Items The Skeleton Key

Good idea?

• Total voters

tmonster2002

Official Terrarian
"Opens all locks... for a price..."
The skeleton key is, as implied by the flavor text above, can unlock anything you come across, for 100 hp per use.
TO CRAFT
50 souls of might, sight, and fright
bone key
golden key
shadow key
temple key
hallowed key
crimson key
corruption key
snow key
jungle key
This item is like the "hamdrax" (or drax as of 1.2) of keys!

"Opens all locks... for a price..."
The skeleton key is, as implied by the flavor text above, can unlock anything you come across, for 100 hp per use.
TO CRAFT
50 souls of might, sight, and fright
bone key
golden key
shadow key
temple key
hallowed key
crimson key
corruption key
snow key
jungle key
This item is like the "hamdrax" (or drax as of 1.2) of keys!
So, to unlock all things that need keys, we need all the keys? And a "bone key" doesn't exist. Of you have all those keys, why grind the mechs just so you can make this key and kill yourself unlocking chests you could've already unlocked for no cost?

I don't see the reason why you would need this. It's a Hardmode Key, so you wouldn't need to open the Golden & Shadow Chests. You only need one key for every Hardmode Dungeon, so it's still a No-Go. And the amount of souls plus the Bone Key just makes it worse. No Support, sorry.

Because. Opening biome chests require the biome key, which is used once. This, you get all of them once, and you can open 5 if you want.
ALSO: bone key is real, dropped by dungeon guardian

So, to unlock all things that need keys, we need all the keys? And a "bone key" doesn't exist. Of you have all those keys, why grind the mechs just so you can make this key and kill yourself unlocking chests you could've already unlocked for no cost?
the bone key comes from dungeon guardians. As far as I can tell, the only use for this would be to go to other worlds and get more biome chest weapons.

This is more for: hey, this thing is there to just be there. It's like whoopie cushion or bunny hood, but has a utility use.

I see how this could be useful, but Terraria already has enough RNG grind for me, and getting every single key? That'd take hours on end, and it really wouldn't be worth it in the end- also, this would probably kill the value of biome chest items, because you could just make new worlds, kill Skeletron and take all of the biome chest loot and sell it.
It'd probably work better if it was a Shadow Key for Golden Chests sorta thing, because that wouldn't break the value as much, because golden chests in the dungeon don't really get sold because of how easy it is to get them.

the bone key comes from dungeon guardians. As far as I can tell, the only use for this would be to go to other worlds and get more biome chest weapons.
Ah, but then this is even worse, as
a) Items meant for vanity shouldn't be given uses in crafting
b) This requires you to kill a dungeon guardian
This is more for: hey, this thing is there to just be there. It's like whoopie cushion or bunny hood, but has a utility use.
Except if it has a utility use, it should be worth the grind for it. This would require 3 worlds (1 crimson, 1 corruption, 1 without Skeletron defeated), with 2 of those worlds in Hardmode, and a third having careful setup and planning to kill a Dungeon guardian. And all for what? Getting more than 1 of a weapon you already have? Unless Baconfry's Biome Weapon Project gets added, I don't see the use of getting every single key.

Because. Opening biome chests require the biome key, which is used once. This, you get all of them once, and you can open 5 if you want.
ALSO: bone key is real, dropped by dungeon guardian
But it is just a cosmetic item. The main problem of this suggestion is that you only need one of all of those keys except for one, making it pointless.

but that doesn't mean you should, either.
But that completely defeats the purpose of the suggestion forum. People post ideas, other people say what they think about the ideas. If we don't like an idea or think it's not a viable addition to the game, then we have the freedom to say so.

Anyways, no support from me. It's largely pointless (There is legitimately no reason I'd be unlocking shadow or gold chests in HM except for maybe the chests themselves, and I don't need more than one of each biome weapon), the recipe is obnoxious, and overall I don't see how it'd help.

Hamdrax of keys huh? I can make that drill right now in about 5 seconds. This on the other hand will take some farming, lots of farming. Also that loss of life effect is kind of pointless.

And finally, once you have crafted this thing, what else do you really need to unlock? Nothing pretty much.

I'm sorry, but I do not support this idea for many reasons.

1- Bone keys are very hard to obtain and aren't even "keys". It's a pet summoner.

2- You would need more than one world to obtain the Crimson and Corruption keys.

3- If you had all the biome keys you could get every biome weapon so this would be pointless.

One of the worst ideas I've seen. You could unlock everything if you had these keys anyways, plus that waste of souls AND the amazingly hard to get bone key makes this a terrible, terrible suggestion. I'm not trying to attack you, but I honestly really don't like this suggestion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom