Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I am pretty disappointed that the Xbox 360 version isn't getting 1.3, but I find it understandable. If anything, it means having a stable game rather than one that goes about as fast as a square on a flat surface and is littered with bugs.

1.2.4 is still an excellent game. Not only do we have the old sprites (which, not everyone may agree with me here, but are better to me in my opinion), but we will have to suffer less bugs and crashes than those running 1.3 (and I'm sure there will be some with 1.3).

1.2.4 may be garbage (to some, but not others), but there is a phrase that may (somewhat) fit in here:

One man's trash (1.2.4) is another man's treasure.

Hey, at least we still got Fishron and Ocram!

uh, guys... my question. does Q2 mean april, may, and june?
EDIT: btw im updating my xbox one terraria right now. how much of the update do we have so far?

Q2 = April-June time window

Noone is being "cheated" here - I do take issue with that phrasing in regards to a game where people get literally hundreds of hours of enjoyment...even prior to 1.3. Having played Terraria since June 2011, I can honestly and confidently say that Terraria 1.2.4 is a damned fine game in its own right.

As for the "can't we just add <Thing> from 1.3" line of thinking, I have to assume that they arrived at a few conclusions:

1. Everyone's "just add this one thing" would be different (as evidenced by suggestions of such here) - leading to "you added X, but not Y - why are you ignoring me?!?"
2. It's just not feasible period - either 1.2.4 has put old consoles at the literal brink and noone wants to risk adding that "final straw" (Rudi posted at one point that the old gen systems have been struggling since 1.2) or some things in 1.3 are intertwined to a degree that adding X would also mean having to add Y, Z, G, M, I, and Q.

Just speculating there, of course. My biggest hope and desire to be honest is that they got all of the biggest, nastiest bugs with this final sweep, leaving old gen in a good place.

People are all talking as if they didn't even try to make it work, when it's obvious they did. That's what they've been spending so much time doing, getting everything to be as quality as it possibly can be. That's the reason they've taken the time to make a final decision.

Dang it, i had my hopes up, that 360 would get 1.3,but i guess not.
I dont even play on the one enough to be able to enjoy it.
But I understand that all good things do have to come to an end.
I guess ill just have to save up for a computer.
[doublepost=1472252606,1472252482][/doublepost]i mean i am really excited that 1.3 is coming, but i dont play the one enough to really do anything

I think there would have been less of a brouhaha if the devs or someone said last gen wasn't getting 1.3 sooner imho
The devs would obviously not say anything until they are absolutly sure, which is what they did.
Other people would just be ignored, as they aren't an official source.

Some people (me included) did actually start airing the possibility that last gen wouldn't get 1.3 soon after it was released on PC, as we realised what a MASSIVE update it is. Nobody wanted to listen to that tune.

Spectre set is still broken, I posted the problem on the last gen update forum.

In short, don't be a mage lmao
What part of the Spectre Set, because the set with the Hood works fine. If you meant the other headgear, I believe that was a 1.3 addition. I could be wrong about that.

Never mind, I looked it up. It wasn't supposed to have it in Console - it's just there to avoid the 40% damage reduction.
I wouldn't trust the wiki 100% right now for console. Most of the folks that update that site play on PC, so they are slower to get updated information posted on changes to the console versions.

I didn't use Wikia, I used Gamepedia.

Neither of the wiki's are necessarily 100% accurate, especially when it comes to Console content. Most of the wiki data doesn't have separate data to reflect "the different versions" of the game, and whenever something is changed, the wiki is updated to reflect that change on PC.

Like I've said before kick to the nuts

From whom? Why are you taking hardware development through technical innovation within the gaming industry as a personal insult?

Consider this scenario:

"My eighty year old house isn't getting free solar panels because the roof will cave in under the weight, while the people in that new house over there are getting them!"

You can blame the architects (the console developers), the people who hand out the solar panels (505 Games/ReLogic), the fact that the solar panels are so heavy (1.3) or the people that live in the other house (current gen players) for this 'injustice', but none of them make any sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom