Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never wrote or participated in the comunity (at least the English, being Italian) of Terraria, and personally does not affect me not too because I play on PC, but I have an xbox 360 on which my brother along with his cousin play Terraria.
I was wondering when it would arrive the 1.3 upgrade of 360, and now I find out that will never come because this will be the last update for these consoles ....

The biggest problem is the reason you gave.

""and we are running into hardware requirement issues... as Terraria has grown over the years , its hardware demands have as well - with 1.3 being a sizeable jumping - off point""

I have a very old computer, with that many games in pixels lags, to play many games I resort to the xbox 360 which will be old too, but things like GTA V work.

You want me to believe that such a console can not hold a game in pixels as Terraria!?!?

I mean some programming and I know that it is not just the graphics that weighs on a game, but unless it was programmed crap, whatever console should turn Terraria, and indeed my very old computer succeeds.
So it's a bad excuse .... because if it is true that you can not run it, I wonder where you learned to program ....

If you really wanted to stop supporting these consoles, at least this last update you could do it, the moon Lord acts as real final boss of Terraria, is all that adds version 1.3 makes it much more interesting to play than in version 1.2.4

This has been touched on many times in this forum, the reason this game is so much more memory intensive than say... GTA V, is that it doesn't stream the game map, it loads everything into memory upon startup. 1.3 adds such a large amount of new entities that it is requiring a much larger amount of RAM. There are TONS of things that are added in 1.3 other than just the Moon Lord. It's not bad programming on the part of the devs, it's just the game reaching a threshold that the old-gen consoles simply can not support anymore.

It could at least conclude with the 1.3 so, however, does not matter, if you say that consoles like that fail to make it work fine ...
Excuse me for English and anger, but when things seem too stupid to be true I must speak my mind ...

Regardless how mad you are, debasing or insulting the devs is NOT a way to get yourself heard... Just like how forum guidelines state we're not supposed to insult other posters, you should have the same respect for the devs as well.

Last edited:
I do think the team needs to draw some parallels with Minecraft if only to help them illustrate the scale of world terraria has that makes this RAM issue emerge.

You can't expect tech-illiterate to understand why RAM is so necessary when all they hear about "gaming" is octa core 5GHz CPU and GTX Over9k GPU. Nobody has ever cared about RAM, until they should, then they get more and promptly forget about it again.

What I want to know is how much RAM is needed to get 1.3 QoL on last gen, such as dedicated slots for minecart and hook

I never wrote or participated in the comunity (at least the English, being Italian) of Terraria, and personally does not affect me not too because I play on PC, but I have an xbox 360 on which my brother along with his cousin play Terraria.
I was wondering when it would arrive the 1.3 upgrade of 360, and now I find out that will never come because this will be the last update for these consoles ....

The biggest problem is the reason you gave.

""and we are running into hardware requirement issues... as Terraria has grown over the years , its hardware demands have as well - with 1.3 being a sizeable jumping - off point""

I have a very old computer, with that many games in pixels lags, to play many games I resort to the xbox 360 which will be old too, but things like GTA V work.

You want me to believe that such a console can not hold a game in pixels as Terraria!?!?

I mean some programming and I know that it is not just the graphics that weighs on a game, but unless it was programmed crap, whatever console should turn Terraria, and indeed my very old computer succeeds.
So it's a bad excuse .... because if it is true that you can not run it, I wonder where you learned to program ....

If you really wanted to stop supporting these consoles, at least this last update you could do it, the moon Lord acts as real final boss of Terraria, is all that adds version 1.3 makes it much more interesting to play than in version 1.2.4

It could at least conclude with the 1.3 so, however, does not matter, if you say that consoles like that fail to make it work fine ...
Excuse me for English and anger, but when things seem too stupid to be true I must speak my mind ...
Are we still talking about this?

What I need to know is if don't have enough RAM (i do but just a question)
And you are on mobile then what happens because won't it just update automatically? or will 1.3 be a new app

Jeez, nearly 900 posts...
I get why though, this is a huge deal. A switch in developers and the enormous update looming is a subject for inquiry. Really looking forward to it (however I doubt my Microsoft Lumia would be able to take the update...)

What I need to know is if don't have enough RAM (i do but just a question)
And you are on mobile then what happens because won't it just update automatically? or will 1.3 be a new app
When my old iPhone was no longer compatible it simply didn't receive an update and stayed on the latest compatible version. I assume that 1.3 would be much the same.

Sooo...are current gen consoles also getting the final patch? Because there are a lot of bugs I would like to be fixed...
I'm pretty certain both the old gen and the current gen will recieve the final update from Engine. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't (and it would break crossplay). It's only that for the current gen it's not the final update.

I still think it'd be nice to have one last bit of content like the new 1.3 Underworld music, Moon Lord via the tablet thing you can make on PC instead of a full Lunar Event. I don't care if they take shortcuts. Mojang did it with Minecraft Pocket edition when smartphones weren't able to handle the Nether yet. They created an alternate way to get stuff from the Nether without having to go there yourself. It was the Nether Generator or something like that. It created a tower of Netherrack in your world you could mine. On the inside of the tower you could fight Pig Men as well as get Nether exclusive content..all without going the full mile which made a lot of people happy..not as happy as having the full thing but it was a nice alternative. A way to say "We still want you to at least have a portion of what we can't fully give so here..here's a way to get these materials."

I still think it'd be nice to have one last bit of content like the new 1.3 Underworld music, Moon Lord via the tablet thing you can make on PC instead of a full Lunar Event. I don't care if they take shortcuts. Mojang did it with Minecraft Pocket edition when smartphones weren't able to handle the Nether yet. They created an alternate way to get stuff from the Nether without having to go there yourself. It was the Nether Generator or something like that. It created a tower of Netherrack in your world you could mine. On the inside of the tower you could fight Pig Men as well as get Nether exclusive content..all without going the full mile which made a lot of people happy..not as happy as having the full thing but it was a nice alternative. A way to say "We still want you to at least have a portion of what we can't fully give so here..here's a way to get these materials."
I agree and although I have a device capable of running 1.3, for those who do not I believe this is a great idea
Although mine craft did later implement the actual nether in PE

Reactions:
yes later on but I mean for the last gen systems they could leave it on a high note. We don't need ALL of 1.3 to be happy or at least content. I speak for myself when I say I don't need the full Lunar event to be happy. Just the smaller stuff and one massive Moon Lord. that's it really. I don't care about Expert mode as Hardcore is enough for me anyway. I'd still like to see SOME 1.3 content reach the last gen consoles in whatever way possible. Sure it wouldn't be the full 1.3 experience but I'd rather it be like a version 1.2.8...like almost 1.3 but not quite there. I know old tech is old and can't handle the full extent of 1.3 but it'd be awesome to take on the Moon Lord on the go..Hell replace Ocram with Moon Lord and I'd be more than fine with that. Replace the Suspicious Looking Skull with the tablet thing which could drop from various enemies and have to be put together to summon the Moon Lord.

Thing is Minecraft like many modern games streams content. The game only loads the things it needs to as it needs them. That's why you can see sections of the game suddenly pop into existence if you run into a bit of performance issues.

Terraria loads the entire game, all at once. Every item and creature, every map tile, the entire world map and anything else you can think of. Every single thing is sitting there in memory, even if it's not gonna get used. For PS3 /360, that memory is already completely full after patch 1.2.4. There is no room left, period.

So no matter what kind of quality of life suggestion you have, no matter what kind of compromise you can suggest, no matter how few items you want added, there's just no room left to add ANYTHING. Changing the game to only load things as it needs them would probably require the entire coding of the game to be rewritten from the ground up. The quality of that new version would be about the same as the current mobile version at best with all the same limitations.

Mojang changed the nether in Minecraft, but we're talking about Terraria. Not Minecraft.

I know but I was using that as a reference. two different games yes but like I said. wishful thinking.

1.3 needs gb of RAM qnd old gen consoles have about 500 mb.
[doublepost=1471955141,1471955070][/doublepost]

Yes. People is still talking about this.
No, I don't need the whole 1.3 with their items and whatnot, I just want QoL improvements: attacking while mounted, special slots for hook/mount/pet, stuff like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom