Single Thread RP The Last ROLEPLAY Post Wins

Zarenth loses his grip on the axe, leaving it wedged loosely in Lightning's head.

(9) He sparks heavily as his torso armor buckles and creaks, cracks beginning to form, but the frame still holding strong.

He draws his second pistol with the other hand, aiming towards Lightning's eye shakily as he charges and fires a somewhat potent bolt from his pistol. (2).. likely missing due to all of his jostling from being electrocuted.

"..."

"You wish to be entertained.."

His body begins to grow incredibly hot, powerful coral arcs beginning to trace across his body and lash at random in Lightning's mouth, likely several thousand degrees hotter than the previous small thruster fires. (14)
(8)
Lightning winces, trying to endure the heat but eventually letting go of Zarenth and backing off from the heat.
"Well that's something. Oh, you forgot this,"
She then reaches and pulls the axe out from her snout while coiling up, before quickly lunging and snaking through the air, and bringing the axe down onto Zarenth. (14)

(2) The tail cleaves through the working tank and causes it to start trembling as it soon detonates in a large coral explosion, decimating about a dozen units..

This causes a chain reaction, annihilating the other tank which sputters out in a smaller explosion, taking out even more of the remaining forces.

Machine bits are everywhere, limbs twitching, legless machines crawling towards their weapons..

About a dozen damaged machines remain still functional, crawling about or weakly rising to their feet.

Another two dozen or so machines are still in good condition, a few heavy units intact as well..

They reform ranks behind the ruined tanks, firing in bursts while peeking out from behind the ruined tanks in a futile attempt to take down the dragon. Several small missiles and lots of simple laser pulses are fired at the huge beast. (3)

The damaged machines manage to grab onto some weapons, firing inaccurately from where they lay on the ground. (10-4=6)
The missiles and lasers seem to be ineffective, only singeing fur and dulling the colour of her scales.
As she leaps off to lunge at Zarenth, a massive burst of wind with the force of an explosion going off would spread out from where she pushes off the ground. (16 for any units within range)

Fluxxation Vs Daybreak:
-------------------------
In the chaos, the injured casters, regenerating, slowly begin to get up, regenerating slowly....

The reptilian, unsure of what to think, readies again to finish the job, starting by finishing off the damaged machines still attacking Lightning with laser shots and grenades, not finding them too quickly but probably trying to go unnoticed by the remaining ranks (D20: 6) as they crouch to crawl on 4's, getting rid of their machine gun and sword weapons for now.
(14) Unfortunately, his guerilla tactics don't exactly go unnoticed, he manages to finish off a few crippled machines, but it isn't long before some of the still intact machines manage to notice him, several beginning to fire on his position. (...20)

(8)
Lightning winces, trying to endure the heat but eventually letting go of Zarenth and backing off from the heat.
"Well that's something. Oh, you forgot this,"
She then reaches and pulls the axe out from her snout while coiling up, before quickly lunging and snaking through the air, and bringing the axe down onto Zarenth. (14)
(10) He tries to block, not doing horrible actually.. aside from the fact the dragon is a hell of a lot strong than him.

Instead of being cleaved in half, the blade is stopped halfway into the front of his face.

He quickly fires his thrusters backwards putting some solid distance between himself and Lightning.

He slowly rips the axe from his head, two of the lights off entirely, and the third flickering.

It clatters to the ground, shutting off as he drops it.

He puts his remaining pistol back in his holster.. standing still for a moment as he cools off from the massive coral spike.

The missiles and lasers seem to be ineffective, only singeing fur and dulling the colour of her scales.
As she leaps off to lunge at Zarenth, a massive burst of wind with the force of an explosion going off would spread out from where she pushes off the ground. (16 for any units within range)
(5) The remaining damaged units below are entirely destroyed by this.

Zarenth reaches to his face, curling his fingers into his frayed metal face before...

Ripping his entire face off, wires dangling as the inner mechanisms of his face are showing.

He drops it at his side, now grabbing his pistol again.

... A dim red light slowly ignites inside of the gaping wound.. similar lights appearing all across his body as he slowly uses his damaged thrusters to float up to the height of the dragon's eyes.

With a flash of red light, the dim glow inside of his ruined head ignites into a blazing dot of coral, directly in the center of his head.

A thin red haze begins to leak from his body, sparkling slightly as it drifts thickly through the air. Some sort of resonant chiming following..

Multiple thin lines click open along his back, followed by several incredibly long and thin beams of coral jetting out. Eight thrusters along his back, 4 on either side, and firing out coral beams the height of the machine. They look like wings.

Finally, he raises his damaged arm, the wrist and the cracks in the forearm glowing as the end of the severed wrist explodes outwards, a clawed hand, rough, sharp, and made of coral, erupting from the stump, the forearm partially encasing in the burning substance as well.

Zarenth looks at Lightning.

"Very well."

The coral hand suddenly morphs, bursting outwards into a long blade of coral, easily longer than Zarenth's height.

"As requested."

"That's good at least."
"...You all right though?"
"I need a moment, I have allowed the coral within my augmentations to put its full force on my body, allowing a brief partial symbiosis where I am able to feel the presence of other coral around me.. It is clouding to my augmented brain.. making complex thought difficult for a short while afterwards.."

He shakes his head again.

"All better."
He gives a very toothy and fake smile and then returns to his emotionless state.

It almost makes you wonder what sort of horrific treatment this test subject had..

(14) Unfortunately, his guerilla tactics don't exactly go unnoticed, he manages to finish off a few crippled machines, but it isn't long before some of the still intact machines manage to notice him, several beginning to fire on his position. (...20)
The reptilian takes too long to realise they’re being targeted (D20: 3 BD), so are blindsided by the barrage and only barely manage to get their forcefield up to mitigate…most of the damage as they try to retreat to safer ranges and find cover.

The forcefield just breaks a bit later, and a blast launches them right over to an earth wall, which they crawl behind to take cover.

(10) He tries to block, not doing horrible actually.. aside from the fact the dragon is a hell of a lot strong than him.

Instead of being cleaved in half, the blade is stopped halfway into the front of his face.

He quickly fires his thrusters backwards putting some solid distance between himself and Lightning.

He slowly rips the axe from his head, two of the lights off entirely, and the third flickering.

It clatters to the ground, shutting off as he drops it.

He puts his remaining pistol back in his holster.. standing still for a moment as he cools off from the massive coral spike.

(5) The remaining damaged units below are entirely destroyed by this.

Zarenth reaches to his face, curling his fingers into his frayed metal face before...

Ripping his entire face off, wires dangling as the inner mechanisms of his face are showing.

He drops it at his side, now grabbing his pistol again.

... A dim red light slowly ignites inside of the gaping wound.. similar lights appearing all across his body as he slowly uses his damaged thrusters to float up to the height of the dragon's eyes.

With a flash of red light, the dim glow inside of his ruined head ignites into a blazing dot of coral, directly in the center of his head.

A thin red haze begins to leak from his body, sparkling slightly as it drifts thickly through the air. Some sort of resonant chiming following..

Multiple thin lines click open along his back, followed by several incredibly long and thin beams of coral jetting out. Eight thrusters along his back, 4 on either side, and firing out coral beams the height of the machine. They look like wings.

Finally, he raises his damaged arm, the wrist and the cracks in the forearm glowing as the end of the severed wrist explodes outwards, a clawed hand, rough, sharp, and made of coral, erupting from the stump, the forearm partially encasing in the burning substance as well.

Zarenth looks at Lightning.

"Very well."

The coral hand suddenly morphs, bursting outwards into a long blade of coral, easily longer than Zarenth's height.

"As requested."
"Ah, good."
"Lightning" looks around at the destruction around her.
"...I'll be kind, you have the first move."

"I need a moment, I have allowed the coral within my augmentations to put its full force on my body, allowing a brief partial symbiosis where I am able to feel the presence of other coral around me.. It is clouding to my augmented brain.. making complex thought difficult for a short while afterwards.."

He shakes his head again.

"All better."
He gives a very toothy and fake smile and then returns to his emotionless state.

It almost makes you wonder what sort of horrific treatment this test subject had..
"That... sounds concerning. So if you lost control of that you'd go feral?"

"Ah, good."
"Lightning" looks around at the destruction around her.
"...I'll be kind, you have the first move."
Zarenth wordlessly looks at his damaged body, slowly looking over to his pistol..

he almost flashes to the side, near imperceptibly fast, traveling several dozen feet in the blink of an eye. Arcs of coral trace from his arm into the pistol before it fires a few seconds of a concentrated beam of the substance at Lightning, maybe 3-4 feet across in width. (19)

"That... sounds concerning. So if you lost control of that you'd go feral?"
"If it didn't kill me first..."

Zarenth wordlessly looks at his damaged body, slowly looking over to his pistol..

he almost flashes to the side, near imperceptibly fast, traveling several dozen feet in the blink of an eye. Arcs of coral trace from his arm into the pistol before it fires a few seconds of a concentrated beam of the substance at Lightning, maybe 3-4 feet across in width. (19)
(D20 = Nat 20)
Unfortunately for Zarenth, seems she's called Lightning for a reason, as the brief moment of looking at his pistol gave her time to anticipate the attack. The moment the beam fires she opens her mouth as her entire face gets covered in arcing electricity, and as the Coral beam closes she'd seem to nearly swallow it before instead firing back with her own larger beam of electricity, firing directly back at the source.
Lightning would then charge towards Zarenth while keeping the beam up, hoping the counter is enough to close the distance and go in for a grab. (D20 =13)

"If it didn't kill me first..."
"Ah. ...I see..."

Fluxxation Vs Daybreak: Electric Boogaloo
Sarah, coming to a moment after, sits up, recovering, hand immediately flitting towards her railgun. She tries to get up, and then winces when her side burns, burnt with flecks of Coral stuck to it. Sighing in pain, Sarah just relaxes a bit, lying down to watch Lightning as she takes a moment to regenerate.
<So…>
<This'll mark your first proper battle as a...hehe...>
<Titan in training...>
<...>
<Oh how far you've come..>

(D20 = Nat 20)
Unfortunately for Zarenth, seems she's called Lightning for a reason, as the brief moment of looking at his pistol gave her time to anticipate the attack. The moment the beam fires she opens her mouth as her entire face gets covered in arcing electricity, and as the Coral beam closes she'd seem to nearly swallow it before instead firing back with her own larger beam of electricity, firing directly back at the source.
Lightning would then charge towards Zarenth while keeping the beam up, hoping the counter is enough to close the distance and go in for a grab. (D20 =13)
(17) Zarenth's thrusters roar as he quickly evades to the side by a large margin.

He then simply blasts into the sky, vanishing aside from a small red dot after only a few seconds.

"... You are the lightning."

His coral bladed arm fizzles out.

"But I am the rain."

He then angles himself down at the dragon far below him, firing a massive array of blazing coral shots, much like small missiles, from himself.

It almost looks like a second sun from below.

(2 posts until the rain hits)

"And I am the thunder."

His back thrusters cut off entirely as he begins to fall gently towards the planet before...

A resonating boom as his thrusters blast downwards in their full power, Zarenth breaking the sound barrier in less than a second.

Traveling at this absurd speed, he attempts to slam both of his feet into thunder, aiming to slam them very very hard downwards, essentially using himself as a projectile. (8)

Even if missing, the impact will likely kick up debris..

"Ah. ...I see..."
Valthax just hovers back a bit, waiting on someone else to lead the charge.

Fluxxation Vs Daybreak: Electric Boogaloo
(17) Zarenth's thrusters roar as he quickly evades to the side by a large margin.

He then simply blasts into the sky, vanishing aside from a small red dot after only a few seconds.

"But I am the rain."

He then angles himself down at the dragon far below him, firing a massive array of blazing coral shots, much like small missiles, from himself.

"And I am the thunder."

His back thrusters cut off entirely as he begins to fall gently towards the planet before...

A resonating boom as his thrusters blast downwards in their full power, Zarenth breaking the sound barrier in less than a second.

Traveling at this absurd speed, he attempts to slam both of his feet into thunder, aiming to slam them very very hard downwards, essentially using himself as a projectile. (8)

<...>
<For...a small fry, you sure are holding your own well against her of all people...>
<Not bad at all..>
<Though. I wonder...>

Sarah snickers weakly to herself, still just lying down.

Meanwhile, the casters by the earth walls a bit away slowly get up to reassess their situation...

Furret Walk:
"...let's go then."
Draucon heads off in the direction Ayita pointed, waving for people to follow him.
Valthax slowly hovers along..
Ayita follows as well.
And Sirale does as well.
Ayita would be able to tell that it seems to be only a few metres left after they've walked for a bit,

"But I am the rain."

"And I am the thunder."

(D20 = Second nat 20, explains why SafeSearch has so many issues if Google likes giant dragons so much.)

"Now that's more like it."
And then Lightning stomps the ground as she bolts back out of the way, a long bolt of lightnining shooting up into Zarenth as he shoots down towards the ground. And the moment Zarenth impacts, a strong force of wind would redirect all of the flying debris back into him as well. (9)

(I swear orcha
everytime you post I get mildly annoyed about Noelle and Neutral being softlocked)

(They also have to restrain the latter every time)

Back
Top Bottom