Sprites The River (Alternate Underworld)

I have one more problem with the Ethereal Armor Set, and a few other things.

First off, it's a Magic Set. We already have 3 Pre-Hardmode sets for the Magic Class. They are Jungle Armor, Meteorite Armor, and the Gem Robes. Do we really need another? Second off, it replaces a Melee Set important for advancing in the game for Melee Only Characters, which is Molten Armor. I have a suggestion to fix this, and the last problem tho. If you replace Meteors with something else in River Worlds, and make its Armor Set based around Melee Characters, it could balance the classes in River Worlds. But to do that you would need to make Meteors and the River's Alternate to Meteors come at a later stage in the game.

Also it has a ridiculous amount of defense compared to later sets. This has 25 defense (7 + 10 + 8). You can skip straight over some Hardmode Armor Sets as they have 17, 21, and 24 defense. And even tho it may not deal more damage, it has a higher Maximum Mana Increase, and Mana Usage Reduction than Cobalt, Palladium, and Mythril Armor. One can make the jungle grow restless with only these bonuses Ethereal Armor provides. I think it is way too OP and should be nerfed.

Also I know that this suggestion was made in March but seriously, how have you not changed the banner drops from 0.5% to every 50 kills by now?

First off, it's a Magic Set. We already have 3 Pre-Hardmode sets for the Magic Class. They are Jungle Armor, Meteorite Armor, and the Gem Robes. Do we really need another? Second off, it replaces a Melee Set important for advancing in the game for Melee Only Characters, which is Molten Armor. I have a suggestion to fix this, and the last problem tho. If you replace Meteors with something else in River Worlds, and make its Armor Set based around Melee Characters, it could balance the classes in River Worlds. But to do that you would need to make Meteors and the River's Alternate to Meteors come at a later stage in the game.
I got along just fine without it. I prefer shadow personally. Things are fine as is.
Also it has a ridiculous amount of defense compared to later sets. This has 25 defense (7 + 10 + 8). You can skip straight over some Hardmode Armor Sets as they have 17, 21, and 24 defense. And even tho it may not deal more damage, it has a higher Maximum Mana Increase, and Mana Usage Reduction than Cobalt, Palladium, and Mythril Armor. One can make the jungle grow restless with only these bonuses Ethereal Armor provides. I think it is way too OP and should be nerfed.
The balancing can be done later, this is just providing the concepts of the equipment.

Edit: if you're that bothered by it propose different stats.

Also I know that this suggestion was made in March but seriously, how have you not changed the banner drops from 0.5% to every 50 kills by now?
They have no obligation to change all that information. Do you know how much formatting is necessary for those tables?

I have one more problem with the Ethereal Armor Set, and a few other things.

The suggestion was made mostly for the biome, the main idea, and supporting mobs and items. If the idea was accepted, the devs would change most of the stats to fix balance and things like that. Also, the banner thing is not really that important. She doesn't need to change it because it is obvious to eeryone that now, you earn banners after 50 kills. However, I agree with you in the fact that there should still be something to replace molten armor.

And off of what Morningstar said, no mtter how appropriate the 6+6+6 defense would be, it would not be balance for that armor.

I propose a defense of 18 (6+6+6)...and then nerf the Molten armor to that defense because the number is more appropriate for the current underworld.
Molten Armor is a melee set. Meaning it needs more defense. I would pick the defense number based on when it is first acquirable, and what class it supports. Because the Ethereal Armor supports the Mage class, it will be most commonly used by Magic Players. Magic Players don't require as much defense than Melee Players to progress through the game because they can stand farther away with most attacks, which is why 16 or 17 defense is a good number. Molten Armor supports the Warrior Class and will most commonly be used by Melee Players. Melee Players usually have to get close to it's target to hit it with the weapons they get, increasing the likely hood of him being hit. This is why Melee Players rely on more defense than other classes. Molten Armor is at 25 defense, and for a Pre-Hardmode Melee Set, it's a good number. The defense used on an armor set is not always based around when you can acquire the set (in most scenarios). It has a class factor too. If Molten Armor supported the Mage Class, I could agree with you, but it supports the Warrior Class, and most likely always will. It needs more than the Ethereal Armor.
I got along just fine without it. I prefer shadow personally. Things are fine as is.
I think you may know that some people prefer molten armor. They may not be able to use Shadow Armor to kill the Ferryman. That and some people find the WoF is too hard with shadow armor like me. You need some kind of armor to be more like Molten Armor if you want Melee class to be a viable Pre-Hardmode class in River Worlds.
They have no obligation to change all that information. Do you know how much formatting is necessary for those tables?
I have never seen a table before this post. How much formatting is required?

I have this really annoying thing called a career, which limits my free time. So when I do have free time, I have to prioritize. Changing minor info in an old suggestion is almost always at the very bottom of my priorities. When I have more free time, I will change it. Along with a few other things across ALL of my suggestions.

Molten Armor is a melee set. Meaning it needs more defense. I would pick the defense number based on when it is first acquirable, and what class it supports. Because the Ethereal Armor supports the Mage class, it will be most commonly used by Magic Players. Magic Players don't require as much defense than Melee Players to progress through the game because they can stand farther away with most attacks, which is why 16 or 17 defense is a good number. Molten Armor supports the Warrior Class and will most commonly be used by Melee Players. Melee Players usually have to get close to it's target to hit it with the weapons they get, increasing the likely hood of him being hit. This is why Melee Players rely on more defense than other classes. Molten Armor is at 25 defense, and for a Pre-Hardmode Melee Set, it's a good number. The defense used on an armor set is not always based around when you can acquire the set (in most scenarios). It has a class factor too. If Molten Armor supported the Mage Class, I could agree with you, but it supports the Warrior Class, and most likely always will. It needs more than the Ethereal Armor.

I think you may know that some people prefer molten armor. They may not be able to use Shadow Armor to kill the Ferryman. That and some people find the WoF is too hard with shadow armor like me. You need some kind of armor to be more like Molten Armor if you want Melee class to be a viable Pre-Hardmode class in River Worlds.
I still like the idea of swapping Crimson and Molten buffs (balancing stats, of course) so Shadow and Crimson are both melee and Molten is classless. Then just make Ethereal a classless armor as well. Obviously both Molten and Ethereal would need enough to at least combat WoF. But let's be honest, you can smack WoF around without Molten, regardless of your prefered weapon.

Plus I fee obligated to point out that the overall bonus from Shadow/Crimson armor combined with the total defense makes either of them more survivable against WoF than any Range, Mage, or other pre-hardmode set (not counting Molten). Molten isn't necessary, it's just a nice perk.

I have never seen a table before this post. How much formatting is required?
Think of the combination of pain and agony with a little bit of regret and remorse on the side.

Last edited:
We're in the suggestion section of the forums, this is a suggestion.
yes yes we are in the suggestion thread- but i know terraria fans- within 14 pages on a forum a suggestion can take flight and become a finalized product!

i just really really like this idea SO much- cant someone take the sprites and make a skin pack or something? i saw it all, and all i can think of now is "i want that, that needs to be in my world!" and now i keep looking at my 35 maps (i love this game so much) and i have new ideas in each one! seriously- how can we help push this idea? thats what i would like to know!

Perhaps, instead of having to bother with how four liquids combine, you could just replace lava with aether or have the world generate differently. For example, it could seem like the River's energy is seeping out to the lands above. You don't notice it much, even underground, until you get down far enough. You either keep going normally until you hit the River, or you see patches of aether and dust above the River (where you would see normal lava), possibly generating in tentacle-like shapes, as if the River is reaching upwards, spreading throughout the world. This wouldn't be a problem throughout the game, as it may spread so slowly that a human would never notice the spread. Just a thought.

Makes sense
I still think it is a normal mob (I think it has a banner) but it gets lots of speel treatment Allredy so why not make it expand to this
BTW I hat bone key

Don't forget to update The Ferryman with the 1.3 drop table to include the Summoner Emblem and an Expert Mode Treasure Bag. Although I wonder whether it would be a good idea to actually replace the current one from Wall of Flesh, 'cause it gives you a 6th accessory slot (which is kind of necessary for Expert Mode).

Don't forget to update The Ferryman with the 1.3 drop table to include the Summoner Emblem and an Expert Mode Treasure Bag. Although I wonder whether it would be a good idea to actually replace the current one from Wall of Flesh, 'cause it gives you a 6th accessory slot (which is kind of necessary for Expert Mode).
It could simply be another item that does the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom