tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

I got the Gilded Idol, along with five extra copies of Folv's Lost Blade. Please tell me I'm just unlucky, and that they aren't supposed to be that rare. I'm perfectly okay with a bit of grinding, but over forty bosses for one item seems a little bit excessive.

Okay, I was about to submit this, then I decided to test out the Terror Bark to see if it was that great and that it was really worth the grind. I tested it on the Eye, and it dropped another Retina. (I couldn't gauge how good they were exactly, too used to Starplate gear, I'll get the next level from Raider, Tide, and...Skeletron?)

Seriously, what's the drop rate for these things? I'm actually getting really curious and confused. If it's 1 in 10 like a trophy, then I just got unlucky and it's a great rate. If it's 1 in 40, then I have many questions. Most of these questions would be the word "why" repeated over and over.
I'm writing up the recipes and drop rates right now. The bosses all drop it at a 7% rate, with a higher drop rate (8%) in expert. You're certainly unlucky there, though I may reduce the grind a bit.

Party hat on Trapper is a bit low.

Attachments

• Terraria - Trapper hat.JPG
    Terraria - Trapper hat.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 156
Couple things
1 Is the Spirit in hardmode supposed to spawn reach enemies
2 is the reach worm supposed to be able to agro against players in the sky layer from underground?

When I was playing yesterday, I noticed the new Meteor summon staff doesn't create a buff and the summoner artifact, at least in its fourth stage, despawns after like 1 or 2 minutes for some reason.
Can you check if these are actual bugs or just incompatibility with some mods?

When I was playing yesterday, I noticed the new Meteor summon staff doesn't create a buff and the summoner artifact, at least in its fourth stage, despawns after like 1 or 2 minutes for some reason.
Can you check if these are actual bugs or just incompatibility with some mods?
if its a mod that causes the problem it will be more helpful that you give you mod list.

Apex Feather- Drops from Mothron rarely (2%)

Okay, no. That's a 1 in 50 chance. You basically used a Mothron Banner as a material. If you assume 5 Mothrons per Eclipse, that's an expected 10 Eclipses. If you get lucky and get swarmed by let's say 10 in 1, that's still 5 Eclipses. That's a time range of 2-4 hours, without taking in that 50 doesn't guarantee the item. Combine that with Mothron not always spawning, it's probably closer to 1-6 hours depending on luck.

However, you could still do stuff during nighttime that isn't Eclipse farming. Even though I don't like this, I want to be fair about it, so let's subtract nighttime hours from our total. Now we have a range of 35 minutes to 3.75 hours of absolutely nothing but Eclipse farming. This can be modified further by not being super skilled and dying, or also by making a special grinder with lava and Lihzahrd traps.

There's a reason why the "Reduced Grinding" mod made it to the top 10 most downloaded TModloader mods. Even if the chance is improved in Expert, I'm cheating this thing in without shame.

Thank you for the update!

Also why only daybloom sets? make all the herb sets!!! (just kidding of course but don't mind if you planned it too :dryadnaughty:)

Here's another patch! Not on the browser as of yet:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/syskvuqmj90tsn2/SpiritMod.tmod

- Nerfed Vein Tunneler's spawn rate and health
- Nerfed the spawn chance of the Mineroid and Bramble Burrower
- Fixed the Orbiter Staff not giving a buff
- Fixed a lot of spelling & grammar error
- Fixed the Terror Fiends despawning, at the cost of 'losing' your Nightmare Eye in 3 minutes(the buff still remains, the Nightmare Eye is purely cosmetic)
- Buffed the True Shadow Shot and Terravolver
- Buffed the drop rates of multiple artifact materials
- Fixed a lot of NPC spawns, including the Mechromancer
- Nerfed the drop rate of items dropped by Harpies, as well as many other items
- Made the Vein Tunneler rarely drop the Plaguebearer Microbe
Okay, no. That's a 1 in 50 chance. You basically used a Mothron Banner as a material. If you assume 5 Mothrons per Eclipse, that's an expected 10 Eclipses. If you get lucky and get swarmed by let's say 10 in 1, that's still 5 Eclipses. That's a time range of 2-4 hours, without taking in that 50 doesn't guarantee the item. Combine that with Mothron not always spawning, it's probably closer to 1-6 hours depending on luck.

However, you could still do stuff during nighttime that isn't Eclipse farming. Even though I don't like this, I want to be fair about it, so let's subtract nighttime hours from our total. Now we have a range of 35 minutes to 3.75 hours of absolutely nothing but Eclipse farming. This can be modified further by not being super skilled and dying, or also by making a special grinder with lava and Lihzahrd traps.

There's a reason why the "Reduced Grinding" mod made it to the top 10 most downloaded TModloader mods. Even if the chance is improved in Expert, I'm cheating this thing in without shame.
Check out the new drop rates! Hopefully things are easier to obtain now :)

Check out the new drop rates! Hopefully things are easier to obtain now :)

Thank you. Thank you so much. No sarcasm, at all. I promise.

How much are the rates increased in Expert? Probably 2-3 percent up from Normal, right?

Seriously, thank you for fixing Mothron.

Thank you. Thank you so much. No sarcasm, at all. I promise.

How much are the rates increased in Expert? Probably 2-3 percent up from Normal, right?

Seriously, thank you for fixing Mothron.
Around 1-2% higher, yeah :) The drop changes are more observable in enemies than bosses.

Back
Top Bottom