Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.2.4 is still a damn fine game, yet it broke many peoples games, deleted saves and still has "fixed" bugs.
Ever since the bug fix and last gen was dropped I stopped playing
My experience is awful, low framerates and consistent crashes, two of my characters deleted.
Those deleted characters... did you use them with the previous update of Terraria, or have they been unused for a while? I'm simply wondering whether it's a file version issue.

Another thought; Did you have any items/stack quantities that you shouldn't have on those deleted characters?

1.2.4 is still a damn fine game, yet it broke many peoples games, deleted saves and still has "fixed" bugs.
Ever since the bug fix and last gen was dropped I stopped playing
My experience is awful, low framerates and consistent crashes, two of my characters deleted.
Have you been closing the game when you are in the middle of saving?

The deleted characters were created before 1.2.4.1, neither had been used for a while and no there wasn't any items or broken stacks on them, neither had been played for more than a hour.
I haven't closed the game during saving.

I know I can accept that last gen isn't getting 1.3 now but it feels empty to me cause I have everything now all weapons all banners armor items boss masks wings trophy's. But I have a sense of accomplishment now that I do but I can't get 1.3 items which bums me out but what can ya do.
Well i guess you don't feel like you have a complete game now but look at it this way. You have beaten 1.2.4 That is a big achievement but there is tons more you can do. You technically cannot actually beat the game. Think of something else to do. Improvise, also who knows, you may end up with an xbone someday.

And people who say 1.2.4 on last gen is still good then why does no one play it ?

I own 8 different copies of this game, and yet still play the 1.24 console version over any of the other 6 versions... Saying nobody still plays it is far from true. I personally wouldn't need the online portion, either. I'm as far from a social gamer as you can get, and would prefer to be left to my own devices than deal with other gamers, so the lack of cross-playing online is no big deal, at least for me personally.
And remember, Terraria is also a resource and crafting game... If you've beat the "story" mode of the game, why not craft something fun and amazing? Make cool devices or pixel art? The possibilities are literally endless when you look beyond the scope of the rpg side.

Are people still arguing over the old-gen debacle?
Seriously...Why are we refusing to accept that it is out of the dev's hands? The old consoles can not support the software, and it's not like they have some magical, "tech-god" abilities that allow the game to run on a console that does not contain the tech to support it...
Like @Kazzymodus stated, it's not their fault that they can't get the game to work with its requirements. It's not the console makers' fault that their 10-year-old console can no longer support a modern game, either.
I understand people are still annoyed, but no one bought the game back in 2011/2013 with the knowledge that they would get a 1.3. Back then, they were happy with the game they purchased, and back then it didn't even have hardmode... But now this FREE update is causing such a huge tantrum. Yes, people do have the right to be frustrated, but we're FOURTY TWO PAGES into this thread and it's still happening... Sadly, no amount of debating or protesting is going to give the old consoles the needed hardware to run this update. It's not like games can be magically created to ignore system requirements, there's a reason computers and consoles require all these constantly changing internals, they're not just there for looks or "bragging rights".
As many have said, 1.24 is STILL a very solid, enjoyable game. Why can't we be happy that we at least have that?
yes, yes I and probably a lot of other people know that but knowing that isn't going to change the fact that I have to get a new console (or you know pc master race) and I don't blame anyone it's just...depressing

yes, yes I and probably a lot of other people know that but knowing that isn't going to change the fact that I have to get a new console (or you know pc master race) and I don't blame anyone it's just...depressing
Not necessarily - some mobile devices will be getting 1.3 as well.

GO BURN IN ****, TIME TO LEAVE PS3 FOREVER, THANK VERY MUCH, I HA A GREAT TIME, NOW IT`S TIME TO LEAVE, GIVE ME MY MONNY ON MY PS3 ACCOUNT or not, i wanna store Terraria for future, BUT YOU JUST MADE ME FEEL SO BAD, THANK FOR BREAKING MY DAYS, WORK HARDER *****! YOU CAN DO IT I KNOW YOU HAVE PROBLEMS BUT HEY

edit: at least mobile
It's impossible for them to efficiently put a solid 1.3 on old-gen. This has been said many times.

And if you didn't read the previous comments, they are putting it on mobile devices that can run it.

If you are Sooo intrested in 1.3 sell your PS3/360 and a few games and there you go, 1.3 ;P

Gosh people have brains use them

If you don't like it spend half your life learning how to work on consoles and be happy as everyone complains about how bad you are now isn't that fair. People grow up .

If you are Sooo intrested in 1.3 sell your PS3/360 and a few games and there you go, 1.3 ;P

Gosh people have brains use them

If you don't like it spend half your life learning how to work on consoles and be happy as everyone complains about how bad you are now isn't that fair. People grow up .
Umm no selling your xbox 360 would only get you about $70 and games about 30 so the cheapest console they have is $300 so yea selling you last gen console would only get you $100

So, am I correct in saying that, if 1.3 comes out for current gen and fixes for last gen, that if i port my last gen save to current gen I can just use that and continue like nothing ever happened?

So... what about the 3DS version?

'Most people that play on 3DS have an old 3DS - so we want to optimize the game for that system!'

'Most people that play Xbox have a 360 - but we're going to make the game better on Xbox One!' Alllllllllllllrighty then.

Judging by how closely they're working with Sony & Microsoft I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this was a little deal to try to get people to upgrade!

Prediction - we'll continue to get bug fixes for 3DS (that ironically introduce more bugs), until CodeGlue's contract is up, then we'll get one final 'have some summons' or something farewell update, then, again, RAM being cited as the issue for no online multiplayer or larger worlds. Forgotten about.

I know, I know. I'm like a broken record. But somebody needs to fight for justice here!
They are doing this to make the game not complete and utter :red: on one console and great on another, its all about procesing(correct me on spelling idc) power and how you can use it. So unless you want a laggy :red: game with cool :red:, upgrade your :red:.
[doublepost=1473120455,1473120373][/doublepost]
Then... Could I get a refund? Because I won't play it anymore.
doesnt work that way :/
[doublepost=1473120577][/doublepost]Also, great job peeps over at terrarian headquarters. I love that you are picking the :red: up again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom