tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

I'm on my 24th scarabeus, still no gilded idol. Mind checking if it's still possible to obtain?

Come to think of it, is there any game design reason at all for having to kill bosses multiple times for artifact parts? Any justification for having it drop one out of 9-8 times? Does proving you can farm a boss accomplish anything? Would progression be any different if it just was a 100% drop? Would make it too easy? Is it really difficulty if all it does is add tedium? Is tedium equal to difficulty? If I can kill skeletron, the eye, scarabeus, and all the others once, does it not stand to reason that I can do it again, and that each subsequent time will be easier? Isn't it just a resource sink and boring as sin quest for no good reason?

Last edited:
I'm on my 24th scarabeus, still no gilded idol. Mind checking if it's still possible to obtain?

Come to think of it, is there any game design reason at all for having to kill bosses multiple times for artifact parts? Any justification for having it drop one out of 9-8 times? Does proving you can farm a boss accomplish anything? Would progression be any different if it just was a 100% drop? Would make it too easy? Is it really difficulty if all it does is add tedium? Is tedium equal to difficulty? If I can kill skeletron, the eye, scarabeus, and all the others once, does it not stand to reason that I can do it again, and that each subsequent time will be easier? Isn't it just a resource sink and boring as sin quest for no good reason?

There is a game design reason for arbitrarily rare drops.

It isn't about difficulty it is about the reward of getting something that is rare. Loot drops have always been a part of progression-based games. Final Fantasy 4 is one of the great classic examples of extremely rare drops being rewarding (pink slimes being a rare enemy and pink tails being a very rare drop from that enemy).

Mod content is always going to be a little off center when it comes to general balance (loot percentages fall into this) but that's one of the things you just need to accept because mod developers are not professional game designers.

Just chiming in to say that I've also experienced the no knockback bug and didn't know what was happening until I saw the other comments here. I love the Spirit mod though and think it adds some amazing things to Terraria. Keep up the great work! :)

which is a better gun, crimbine or shadowshot? ive got a musket and an undertaker, but only one handgun and boomstick and was wondering which to craft for a ranger.

which is a better gun, crimbine or shadowshot? ive got a musket and an undertaker, but only one handgun and boomstick and was wondering which to craft for a ranger.
That's a tricky question to answer, since you can't really go wrong with either one. The Shadow Shot's bullets home in, and the Crimbine has lifesteal. I'd say go with the one that most suits your playstyle.

For those of you who are experiencing the no knockback bug, it is probably because you downloaded it from the mod browser. This download SHOULD give you no problems with knockback on the weapons, you will have to manually download it.
SpiritMod.tmod

Last edited:
For those of you who are experiencing the no knockback bug, it is probably because you downloaded it from the mod browser. This download should give you no problems with knockback on the weapons, you will have to manually download it.
SpiritMod.tmod
Sorry, but nope. The bug still persists (checked just with Spirit enabled as well as along other mods I normally use). Spears, spells, ranged weapons have no knocback. Hammers, Pickaxes, Axes and other weapons that swing like broadswords do have it.

Sorry, but nope. The bug still persists (checked just with Spirit enabled as well as along other mods I normally use). Spears, spells, ranged weapons have no knocback. Hammers, Pickaxes, Axes and other weapons that swing like broadswords do have it.
Emphasizing the "should", not guaranteeing its 100% gonna work.

Last edited:
I love that mod. I've got one question...
Where can I find Fallen Angels? I mean these mobs that drop Angelic Sigil, i need that to craft Flame of the Magus...
Thanks for anybody helping!

I love that mod. I've got one question...
Where can I find Fallen Angels? I mean these mobs that drop Angelic Sigil, i need that to craft Flame of the Magus...
Thanks for anybody helping!
About anywhere in the sky in hard-mode. just drink a battle potion as well as sitting near a water candle and some will arrive in no time. (Be warned, so will wyverns)

So I've got a question. In the reach, usually, there is that one locked golden chest of to the side ad the bottom. When I open it nothing is in it. Is there are requirement? Also there's something weird with the reach theme at night. It just seems like it doesn't play.

There is an issue with Spirit Mod and Even More Modifiers when both are enabled. It gets me a "Load Failed!" on World Load. Not sure what causes it. Current workaround is to disable Even More Modifiers first, load the world with Spirit Mod, and then re-enable Even More Modifiers.

I found a bug. When using the Primalstone armor set I noticed that I don't take any damage from enemies. When switching to a set with more armor than the aforementioned I take a lot of damage, so this is kinda gamebreaking. Hopefully you can fix it :D

Something is wrong with the music: The reach theme isn't playing at night, the tide isn't playing. I am scared that I might not hear the spirit in the near future.

This mod works correctly in multiplayer?
At least Scarab boss is supposedly bugged in mp (can't check for myself right now).
So far, Spirit Mod doesn't work correctly even by itself in single player (no knockback on most weapons except for normal sword-like swinging weapons and tools).

Is the mod broken? Spirit biome's message displayed, but it didn't generate.
however, this is having activated the mod Post-ML and then killing a mech boss.

Is the mod broken? Spirit biome's message displayed, but it didn't generate.
however, this is having activated the mod Post-ML and then killing a mech boss.
do you check the entire surface on your world? because since spirit biome can generate "anywhere" on the world, last time was near the sulphur ocean (calamity mod).

Back
Top Bottom