Weapons & Equip The Polar Shovel - A Shovel Knight Homage

I feel like the snow being as ammunition would just be completely unnecessary. Snow is really common, and people might end up making their snow biome's
surface ugly. :(

I feel like the snow being as ammunition would just be completely unnecessary. Snow is really common, and people might end up making their snow biome's
surface ugly. :(
If this were a real problem, people would have brought up that Snowballs and the Snowball Cannon are already causing it, but it isn't really a problem. People who are lazy can take it straight from the surface if they so please, and people who want to keep thei surface pristine can dig it up from underground.

Since this is a weapon (Melee?) then no need for ammo, Just look at other projectile swords.
Hey man, if there can be Ranged weapons that don't require ammo, who's to say that there can't be a Melee weapon that does? The "rules" that differentiate Melee and Ranged are actually very loose and extremely arbitrary, so it doesn't actually really matter all that much.

Last edited:
I got this idea while I was outside shoveling snow. We all know this guy, correct?
index.php
(Thanks for fixing it up @Pumpking!)
Well, my idea is for his shovel to be a rare drop (1%) from wolves in a Snow biome, as they look alike to the wolves in Polar Knight's level. It can also be dropped by Armored Vikings, since that is where Polar Knight's inspiration came from. It will be a Hardmode drop that does 60 melee damage and casts a snowball similar to a boulder that does 60 damage as well. A suggestion by @SzGamer227, the Polar Shovel will use SnowBlocks for ammunition. I know, people hate RNG but it's a referential item, it isn't meant to be common.
View attachment 27498
Thanks to @Robotoh for the sprite!
Thank you for viewing my suggestion, and if you have anything to add, leave it below! Good day, ladies and gents!

We now have a support banner!
Or have some new way of changing from hammer to attack mode with war axes and hammers and such?!?! I guess.

I like this idea. Would you like it to be included in Ulterraria: Reborn? We'd be happy to take your idea and make it come true as a part of the mod!

I like this idea. Would you like it to be included in Ulterraria: Reborn? We'd be happy to take your idea and make it come true as a part of the mod!
Ooo, yes please. Just credit me I suppose, I don't really know how any of that sort of thing works. Also @Kirito [Lone Wolf], if you don't mind since you asked first. I wouldn't mind if it was in multiple mods, just want to check and make sure it's clear on all fronts.

Back
Top Bottom