Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.3 ........the kick to the nuts to last gen
[doublepost=1471244129,1471243686][/doublepost]Is there any point in playing last gen any more I mean I could care less about the bug fix that still means you CANT BEAT THE GAME cause there is no moon Lord so so much for me beating it might as well delete my character and world and to any one saying "just get an Xbox one" It wouldnt be as big an issue as it is if I had $300 lying around
All because of ONE update

All because of ONE update

One update for a contemporary game that took over a year to develop and significantly raises system requirements to a level that that last gen consoles can not fulfill.

Blaming 505 or Re-Logic for this makes as much sense as blaming the companies who designed those consoles over a decade ago.

Then if the new gen of the game is released, will we have to purchase it again?
I don't have easy access to iTunes cash because of my region

Then if the new gen of the game is released, will we have to purchase it again?
I don't have easy access to iTunes cash because of my region

From the OP, if you own the game on Current Gen (XB1/PS4) already, then no. If you only have it on Old Gen, then yes. For Mobile, I would assume it works the same way - if you own it now, then you are good to go on that front....it is only a question of if your device can handle it or not.

Are people still arguing over the old-gen debacle?
Seriously...Why are we refusing to accept that it is out of the dev's hands? The old consoles can not support the software, and it's not like they have some magical, "tech-god" abilities that allow the game to run on a console that does not contain the tech to support it...
Like @Kazzymodus stated, it's not their fault that they can't get the game to work with its requirements. It's not the console makers' fault that their 10-year-old console can no longer support a modern game, either.
I understand people are still annoyed, but no one bought the game back in 2011/2013 with the knowledge that they would get a 1.3. Back then, they were happy with the game they purchased, and back then it didn't even have hardmode... But now this FREE update is causing such a huge tantrum. Yes, people do have the right to be frustrated, but we're FOURTY TWO PAGES into this thread and it's still happening... Sadly, no amount of debating or protesting is going to give the old consoles the needed hardware to run this update. It's not like games can be magically created to ignore system requirements, there's a reason computers and consoles require all these constantly changing internals, they're not just there for looks or "bragging rights".
As many have said, 1.24 is STILL a very solid, enjoyable game. Why can't we be happy that we at least have that?

One update for a contemporary game that took over a year to develop and significantly raises system requirements to a level that that last gen consoles can not fulfill.

Blaming 505 or Re-Logic for this makes as much sense as blaming the companies who designed those consoles over a decade ago.
i know im saying that you cant ditch a game for just one update
[doublepost=1471299328,1471299013][/doublepost]
Seriously...Why are we refusing to accept that it is out of the dev's hands? The old consoles can not support the software, and it's not like they have some magical, "tech-god" abilities that allow the game to run on a console that does not contain the tech to support it...
Like @Kazzymodus stated, it's not their fault that they can't get the game to work with its requirements. It's not the console makers' fault that their 10-year-old console can no longer support a modern game, either.
I understand people are still annoyed, but no one bought the game back in 2011/2013 with the knowledge that they would get a 1.3. Back then, they were happy with the game they purchased, and back then it didn't even have hardmode... But now this FREE update is causing such a huge tantrum. Yes, people do have the right to be frustrated, but we're FOURTY TWO PAGES into this thread and it's still happening... Sadly, no amount of debating or protesting is going to give the old consoles the needed hardware to run this update. It's not like games can be magically created to ignore system requirements, there's a reason computers and consoles require all these constantly changing internals, they're not just there for looks or "bragging rights".
As many have said, 1.24 is STILL a very solid, enjoyable game. Why can't we be happy that we at least have that?
Yeah just come on guys deal with it its ONE update. You have 1.2.4

i know im saying that you cant ditch a game for just one update
[doublepost=1471299328,1471299013][/doublepost]
Yeah just come on guys deal with it its ONE update. You have 1.2.4
Ah, sorry, misunderstood the context.

Well i don't tell like buying any other consele I wish that Xbox would upgrade The xbox 360

You can't retroactively upgrade the hardware in a system. They would need to recall or make house calls for the millions of Xbox 360s that need "upgrading", which is completely outside of the realm of possibility. You can make new versions (an upgraded Xbox 360 version, like the Elite), but then you have the same issue of needing to buy a new one.

They do software upgrades all the time, but you can't make hardware go beyond its limits, and that hardware is a physical object that can't be upgraded with a patch.

Im really scared my phone camt handle 1.3 . It only has 1 gig of ram and the actual free ram is 300 - 400 megabytes, I hope it wont be a big spec jump like the one in pc :(

That's true. Even if I am ps4 player I was still going to like 1.2.4 update. I still remember when I found terraria for console. I was so happy on that day. I liked to play it forever even with 1.2.3 update. What i am trying to say is 1.2.4 is damn good game. You can't blame dev's about you are not getting 1.3 update. Your old gen consoles can't just run it. It's all about RAM. Those old gen consoles doesn't have enough of it.

You can't retroactively upgrade the hardware in a system. They would need to recall or make house calls for the millions of Xbox 360s that need "upgrading", which is completely outside of the realm of possibility. You can make new versions (an upgraded Xbox 360 version, like the Elite), but then you have the same issue of needing to buy a new one.

They do software upgrades all the time, but you can't make hardware go beyond its limits, and that hardware is a physical object that can't be upgraded with a patch.
Yea guess your right let's hope I get an Xbox one S for Christmas

This has been discussed already, PS Vita's ram is not enough. It won't get the update.
(If you want the update, you will have to buy a PS4 and the PS4 version of the game)
Different platforms (PC->Mobile, Mobile->Console) never where able to cross-play (and never will) because of the few exclusive items.
I doubt 1.4 will ever come out.
I meant for the phone. Sorry :p.

P.S im just really confused about this.
[doublepost=1471390405,1471390314][/doublepost]
I assume you're talking about the Xbox 360 S w/ 320 GB HDD? To my knowledge it's the only Xbox console that was released in 2012, and it still only contains 512 MB RAM, so it also would not be capable of running the update when it arrives.

Depends on which platform you're planning on getting it on:
Mobile will be around the 1 GB mark.
Console will be closer to PC's 2.5 GB mark.
Oh. Thank you! I was confused. :)

Im really scared my phone camt handle 1.3 . It only has 1 gig of ram and the actual free ram is 300 - 400 megabytes, I hope it wont be a big spec jump like the one in pc :(
I hope that its only a 300 mb jump bcause my phone only has 1 gb of ram too ;(

Everyone was perfectly happy playing 1.2.4 before we knew 1.3 was a thing - it's still an awesome game and not playing it does nothing but deny you a fun experience.
It's hard to enjoy it when I've gotten everything the game has to offer and no I'm being serious I have EVERYTHING all blocks all weapons/armor sets all NPC's all trophy's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom