Single Thread RP The Ruptured Crystal

The Ruptured Crystal

Fladnag’s attempt to make a very heavily Kingdom Rush inspired RP

The land of Syndellia resides in its own dimension, and the existence of this dimension is dependent on the Crystal of Paragras. For centuries the elves have defended the crystal, using its power to keep the peace. However, there was another being who sought the crystal: Umbra, a creature of chaotic shadow. To stop him the elves had to seal him away in an eternal prison, but in order to muster the magical might needed to do this, they had to strain the crystal until it ruptured into two pieces. Since then rifts connecting to other dimensions have begun to appear…

After the crystal was split, one half fell into the hands of Malaisie, the unseelie queen of the traitorous twilight elves. The other half remains in possession of elf queen Elynie. Both parties want the half they don’t have, and so Syndellia is now at war. If Elynie gets both halves, she may be able to fuse them back together using recently discovered magic, and make things as they once were. If Malaisie gets both halves, she may be able to release Umbra and seize the rest of Syndellia for herself to rule. Elynie’s side consists of most elves, dwarves, saurians, and humans. Malaisie’s side consists of most goblinoids, gnolls, trolls, and demons, as well as the twilight elves. There are also more mysterious races that don’t take sides such as the Anurians or the Deep Devils.

The main continent has seven kingdoms: Anyria, the Frozen North, Dwaraman, Vroukya, Acaroth, Valardul, and the Enchanted Forest. Anyria lies to the west next to the ocean. It is a valiant human kingdom that has fought for good all over the land, and houses the last elven refuge not corrupted by evil. The Frozen North lies just north of Anyria, and is the homeland of the vikings. Ruled by Ragnar, the king of the north, these are tough warriors who have tamed the glacial landscape and the wyverns that inhabit it. Dwaraman is a kingdom of inventive dwarves that lies east of The Frozen North. They have been allies of Anyria for ages. Vroukya lies in the wild frontier south east of Anyria. This is where the saurian tribes are located. They are just as wild and dangerous as the crazy jungle they live in. Acaroth is east of Vroukya, and is inhabited by greedy goblins and bloodthirsty orcs. The land here is more tame and mountainous than the neighboring jungle, but no human who values their life would want to come here. Valardul is a wasteland cursed by ancient evil that lies east of Anyria across the troll inhabited mountains. The southern area is a volcanic valley ruled Vez’nan the dark wizard and his demons, while the north eastern area is haunted by strange creatures of horror and ruled over by a vampire lord who lives in the city of Bonesburg. Finally, the Enchanted Forest lies south of Acaroth across an ocean strait. This is where the elves used to live, but now it is ruled by Malaisie, and is the home of the gnolls and twilight elves. Another notable geographical feature is the small sea that stretches from the bottom right of the Frozen North to the bottom left of Dwaraman. This is where the Anurians are said to live.

You can drop your character out of a portal anywhere on the map. I may need to describe what their surroundings look like, so if you tell me where you want them dropped I will gladly do that. Any character is allowed, but try not to make them too overpowered, as that will ruin the fun. If you’re not sure if your character is too overpowered, just ask me and I can help you balance them. Combat here will be done with a D20 as well. Also, making a character that already lives in this universe is a possibility, but may require some more in-depth knowledge of the world, so if you wish to do that, reach out to me and I can help make it happen. PS, the definition of the word saurian may help you understand what these creatures are.

Thank you for reading this wall of text I put together for you. I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Name: Emira

Appearance: A tall, thin humanoid, with skin the color of the oceans depths. Wears very royal attire, accentuated by the crown always fixed onto their head.

Personality: In simple terms, he views himself as the boss in any situation. Is always proding and poking in conversations, trying to learn more about whoever he speaks with. All in all, not the most pleasant individual, but his annoyingly good charm means people keep talking to him.

Equipment/Weapons and Armor: A six shooter stored in his clothes, and a small triangular prism, designed to act as a communicator, among other minor uses (like breaking windows by throwing it)

Abilities:
Dominating Prescene: Through the wit of his word (and a truckload of mental manipulation), Emira is able to convince people to do things they otherwise would never. His ability grows the more about a person he knows. At a certain point, he effectively mind controls them, able to command them to do anything he wishes.

Watcher's Brand: As a former member of the Watcher's, Emira has access to many of their tricks. Notably, his nigh-unparalleled diplomatic skills.

Strengths: Very cunning, and often plays people like a game of chess, moving them exactly where he wants them.

Flaws: In terms of combat, very underwhelming. While his potential control over someone is absolute, getting there may take too long.

Other: Color is 1AC683

Appearance: A tall, thin humanoid, with skin the color of the oceans depths. Wears very royal attire, accentuated by the crown always fixed onto their head.

Personality: In simple terms, he views himself as the boss in any situation. Is always proding and poking in conversations, trying to learn more about whoever he speaks with. All in all, not the most pleasant individual, but his annoyingly good charm means people keep talking to him.

Equipment/Weapons and Armor: A six shooter stored in his clothes, and a small triangular prism, designed to act as a communicator, among other minor uses (like breaking windows by throwing it)

Abilities:
Dominating Prescene: Through the wit of his word (and a truckload of mental manipulation), Emira is able to convince people to do things they otherwise would never. His ability grows the more about a person he knows. At a certain point, he effectively mind controls them, able to command them to do anything he wishes.

Watcher's Brand: As a former member of the Watcher's, Emira has access to many of their tricks. Notably, his nigh-unparalleled diplomatic skills.

Strengths: Very cunning, and often plays people like a game of chess, moving them exactly where he wants them.

Flaws: In terms of combat, very underwhelming. While his potential control over someone is absolute, getting there may take too long.

(I find this acceptable. Nice character! Where do you wanna yeet them?)

Last edited:

Abilities:

Gonna yoink your character as a template :D))
Name: Ryker Stormcaller

Appearance: A middle aged guy, streaks of gray flowing through his thick beard and thinning head. Scarred face, medium but burly build - like a dad bod - and some higher end clothing. Technically wizard robes and a wizard hat, but looks more like a blacksmith's apron.

Personality: Happy, cheerful, kind, just, fair, intelligent, and calm are all the incorrect ways to describe him. While not strictly evil. Ryker toes the damn line.

Equipment/Weapons and Armor: Arcane robes amplifying his mana and magical powers, a staff that increases his lightning affinity, and a small ornate dagger that calls his wife, the storm goddess, with whom he is divorced with. They dont like interacting much.

Abilities:
STORM SUMMON! (7 uses) Allows Ryker to summon a thunder storm, allowing him to channel his spells. No effect.

CHAIN LIGHTNING! (5 uses) Ryker's signature spell, allowing him to wipe out crowds with ease. Hits 5 enemies.

STORM BALL! (3 uses) A small cloud that explodes into a burst of lightning! Also good for crowds. Hits 7 enemies.

HEAVEN'S FURY! (1 use) A huge :red: bolt of lightning that combines the power of an entire thunderstorm! Can only be used on one target, but has insane damage.

Strengths: Literally lightning magic, is kind of shrewd at times, and will do anything to get away from his ex-wife.

Flaws: Mean, passes out once his mana is expended, alcoholism.

Gonna yoink your character as a template :D))
Name: Ryker Stormcaller

Appearance: A middle aged guy, streaks of gray flowing through his thick beard and thinning head. Scarred face, medium but burly build - like a dad bod - and some higher end clothing. Technically wizard robes and a wizard hat, but looks more like a blacksmith's apron.

Personality: Happy, cheerful, kind, just, fair, intelligent, and calm are all the incorrect ways to describe him. While not strictly evil. Ryker toes the damn line.

Equipment/Weapons and Armor: Arcane robes amplifying his mana and magical powers, a staff that increases his lightning affinity, and a small ornate dagger that calls his wife, the storm goddess, with whom he is divorced with. They dont like interacting much.

Abilities:
STORM SUMMON! (7 uses) Allows Ryker to summon a thunder storm, allowing him to channel his spells. No effect.

CHAIN LIGHTNING! (5 uses) Ryker's signature spell, allowing him to wipe out crowds with ease. Hits 5 enemies.

STORM BALL! (3 uses) A small cloud that explodes into a burst of lightning! Also good for crowds. Hits 7 enemies.

HEAVEN'S FURY! (1 use) A huge :red: bolt of lightning that combines the power of an entire thunderstorm! Can only be used on one target, but has insane damage.

Strengths: Literally lightning magic, is kind of shrewd at times, and will do anything to get away from his ex-wife.

Flaws: Mean, passes out once his mana is expended, alcoholism.

(Noice. Where shalt thou yeet them to?)

This will be fun to play.
Name: Ga'Klunk

Species: Troll

Hex Color: #6b4a2e

Age: On the older side, I'm not sure how trolls would age.

Appearance: He would be quite large and muscular, with Grey-blue skin, orange hair, and yellow eyes.

Personality: To be blunt, Ga'Klunk is an idiot.
He is very prone to violence if he gets upset and doesn't have the most diverse vocabulary.
He does however, have a bit of a soft spot for music. Emphasis on "a bit."

Equipment/Weapons and Armor: He doesn't wear any real protective armor and wields a large tree branch-turned club to whale on his enemies with.

Abilities: I'm not sure, might need to edit this cause but I don't know if he would have any sort of ability here.

Strengths: Big strong

Flaws: Big dumb

(Given as how I am a diplomatic sort, it's only natural I wish to dwell within a land upon which I may properly use my talents for my p-
Vroukya I'm going Vroukya.)
Okay, so when they fall from the rift, they would find themself surrounded by lush jungle. There is a large creek with a bridge across it and some large plants with red pods on top.

(Where exactly might I begin?)
(Yeah that part might be a bit confusing. For you, you’d likely start by doing some troll thing in the mountains, like returning from a raid or bar fighting or something. Or if you aren’t sure I can just throw you somewhere. It’ll be harder for you since your character is already from this universe.)

Back
Top Bottom