Biomes & Nature The Orchard: A New Hardmode Biome

How is my Orchard?

• Total voters
I HAVE FIXED IT! I think... just take a look at it! :D
EDIT: It is not based on oranges anymore, rather fruit and it's an alt. to Hallow.

Last edited:
I must admit, I like this a lot more. The basic principle of plenty vs famine is a good idea. If I were you, I would make it a tad more generic. Lush trees with fruit, clear, blue water, deep green grass, etc. You could definitely go somewhere with this.

I like where this is going, needs eyecandy to make me read it all though. ;)
And i dont really like the "---------" layout, you should try something different, like this:

Theme
bla bla bla...

Mobs
bla bla...

Items

Other stuff

AAaaand what AI does the mobs use?

Last edited:
Even better now! Put in AI's, improved desc of debuff, version 0.4, spaced things, and put bold letters and separated the sections! I hope it's good to you guys now!

I like it so far, but to be honest, I wouldn't envision is as a hallow alt, or even a hardmode only biome. I kind of saw it as an orchard biome, possibly a field biome alt, when I read the title.
It's a great idea, and I probably will support it, I'm just saying you're giving me ideas :)

How about each enemy dropping their respective fruit? Maybe each fruit would have something special or unique about it? Also, what would replace the fairy bell? Would the Mechanical bosses drop a different type of bar?

I think a lemon grenade that inflicts "Sour" on enemies would be cool.

Lastly, the name "The Fruit" sounds kind of odd. How about "The Orchard?"

Alright! "The Orchard" it is! I will create the "Tartnade", and the bosses will drop a "Fruitsicle" Bar, instead of Hallowed. And the extra fruits too.

It's looking really good now, a fairy bell replacement is still necessary. Also, how about the message that you got The Orchard being "The spirits of harvest have blessed your world." or "The ancient spirits of fruit and harvest have been unleashed." Simply because "The land is becoming sweet but tart." seems rather odd to me.

Alright, I will make a new "Fairy Bell" replacement and revitalize the Hardmode entering text. I will do "The spirits of harvest have blessed your world." also.

Your suggestion is filling me with ideas :p. How about the Steampunker will sell orange powder for the Clentaminator which spreads The Orchard? Also, I think "Lemon-ade" would be a cooler name for the "Tartnade."

I almost feel like I'm hijacking your suggestion with all my ideas.

Oh yeah, and I forgot: Support!

AWESOME! I love your "Lemon-Ade" idea, she can sell Orange Powder when she is placed in The Orchard,
Patch Notes for Version 0.6: Lemon drops 2-4 Lemon Powder, Fruit Horn is craftable, new text here.

This i one of the best suggestion transformations I've ever seen.
I'd love to get to work on some sprites for you, but be warned, I'm far from the best.

No, you're great at most things in my experience! These ideas are good, and I'm inspired by them. Also,
Version 0.7 is live: Turned Tartnade into Lemon-Ade, added Fruit Horn, added Steampunker being able to sell "Orange Solution" while she's in "The Orchard", and that's that.

Orange you glad you didn't close this thread? Yeah, honestly the concept of meat (crimson) vs. fruit (orchard) is a pretty good one in my opinion, but you could get some veggies in there too, cuz I'm thinkin' bout some cool lettuce stuff. I'd be willing to do some sprites for this if you don't mind, but I'm not amazing.

Back
Top Bottom