Biomes & Nature The Ocean. [Awesome Update Idea]

unfortunately other people cant see the sprites becuz they where copied from our private conversation, so, here they are peoplz.

MaskView attachment 13565
HelmetView attachment 13563
HatView attachment 13567
anchient helmetView attachment 13566
Crystal CrusherView attachment 13564

and you should know the restView attachment 13568 View attachment 13569 View attachment 13561 View attachment 13562 View attachment 13570
All fixed! :D

Rain is valuable to some people though. Also don't certain mobs only appear in rain? Like the Ice Golem or Rainbow Slimes?
If one kills the Kraken I think it should have something to do with the ocean. If it's meant to unlock something then it could unlock say.. a "hidden" cavern locked with valuable treasure/loot or something? I guess that's not really original but I mean it's just an example so whatever.
I'll think about it, all I need is some free time to come up with new stuff so just give me time and I'll improve it!:)

At the moment, I'm kinda like The Fireroll, I'm not exactly sure where this would fit in. It looks great, and I definitely want it in, just not sure. Maybe, it could be a miniboss much like the snow golem. (He did say that it might have a random chance to spawn when raining and in the ocean biome I believe)
Im thinking of nerfing the Kraken and making it into an objective.
What i mean with that.
When you kill the kraken you get a buff : Kraken's Soul.
*stats*
Increases damage against mobs
Increases chances of getting rare drops from monters.
Bonus movement speed
Bonus Health regen
Bonus Mana regen
+
When about to take damage from projectiles a tentacle comes from the ground blocking it.

So you will mostly kill this guy before fighting something x10 times stronger than you.

Please let me know if I should add this to the main post.

All fixed! :D

I'll think about it, all I need is some free time to come up with new stuff so just give me time and I'll improve it!:)

Im thinking of nerfing the Kraken and making it into an objective.
What i mean with that.
When you kill the kraken you get a buff : Kraken's Soul.
*stats*
Increases damage against mobs
Increases chances of getting rare drops from monters.
Bonus movement speed
Bonus Health regen
Bonus Mana regen
+
When about to take damage from projectiles a tentacle comes from the ground blocking it.

So you will mostly kill this guy before fighting something x10 times stronger than you.

Please let me know if I should add this to the main post.
Thats a really interesting idea! Im not sure that it should be done with the kraken though. Maybe something that it drops? (because if hes a random spawn then that wont be useful, and even if he is something that you can summon, its going to just be annoying. I dont think we need yet another thing thats a drag before but maybe something like a potion or consumable item?) Also unless it only blocks a every so often (kinda like master ninja gear or full titanium?) the blocking tentacle is going to be OP. As I said, this looks really interesting! :D

Part of the issue with an ocean boss in hardmode is one already exists I am however all for an ocean revamp. Moreover Kraken suggestions are... exceedingly common not yet on the order of mechanical brain or a certain eldrich god, but getting there...
For game flow reasons I also wouldn't replace water chest as they are needed for current gear however a separate chest could be used for generated structures in the biome (This is used in the jungle already aka Ivy chest in Jungle shrines and Lizahard temple chests) Water chest gear quickly becomes outclassed so making it more tedious to find is poor design.

I'm also uneasy about the name for your armor as its eerily similar to something I've been working on though the similarity stops there

In fact have been meaning to post one for the last 3 Months as part of a large collaboration that effectively stopped happening under the stress of school work. The unfinished work (mainly need sprites and weapons ) Is full of enemies and scaled to hardmode dungeon tier. If It never gets finished I still have a massive amount of material included in the thread about 16 pages of stuff that I could let people who are intent on truly producing an expansive ocean biome

Part of the issue with an ocean boss in hardmode is one already exists I am however all for an ocean revamp. Moreover Kraken suggestions are... exceedingly common not yet on the order of mechanical brain or a certain eldrich god, but getting there...
For game flow reasons I also wouldn't replace water chest as they are needed for current gear however a separate chest could be used for generated structures in the biome (This is used in the jungle already aka Ivy chest in Jungle shrines and Lizahard temple chests) Water chest gear quickly becomes outclassed so making it more tedious to find is poor design.

I'm also uneasy about the name for your armor as its eerily similar to something I've been working on though the similarity stops there

In fact have been meaning to post one for the last 3 Months as part of a large collaboration that effectively stopped happening under the stress of school work. The unfinished work (mainly need sprites and weapons ) Is full of enemies and scaled to hardmode dungeon tier. If It never gets finished I still have a massive amount of material included in the thread about 16 pages of stuff that I could let people who are intent on truly producing an expansive ocean biome
As you said the water chest gear doesnt offer much, by replacing them with something hard to get will give unique loot that will help progress the game, also by adding new mechanics to the game like the Pirate ship will give more room to map makers and different strategies in pvp/pve battles.

About the armomr/ore it wasnt my idea, it was a suggestion from the community.

It does seem that kraken bosses are being used alot... in my suggestion (third link in my signature) used King Neptune but that's not much better.

As you said the water chest gear doesnt offer much, by replacing them with something hard to get will give unique loot that will help progress the game, also by adding new mechanics to the game like the Pirate ship will give more room to map makers and different strategies in pvp/pve battles.

About the armomr/ore it wasnt my idea, it was a suggestion from the community.
My argument is that you are effecting original loot generation. It would be far better to add a new chest type with a new loot pool rather than to destroy an existing option. By the time someone would be ready to find the pirate ship the gear would be outclassed...

Ocean really does need a revamp.

1) Yes, it needs to be bigger, in width as well. If you want the Pirate Ship item to have ANY effect at all.

2) I don't really like the pressure damage idea. Too much micromanaging stuff, and plus this is Terraria, where logic jumps off cliffs and flies away. However, if this WAS to be added, then the Neptune's Shell should be unaffected by it (because you're a magical fish being now okay)

3) Pirate Ship should be required for Kracken to spawn. Not sure if already in post because I really just skimmed it.

4) Now... on the Sunken Pirate Ships...
a) Shouldn't be pregenerated b/c it contains a hardmode horde summon item.
b) IMO shouldn't replace water chests.
c) Solution: Meteorite style generation, have a pirate ship occasionally crash (hell, you could have one "crash" the first pirate invasion, since they really need a reason to be so far inland...), generates a sunken ship in the ocean. Contains a Pirate Treasure Chest, has high chance of containing pirate map, golden furniture, some gold coins, gems, other random stuff. (I dunno, the loot was based off of logic, not balance.)

Have it built out of a new block called "Rotting wood" that can't be mined and dissapears over time. (Walls would be Rotting Wood walls and have same effects.)

... Reread first part, I need clarification on the pressure damage thing... do you mean you take more damage from enemies and other natural sources of damage or you take damage from the ocean itself?

Ocean really does need a revamp.

1) Yes, it needs to be bigger, in width as well. If you want the Pirate Ship item to have ANY effect at all.

2) I don't really like the pressure damage idea. Too much micromanaging stuff, and plus this is Terraria, where logic jumps off cliffs and flies away. However, if this WAS to be added, then the Neptune's Shell should be unaffected by it (because you're a magical fish being now okay)

3) Pirate Ship should be required for Kracken to spawn. Not sure if already in post because I really just skimmed it.

4) Now... on the Sunken Pirate Ships...
a) Shouldn't be pregenerated b/c it contains a hardmode horde summon item.
b) IMO shouldn't replace water chests.
c) Solution: Meteorite style generation, have a pirate ship occasionally crash (hell, you could have one "crash" the first pirate invasion, since they really need a reason to be so far inland...), generates a sunken ship in the ocean. Contains a Pirate Treasure Chest, has high chance of containing pirate map, golden furniture, some gold coins, gems, other random stuff. (I dunno, the loot was based off of logic, not balance.)

Have it built out of a new block called "Rotting wood" that can't be mined and dissapears over time. (Walls would be Rotting Wood walls and have same effects.)

... Reread first part, I need clarification on the pressure damage thing... do you mean you take more damage from enemies and other natural sources of damage or you take damage from the ocean itself?

[4] How about when you summon the pirate invasion near an ocean pirate ships can appear as well as a big pirate ship that when you destroy it sinks and becomes accessable. Then you can loot stuff.

Oh and about the pressure damage. The ocean itself hurts you like irl i guess. This is just to make the diving gear a little more usefull and i was thinking the deeper you go the more rare enemies you'll find so later in the game maybe some mobs drop good items. That's why you'll need to make a diving gear in order to encounter rare enemies and maybe structures who knows? :p

That's a REALLY cool idea, don't make the Kraken fly though. For enemies and critters, here's a few interesting sea creatures:

Goblin Shark (Smaller then a normal Shark, spawns very deep down)

Angler Fish (these would actually spawn at the bottoms of oceans now instead of just caves and jungles)

Dumbo Octopus (a peaceful critter)

Dolphin (Critter, maybe involve a way to 'tame' it which gives you it in item form as a mount?)

Megalodon (much larger then a normal shark, spawn rarely near the Pirate Ship post-Kraken)

Plesiosaur (critter, they spawn in the farther out open waters and hunt down smaller fish)

Liopleurodon (larger then a Shark but not as big as Megalodon, hostile. Maybe it could drop a vanity pet or mount? Would only be found very deep in the ocean)

That's a REALLY cool idea, don't make the Kraken fly though. For enemies and critters, here's a few interesting sea creatures:

Goblin Shark (Smaller then a normal Shark, spawns very deep down)

Angler Fish (these would actually spawn at the bottoms of oceans now instead of just caves and jungles)

Dumbo Octopus (a peaceful critter)

Dolphin (Critter, maybe involve a way to 'tame' it which gives you it in item form as a mount?)

Megalodon (much larger then a normal shark, spawn rarely near the Pirate Ship post-Kraken)

Plesiosaur (critter, they spawn in the farther out open waters and hunt down smaller fish)

Liopleurodon (larger then a Shark but not as big as Megalodon, hostile. Maybe it could drop a vanity pet or mount? Would only be found very deep in the ocean)
I think the kraken should be tough that's why I wanted it to fly.
About the fish

I really like your ideas... Im gonna need some specific stuff like how much health/dmg/speed and what drops they'll have
Other than that, thanks for helping out! ;D

I think the kraken should be tough that's why I wanted it to fly.
About the fish

I really like your ideas... Im gonna need some specific stuff like how much health/dmg/speed and what drops they'll have
Other than that, thanks for helping out! ;D
They're more just ideas for you to build off of, not proper suggestions :p Add and expand on them if you want.

Back
Top Bottom