Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are still complaining about old gen not getting 1.3?
It's physically impossible for the developers to add 1.3 because of the really old hardware. There is nothing the devs can do without compromising the gameplay. What would you rather have? a working 1.2.4 or a 1.3 that crashes and doesn't work properly, ruining the experience. 1.3 isn't coming to current gen until next year, I understand some people might not be able to but you could get another console by then.

People are still complaining about old gen not getting 1.3?
It's physically impossible for the developers to add 1.3 because of the really old hardware. There is nothing the devs can do without compromising the gameplay. What would you rather have? a working 1.2.4 or a 1.3 that crashes and doesn't work properly, ruining the experience. 1.3 isn't coming to current gen until next year, I understand some people might not be able to but you could get another console by then.
Just wait, at least three people are gonna be angry about this comment.

Yes, I detected the pattern. For every good comment, there seems to be at least one bad one.

That's just ridiculous. I'm not sure why people are so angry about not getting 1.3 on old-gen.

some people can't afford to get the new gen of consoles and a lot of people were hoping to see 1.3 on old gen along with current gen systems.

That's understandable, but why do they have to get so angry about it? It's reasonable for them to be upset, but not outraged.

It depends on how you're looking at the situation. The way they're looking at it is that "I paid for this game, thus I should receive the same content as everyone else." The fact that they're not getting said content is what's angering them. This is a totally understandable and agreeable train of thought. Some, or most of those with this in mind have come to the realization that it's simply impossible to accomplish this on old consoles, and have accepted it. Then there're others who don't really understand fully how tech works, hence can't fully comprehend why these systems can't support it (which is completely understandable, not everyone on this planet is a tech-head.) But there's those still that ignore that side of the problem completely for the simple fact that they feel entitled to have this update, regardless of its physical impossibilities. These seem to be the majority of the people that are getting completely outraged at the situation.

It depends on how you're looking at the situation. The way they're looking at it is that "I paid for this game, thus I should receive the same content as everyone else." The fact that they're not getting said content is what's angering them. This is a totally understandable and agreeable train of thought. Some, or most of those with this in mind have come to the realization that it's simply impossible to accomplish this on old consoles, and have accepted it. Then there're others who don't really understand fully how tech works, hence can't fully comprehend why these systems can't support it (which is completely understandable, not everyone on this planet is a tech-head.) But there's those still that ignore that side of the problem completely for the simple fact that they feel entitled to have this update, regardless of its physical impossibilities. These seem to be the majority of the people that are getting completely outraged at the situation.
I guess you're right there. You probably know more than I do anyway - I'm just a teenager.

I guess you're right there. You probably know more than I do anyway - I'm just a teenager.
I wouldn't say I know more than you. Thanks to the sheer mental differences of the individual human mind, I can't even begin to estimate how right or wrong my statement is, it's just how I personally would interpret the reasoning for their reactions. I hope my statement didn't offend, as that's the last thing I intended to do.

I wouldn't say I know more than you. Thanks to the sheer mental differences of the individual human mind, I can't even begin to estimate how right or wrong my statement is, it's just how I personally would interpret the reasoning for their reactions. I hope my statement didn't offend, as that's the last thing I intended to do.
I think that's the last thing anyone intended to do.

Can I just say that 1.2.4 on Xbox is boring since the game on last gen is no longer being supported now I can't play online with other people cause no one plays it anymore so in a sense its a waste of money on last gen
[doublepost=1472703636,1472703531][/doublepost]
Can I just say that 1.2.4 on Xbox is boring since the game on last gen is no longer being supported now I can't play online with other people cause no one plays it anymore so in a sense its a waste of money on last gen
And people who say 1.2.4 on last gen is still good then why does no one play it ?

And people who say 1.2.4 on last gen is still good then why does no one play it ?
I still play it on console, even though I have the PC version as well. I simply find it more relaxing. As for playing online, that's an entirely different matter. Exposing worlds that you have spent hundreds of hours on to potential griefers and thieves is not a very attractive proposition. Also, being an older gamer it's hard to keep up with you young'uns, and I prefer to go about it at my own pace. I play it to relax and wind down after a long day after all.

What utter bull:red:! Thanks for being yet another company to :red: on us older gen players. I am no longer ever going play this game!

Congrats! You just lost a customer
I would still play it. Why are people still complaining. This forum is 49 pages long and we are still talking about this
[doublepost=1472722123,1472722082][/doublepost]
People do play it

You got the game. These updates are just free dlc. They are not doing this on purpose, the old gen consoles have reached the limit. You know the reason why old gen can't have 1.3 yet you refuse to accept it and decide to keep filling pages of complaints for just an update that is not the end of the world if you don't get it. You can't just decide to ditch a game because you missed out on an update. Its as if you only got Terrraria for 1.3. I really want to get updates like you, but you can't have gotten this game just for 1.3. When I got the game I never knew that there would be any updates I was very happy with that

I still play it on console, and I still say that it's still a great game how it is. You shouldn't trash it because you're not getting the huge 1.3 update. 1.3 still won't come out to new-gen consoles for about another year, so either way, you'd still be playing the same game until next year.

And why do you call it boring because it isn't getting the update? That just makes no sense at all.

You got the game. These updates are just free dlc. They are not doing this on purpose, the old gen consoles have reached the limit. You know the reason why old gen can't have 1.3 yet you refuse to accept it and decide to keep filling pages of complaints for just an update that is not the end of the world if you don't get it. You can't just decide to ditch a game because you missed out on an update. Its as if you only got Terrraria for 1.3. I really want to get updates like you, but you can't have gotten this game just for 1.3. When I got the game I never knew that there would be any updates I was very happy with that
I know I can accept that last gen isn't getting 1.3 now but it feels empty to me cause I have everything now all weapons all banners armor items boss masks wings trophy's. But I have a sense of accomplishment now that I do but I can't get 1.3 items which bums me out but what can ya do.

I know I can accept that last gen isn't getting 1.3 now but it feels empty to me cause I have everything now all weapons all banners armor items boss masks wings trophy's. But I have a sense of accomplishment now that I do but I can't get 1.3 items which bums me out but what can ya do.
Start from the beginning. Simple as that.

1.2.4 is still a damn fine game, yet it broke many peoples games, deleted saves and still has "fixed" bugs.
Ever since the bug fix and last gen was dropped I stopped playing
My experience is awful, low framerates and consistent crashes, two of my characters deleted.

What utter bull:red:! Thanks for being yet another company to :red: on us older gen players. I am no longer ever going play this game!

Congrats! You just lost a customer
man are we STILL talking about this? These consoles are basically ancient now. It would be Impossible for devs to implement 1.3 on these consoles. It would be like apple trying to get iOS 9 on the iPhone 3G. and you were fine playing terraria 1.2.4 on old gen consoles up until now. Why are you suddenly enraged?

I still play it on console, and I still say that it's still a great game how it is. You shouldn't trash it because you're not getting the huge 1.3 update. 1.3 still won't come out to new-gen consoles for about another year, so either way, you'd still be playing the same game until next year.

And why do you call it boring because it isn't getting the update? That just makes no sense at all.
I call it boring cause I feel I have no challenges to beat that I haven't already done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom