot of my characters in the RP character fields, but you will need to enable Quality of Life in the options to see all the pokemon in the fields as I stack them most of the time

Back
Top Bottom